RedLetterMedia Rise of Skywalker Predictions

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Straha
Lord of the Spam

RedLetterMedia Rise of Skywalker Predictions

Post by Straha »

Interesting video focusing on the Disney/Director side of Rise of Skywalker:

Spoiler
Frankly, I find the time travel idea less and less ludicrous the more I think about it from the 'Star Wars is a Disney Cash Cow' perspective. I'm interested to see what happens.
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
houser2112
Padawan Learner

Re: RedLetterMedia Rise of Skywalker Predictions

Post by houser2112 »

I don't have time to watch that whole 40 minute video, but I dearly hope what you wrote in your spoiler is wrong.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Time travel already became a thing in canon with Rebels. Of course it should be used sparingly, and preferably as a stable loop only (which is how it seemed to be in Rebels), but I fear the temptation to retcon away the ST after all the whining, and allow them to go back and remake the Prequels/OT rather than doing something new, may prove too much. If not now, then someday.

Of course, I also give about zero credence to anything from RLM. He's basically made a career out of telling bitter OT fanboys what they want to hear.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Is he doing the annoying voice that I'd rather poke my eardrums out than listen to?
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Maybe they'll have Rey time travel back to the ancient past with her books and she becomes the founder of the original Jedi order. :shock:

Go ahead, scoff at me. Deep down, you know it's possible... :P
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Galvatron wrote: 2019-07-27 04:07am Maybe they'll have Rey time travel back to the ancient past with her books and she becomes the founder of the original Jedi order. :shock:

Go ahead, scoff at me. Deep down, you know it's possible... :P
Everything became possible when they introduced time travel to the franchise.

Its just Doctor Who with lightsabers now, folks.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Patroklos
Sith Devotee

Post by Patroklos »

I rightly give the new films and the talentless hacks that make them lots of shit, but even I think the corporate overlords understand that the cartoons and other non-movie media mean nothing to the movie development. You can be a lot more experimental, or just stupid, in the small screen stuff and since 90% of people will never see it the movies cash cows are not beholden to it.

I am both happy and sad that the Cartoons feel the freedom to experiment. The former because it’s a good idea to have new stories, the later because most of their new ideas are shit. Which is usually par for the course for such enterprises, trial and error and most Hollywood efforts fail. Hopefully the few good things from the smaller projects percolate up to the majors, with the time travel and hyperspace whales wallowing in the minors.

In other words I don’t believe for one second the new movie makers care that some spin off made time travel a cannon thing. I doubt many of them have even heard of Rebels. They may do time travel, but it will be for their own self contained ends is they do, born independently from some other creatively sterile mind.
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Rogue 9 wrote: 2019-07-26 11:26pm Is he doing the annoying voice that I'd rather poke my eardrums out than listen to?
No, this is just him talking.
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan