What's up with Karen Traviss novels?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Re: What's up with Karen Traviss novels?

Post by Solauren »

You know, once it was revealed she hated the Jedi, why was she allowed to continue writing novels?
Hell, if she hated the Jedi, why did she start writing Star Wars novels?
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Gunhead
Jedi Council Member

Post by Gunhead »

Solauren wrote: 2020-09-27 07:46am You know, once it was revealed she hated the Jedi, why was she allowed to continue writing novels?
I think the bigger question is why insist on including them in your novels? Jedi are literary garbage, they're boring, bland and one of the main reasons why mainline movies after OT are such pieces of dreg.
So if you hate'em so much why include them? There's plenty of stuff you can write about with pew pew, space babes and so on.

-Gunhead
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
-Generalfeldmarschall Erwin Rommel

"And if you don't wanna feel like a putz
Collect the clues and connect the dots
You'll see the pattern that is bursting your bubble, and it's Bad" -The Hives
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Gunhead wrote: 2020-09-28 06:42am
Solauren wrote: 2020-09-27 07:46am You know, once it was revealed she hated the Jedi, why was she allowed to continue writing novels?
I think the bigger question is why insist on including them in your novels? Jedi are literary garbage, they're boring, bland and one of the main reasons why mainline movies after OT are such pieces of dreg.
So if you hate'em so much why include them? There's plenty of stuff you can write about with pew pew, space babes and so on.

-Gunhead
Very good point. Just right the novel about the war, and leave the characters you don't like as 'in the background'

i.e "Would be nice if we had a Jedi with us." "We don't need'em" (then proceed to prove you don't)
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Solauren wrote: 2020-09-29 12:16pm
Gunhead wrote: 2020-09-28 06:42am

-Gunhead
Very good point. Just right the novel about the war, and leave the characters you don't like as 'in the background'

i.e "Would be nice if we had a Jedi with us." "We don't need'em" (then proceed to prove you don't)
Except she was hired to write 1 third of the main series novels. Which kind of requires writing jedi and the Skywalkers/Solo. Not leaving her doing clone based side novels though is on Lucasfilm.