New Clone Wars Season 7 Trailer.

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

New Clone Wars Season 7 Trailer.

Post by The Romulan Republic »

From Star Wars Celebration. Skip to the end of the video for the trailer, if the panel doesn't interest you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0XlB2EJZuA

So yeah. Its back. Looks like quite a lot about Ashoka, and what she did after leaving the Order.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Mange
Sith Marauder

Re: New Clone Wars Season 7 Trailer.

Post by Mange »

Looks good! Too bad that the Utapau and Kashyyyk arcs won't be part of the four finished arcs.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Fuck me, that's still going?
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

It was cancelled after the sale to Disney (after five season, as I recall). There was much fan outcry. They eventually, I believe, released several uncompleted stories, which I guess would be season six. This is season seven.

So yeah, killed and brought back, presumably because The Clone Wars and Rebels seem to be the only part of the Disney era (besides maybe Rogue One) that fans almost universally like.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

KraytKing
Jedi Knight

Post by KraytKing »

Sigh. Oh well. I had hoped to avoid the ridiculousness of the Bad Batch arc, but looks like it's still in there. Didn't see Echo, though, so I can still hope they cut him out of it.
If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.
--Mace

The Old Testament has as much validity for the foundation of a religion as the pattern my recent case of insect bites formed on my ass.
--Solauren

I always get nervous when I hear the word Christian.
--Mountain

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.
applejack
Padawan Learner

Post by applejack »

New trailer dropped this morning:

Releases on Disney+ on February 21.
Dear Lord, the gods have been good to me. As an offering, I present these milk and cookies. If you wish me to eat them instead, please give me no sign whatsoever *pauses* Thy will be done *munch munch munch*. - Homer Simpson
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Rumour is that the end of the season will overlap with/take place alongside of RotS/Order 66, and some details of the trailer (most notable the shot of Anakin talking to a visibly-pregnant Padme) seem to confirm this:

https://ca.ign.com/articles/star-wars-c ... f-the-sith

Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Only 4 into it. Not bad. The Bad Batch are over the top, but not bad. Rebels ended up being a decent ending to Clone Wars but... this isn't bad.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
chimericoncogene
Padawan Learner

Post by chimericoncogene »

Watched episodes 8 and 9 - man were they awesome. Z-95 headhunters, blaster fire everywhere, jetpack legions...
Everything Star Wars was meant to be.
And the homecoming welcome Ahsoka got... that brought tears to my eyes.
I can't wait for Order 66. Doesn't cover Ahsoka, now, doesn't it?
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

chimericoncogene wrote: 2020-04-23 02:43am Watched episodes 8 and 9 - man were they awesome. Z-95 headhunters, blaster fire everywhere, jetpack legions...
I have a feeling Palpatine would want to tie up loose ends, especially ones with close emotional ties to Anakin/Vader.

bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

The Romulan Republic wrote: 2020-04-23 03:14am
chimericoncogene wrote: 2020-04-23 02:43am Watched episodes 8 and 9 - man were they awesome. Z-95 headhunters, blaster fire everywhere, jetpack legions...
I have a feeling Palpatine would want to tie up loose ends, especially ones with close emotional ties to Anakin/Vader.
Sure, I can see Palpatine wanting that. But Rebels has already shown us what happens to Ahsoka.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Though considering based on the comics Order 66 does cover the inquisitors even though they're not only ex-jedi but also imperial agents I suppose it should cover Ahsoka as well so we'll how she'll escape from the clones (possibly with Rex's help).
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

bilateralrope wrote: 2020-04-23 03:49am
The Romulan Republic wrote: 2020-04-23 03:14am
Sure, I can see Palpatine wanting that. But Rebels has already shown us what happens to Ahsoka.
Well yeah. My point is that there will likely be an attempt to take her out.

chimericoncogene
Padawan Learner

The Romulan Republic wrote: 2020-04-23 04:04am

It's Order 66. They're all going to go. Unless Palps is omniscient, (and i think he cut ties with Maul a long time ago), he's not going to send someone after her specifically.

Heck, even Kenobi didn't warrant a special hit squad other than his own 7th Star Corps and seven Star Destroyers. Ahsoka's got a whole division of crack troops and three Venators with her. Plus, those troops have known her for years, and know exactly how to hunt her down if she runs. She's totally covered.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

chimericoncogene wrote: 2020-04-23 07:50am
The Romulan Republic wrote: 2020-04-23 04:04am

It's Order 66. They're all going to go. Unless Palps is omniscient, (and i think he cut ties with Maul a long time ago), he's not going to send someone after her specifically.

Heck, even Kenobi didn't warrant a special hit squad other than his own 7th Star Corps and seven Star Destroyers. Ahsoka's got a whole division of crack troops and three Venators with her. Plus, those troops have known her for years, and know exactly how to hunt her down if she runs. She's totally covered.
Well based on the comics if a target is indentified as a jedi and the code phrase is spoken the clones with the chip will go into "must kill that person" mode, so you don't really have to send hit squads after anyone specifically as being near clones and being identified as a jedi (and pretty much everyone in the 501st considered Ahsoka to be a jedi) would be enough.
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
chimericoncogene
Padawan Learner

Lord Revan wrote: 2020-04-23 10:10am
Well based on the comics if a target is indentified as a jedi and the code phrase is spoken the clones with the chip will go into "must kill that person" mode, so you don't really have to send hit squads after anyone specifically as being near clones and being identified as a jedi (and pretty much everyone in the 501st considered Ahsoka to be a jedi) would be enough.
My point exactly. Nobody needs a hit squad because every Jedi worth his/her salt is lugging a division-sized crack hit squad around, with armor, artillery, air and orbital support. That was why Order 66 worked.

Sigh... it's terrible storytelling like the brain chips that make me miss the old canon the most.
The old canon made explicitly clear that the clones were not brainwashed or duped, but merely following orders, orders they very much did not like but executed anyway, because they were good soldiers, and that the Jedi didn't pick it up because the clones held no malice in their hearts when they gritted their teeth and did their jobs, and that the Senate didn't pick it up because nobody took page 66 (out of 150 pages of bureaucratese) seriously.

I greatly preferred the traditional explanation - it gives Order 66 much more pathos, and makes it all the more tragic for everyone involved. It's a much more compelling story than "brain chips activate, clones lobotomized and turned into mindless jedi-killers", because it invokes themes of honor, duty, loyalty to friends and institutions, and free will, rather than simple subversion and compulsion. Order 66 is my favorite storyline in Star Wars, and I hope TCW sticks the landing.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

The thing is that clones don't turn into mindless Jedi killers (their minds are very much intact), they just get a massive urge to kill any jedi they encounter (which can be resisted if the clone in question has enough willpower and/or order to resist, the 501st ignored Anakin/Vader even though we know he did fit the hitlist).

In a sense it makes it more tragic since the clones know at some level that what they're doing is wrong but cannot stop themselves from doing it. Besides the moment they gave clones the ability to think for themselves (out of universe that is) the original way order 66 went down became impossible. The problem isn't that clones gun down the jedi but rather that they do so without hesitation or doubt.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

chimericoncogene wrote: 2020-04-23 11:05am
Lord Revan wrote: 2020-04-23 10:10am
My point exactly. Nobody needs a hit squad because every Jedi worth his/her salt is lugging a division-sized crack hit squad around, with armor, artillery, air and orbital support. That was why Order 66 worked.

Sigh... it's terrible storytelling like the brain chips that make me miss the old canon the most.
The old canon made explicitly clear that the clones were not brainwashed or duped, but merely following orders, orders they very much did not like but executed anyway, because they were good soldiers, and that the Jedi didn't pick it up because the clones held no malice in their hearts when they gritted their teeth and did their jobs, and that the Senate didn't pick it up because nobody took page 66 (out of 150 pages of bureaucratese) seriously.

I greatly preferred the traditional explanation - it gives Order 66 much more pathos, and makes it all the more tragic for everyone involved. It's a much more compelling story than "brain chips activate, clones lobotomized and turned into mindless jedi-killers", because it invokes themes of honor, duty, loyalty to friends and institutions, and free will, rather than simple subversion and compulsion. Order 66 is my favorite storyline in Star Wars, and I hope TCW sticks the landing.
Makes more sense though. People who you've served with in battle, and who have saved you plenty of times, and who have looked out for you several times, makes it really hard to just gun down like that. At the end of the day, while they are modified, the clones are still humans, and having them just shoot down people who they consider surrogate parents, siblings, and friends is just beyond belief. Having it to where a brain chip does it makes much more sense.

I'd also disagree about pathos. Look at Cal Kestis.

Little padawan going around, chatting with the clones, even getting high fives from them, and then, like a switch flipped, they stop calling him by a nickname, and instead start shooting at him with no reaction whatsoever. It makes the tragedy of the clones being warped by the Emperor even more valid, as they're victims of Palpatine just as much as the Jedi are.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Isn't the tragedy of the clones that the shiny heroes of the Republic were really just the space SS all along?

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Gandalf wrote: 2020-04-23 05:02pm Isn't the tragedy of the clones that the shiny heroes of the Republic were really just the space SS all along?
Nah, they were dumped and forgotten about, and replaced with Stormtroopers:

Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

FaxModem1 wrote: 2020-04-23 07:58pmNah, they were dumped and forgotten about, and replaced with Stormtroopers:
So the Riefenstahl shots of the clone army in AOTC are...?

I get that they wrote themselves into a corner by making the Emperor's genetically designed master race of soldiers into likeable army guys and merch juggernauts in a WoT environment, requiring a crazy retcon, but this is nuts.

- George Carlin
chimericoncogene
Padawan Learner

Gandalf wrote: 2020-04-23 08:34pm
FaxModem1 wrote: 2020-04-23 07:58pmNah, they were dumped and forgotten about, and replaced with Stormtroopers:

I get that they wrote themselves into a corner by making the Emperor's genetically designed master race of soldiers into likeable army guys and merch juggernauts in a WoT environment, requiring a crazy retcon, but this is nuts.
The SS was comprised of perfectly normal people with wives and kids and little cottages. Hutu genocidaires had wives, kids, and little farms.

The sad fact about the world is that decent people will do horrible things to each other out of ideology, peer pressure, or deference to authority.

I can totally believe the clones are nice people who will follow orders to shoot friends out of a sense of duty and loyalty to their institution. I'm no soldier, but my guts says that if I were conditioned properly, I'd ask really hard for verification, but I think I'd follow Order 66, and an army of me would totally execute it as a whole. A lot of people have voiced the opinion that nice clones would not kill Jedi, but I have a hard time understanding their point of view because I think I have a good chance of following such orders with appropriate conditioning - and if I might do it, an army of soldiers trained from birth and engineered for loyalty to the state would totally do it too.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

chimericoncogene wrote: 2020-04-23 09:04pm

The SS was comprised of perfectly normal people with wives and kids and little cottages. Hutu genocidaires had wives, kids, and little farms.

The sad fact about the world is that decent people will do horrible things to each other out of ideology, peer pressure, or deference to authority.

I can totally believe the clones are nice people who will follow orders to shoot friends out of a sense of duty and loyalty to their institution. I'm no soldier, but my guts says that if I were conditioned properly, I'd ask really hard for verification, but I think I'd follow Order 66, and an army of me would totally execute it as a whole. A lot of people have voiced the opinion that nice clones would not kill Jedi, but I have a hard time understanding their point of view because I think I have a good chance of following such orders with appropriate conditioning - and if I might do it, an army of soldiers trained from birth and engineered for loyalty to the state would totally do it too.
Basic wartime conditioning, someone you served with, who you KNOW had your back in the worst of conditions, means that you would have their backs too, just out of simple tribal psychology of how you KNOW this person is with you, no matter what. Shooting them would be very hard without something compelling you to do so.

Think of it like this, in Captain America, there's a reason Bucky wasn't the one to pull the trigger on Steve, and instead saved him. According to your logic, Bucky should have instead been the one to pull the trigger after getting verification that his lifetime buddy was deemed an enemy, instead of his doubts and confusion that he faced, and eventual breaking of that conditioning once he was able to put the pieces together.

Same principle here. They're friends who have been through a lot together, and some politician telling them to kill each other isn't going to mean as much as what they've personally been through. Having it be something biological makes much more sense.

Foreshadowing of where the Republic is going, and showing the steps that they're now taking.
chimericoncogene
Padawan Learner

Oh my god episode 10 was awesome.
I think we're up to the lightsaber duel in the Chancellor's Office, but I'm not quite sure.
One more for... what comes next.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

chimericoncogene wrote: 2020-04-24 12:23pm Oh my god episode 10 was awesome.
I think we're up to the lightsaber duel in the Chancellor's Office, but I'm not quite sure.
One more for... what comes next.
Hard to say as the exact chronology of Episode III isn't crystal clear, however we were told that Obi-Wan is either on route or about to leave to Utapau but isn't there yet, since if he was he wouldn't be able to communicate with Ahsoka as he was leading the battle or dueling with Grevious until Order 66.

Either way we're close to those events and I suspect that last episodes will be during Order 66.