Ewan McGregor to play Obi-Wan Kenobi on TV

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Ewan McGregor to play Obi-Wan Kenobi on TV

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Elheru Aran wrote: 2019-08-20 03:24pm
ray245 wrote: 2019-08-20 02:36pm
Galvatron wrote: 2019-08-20 01:16pm I think it's a bit premature to declare what it either will or won't be.
We know an Obi-Wan story can't have him revealing to everyone he's on Tatootine.
Obi-wan gets news about interesting event and is either asked or decides to intervene.

Obi-wan leaves Tatooine and does stuff. Obi-wan doesn't tell anybody he's from Tatooine.

Obi-wan goes back to Tatooine once his adventures are complete. Nobody but maybe a Rebel or two knows he's on Tatooine.

There, done.

Never mind that Bail Organa almost certainly had some idea of where Obi-wan was, seeing as the Tantive IV went there directly from Scarif. So it's not like his existence there is a -complete- secret.
I'd like a movie of Obi-wan and Bail working to help set up the Alliance (along with Mon Mothma), trying to recruit various fringe/underworld elements to the cause, with Maul's crime syndicate being the competition. It could be an interesting story- Bail and Kenobi offering the marginalized elements of the galaxy a cause and hope for a better future (while wrestling with whether to ally with some of the more dubious criminal elements), while Maul takes advantage of their desperation to recruit people into his crime syndicate. At the end of the film, they take out Maul's organization, but he follows Kenobi back to Tatooine, discovers Luke, and they have their final duel.

Even better if they borrow from Rebels and have a live-action Ashoka appear in it (other characters I'd like to see include Hera Syndulla and the Rebel fleet commander from Rebels, but not Vader- I feel that his meeting with Kenobi in A New Hope should be the first since Mustafar, and having them just miss each other would feel contrived and gratuitous, in all likelihood).
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

ray245 wrote: 2019-08-20 02:36pm
Galvatron wrote: 2019-08-20 01:16pm I think it's a bit premature to declare what it either will or won't be.
We know an Obi-Wan story can't have him revealing to everyone he's on Tatootine.
"Hi, my names Ben."
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

It's been confirmed as a TV show.
Humans are such funny creatures. We are selfish about selflessness, yet we can love something so much that we can hate something.