Take a ride...on the Dark Side?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Who would you ride with?

Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader
15%
Luke Skywalker
No votes
Palpatine
18%
Han Solo
10%
Princess Leia
No votes
Obi-Wan Kenobi
5%
Yoda
26%
Padme
3%
Other (Mace, Lando, Mara Jade, Qui-Gon)
8%
No thanks, I'll watch the movie
15%

Total votes: 39

Medicus
Redshirt

Take a ride...on the Dark Side?

Post by Medicus »

So your favorite magic sky pixie appears and gives you an interesting offer. You get to join with a Star Wars character on the journey of their life. How it works: You will see through their eyes, hear through their ears, feel their emotions, sense their thoughts, etc... You can even act as an "inner voice" to some extent, questioning their motives and actions. The character will continue their actions as depicted in canon no matter what you "say" to them.

You will join with them in early childhood, and stay will them until a couple years after the end of RoTJ. If they die and become a force ghost you will stay with them. Once this is over you return to your normal life with no time passed.

So who do you pick? Would it change if this was extended into the post RoTJ EU?

1) Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader. Know the intimate details concerning his turn to the dark side. Know what is going through his head as he learns he has a living son.

2) Yoda. You get to live with Yoda for centuries and experience the world of Star Wars through an extremely powerful Jedi Master. The last decades are going to be painful as friends are slaughtered and an institution you have protected for centuries is destroyed.

3) Luke Skywalker. Live a tough life as a moisture farmer, experience the thrills of becoming a Jedi. If extended to the EU you would share in the rebuilding of the Jedi order.

4) Han Solo. Live through the eyes of the galaxy's most lovable smuggler. You get the girl at the end, you get to see the seedy underbelly of the galaxy, all in all probably an interesting experience.

5) Palpatine. Find out his history. From Naboo? Some backwater outer rim planet? What did he really feel about Anakin? When did he start his plans for a takeover of the Republic? Obviously a very dark choice.

For me, I think I would go with Han Solo. An interesting and varied life, lots of action, and I might even pick up some skills applicable to real life!
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Qui-Gon. I'd like to see the events that shaped him into the Jedi that learned to secret to immortality.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Dangermouse
Jedi Knight

Post by Dangermouse »

Palpatine.

I enjoy mystery, and intrigue and I want more details in to how the puppetmaster was able to place and eventually manipulate the strings. I am curious as to when Palpatine's plot was first conceived and how it has been modified over the years. Was it simply for power and the Sith's quest to rule the galaxy? How much did Palpatine's dislike of the corruption and bureacracy in the Republic come into play? To what extent does the new Emperor care for his subjects under his rule?

What were his thoughts when he betrayed his master? What events led to his adoption of the Dark Side and transformed him into a very calculating but patient individual who shows little hesitation and remorse for both betraying his cohorts as well as killing civilians? What sort of horrific mindset leads someone to orchestrate a civil war and play both sides simply as a means to gain absolute power?

In ROTS, we see Palpatine adopt Anakin as his new apprentice. However, there are hints that their relationship goes beyond one of master and apprentice, and that at times, Palpatine becomes almost a father figure to Anakin. I am interested to see how this relationship develops over the years leading up to ROTJ, and whether or not Palpatine suspected Vader's intentions in ESB. I am also curious to know exactly how Palpatine felt about Anakin. Was his main motivation regarding Anakin simply to corrupt and adopt a new apprentice? To what extent does the Emperior care about Anakin and Anakin's acheivements?

I like the complexity that is added to Palpatine from ESB / ROTJ and I am curious to learn more.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Lando.

Not only do you get the thrill of being a General of the Rebellion, fly the MF against the DS ll, go toe to toe with a fleet of pirate vessels at the battle of Tanaab, etc. but you'd also get the advantage of seeing a master gambler in action..... and a ladies man. :wink:

And non of that pesky force business either, it always ends in tears.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Lancer
Sith Marauder

Post by Lancer »

Since being an inner voice won't change anything, I'd probably go with Han Solo.

If being an inner voice actually did allow you to change the outcome of events though, I'd go tag along in Anakin's head.
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

Id like to get my monies worth, and an 800 year old jedi master would do it. I say Yoda.
"I got so high last night I figured out how clouds work." - the miracle of marijuana

Legalize It!

Proud Member of the local 404 Professional Cynics Union.

"Every Revolution carries within it the seeds of its own destruction."-Dune
Robert Walper
Dishonest Resident Borg Fan-Whore

Post by Robert Walper »

The pervert in me says Padme...eye candy anyone? ;)

But honestly, I voted watching the movie. Watching the world through someone else's eyes would be much too like a prison, especially since the option of being the inner voice doesn't change a thing. May as well not be there. Like...watching the movie.
xcr
Youngling

Post by xcr »

The inner voice changes nothing? or nothing covered in 'cannon'?
Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

Robert Walper wrote:The pervert in me says Padme...eye candy anyone? ;)
You'd find out what it's like to be penetrated by Hayden Christiansen... :?

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
The Cleric
BANNED

Post by The Cleric »

Thirdfain wrote:
Just wait till Einy finds this thread....
{} Thrawn wins. Any questions? {} Great Dolphin Conspiracy {} Proud member of the defunct SEGNOR {} Enjoy the rythmic hip thrusts {} In my past life I was either Vlad the Impaler or Katsushika Hokusai {}
Robert Walper
Dishonest Resident Borg Fan-Whore

Post by Robert Walper »

Thirdfain wrote:
:shock: I was so engrossed in the idea of the mirror...I forgot that part.
Srynerson
Jedi Knight

Post by Srynerson »

Thirdfain wrote:
Yes, but are a few rounds of that worse than 900 years of Yoda dealing with personal hygiene issues? :P
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Han

With him, you get it all, the highs, the lows, all over the entire galaxy, a nice rest period, marry the princess, have a mess of kids, and even go through having to lose your best friend and your son, and yet finding the inner strength to kick some serious scared headed ass