Crosscurrent Question

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Tychu
Jedi Master

Crosscurrent Question

Post by Tychu »

I just got around to reading Crosscurrent. (Took a break on Star Wars novels to make sure I was ahead of HBO's "Game of Thrones"). Now I know this book is seen as a weak entry in the EU but I have a technology level question.

First its clear the illustrator didn't read the book before he made the cover.

Second, when Jaden Korr and Relin Druur meet aboard the Junker, Jaden convinces Relin its the future by showing him that lightsabers don't require a power pack anymore. Afterwards aboard the Harbinger, there is never a mention about Relin's power packed lightsaber again or even during the fight between Relin and Saes. In fact Relin actually uses the force to pull Saes' saber to himself resulting in Spoiler
Relin using Saes' lightsaber to impale its owner
Now did Sith Lightsaber technology not require a power pack 5,000 yby (I don't remember seeing them in the Tales of the Jedi comics) and the Jedi ones did?

This could be a gross oversight by the author but if not....
I plan on buying the printed Lost Tribe of the Sith anthology this summer when its released so any information from those books will not be welcomed. Thanks in advance
"Boring Conversation anyway" Han Solo

"What kinda archeologist carries a weapon........Bad Example" Colonel Jack O'Neil

"My name is Olo... Hans Olo" -Dr. Daniel Jackson

"Well you did make the Farmingdale Run in less than 12 parsecs" --Personal Quote

"Just popped out for lunch" - Rowan Atkinson as Mr. Bean