Favourite EU Character

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Who is your favourite EU character

Mara Jade
10%
Corran Horn
3%
Jacen/Jaina/Anakin Solo
3%
Kyp Durron
1%
Admiral Thrawn
34%
Revan/Darth Revan
14%
HK-47
23%
Quinlan Vos
No votes
Aayla Secura
1%
Other
12%

Total votes: 104

SilverWingedSeraph
Jedi Knight

Favourite EU Character

Post by SilverWingedSeraph »

I'm not sure if this thread (or one like it) has been posted before. I checked back five-six pages and didn't find a thread like it, so I assume if a thread like this has been done before, it was some time ago indeed. Anyway, I'm wondering who people's favourite EU characters are. If none of the ones I list are to your liking, simply click Other, and post who and why.

I realise there will probably be a lot of people clicking "Other", 'cause let's face it, there's lots of EU characters, so I just covered as many obvious choices as I could fit in.

Me, I'm going with either Revan or HK-47. The post ROTJ EU doesn't do much for me. It's kinda funny though, the way Kyp is depicted as being all badass when KJA writes the character, but when Stackpole writes the character, he becomes a total jackass, and Corran Horn becomes the badass one. Talk about stroking their egos. Both are obsessed with their little Mary-Sues.

Although, Quinlan Vos and Aayla Secura a both good choices too. Technically, they're fully canon, since Aayla appeared in two of the movies, I believe, and Vos is mentioned in RotS, so I'm not sure if they count as EU characters anymore.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Edward Yee
Sith Devotee

Post by Edward Yee »

I'm gonna go with Kir Kanos. :P
"Yee's proposal is exactly the sort of thing I would expect some Washington legal eagle to do. In fact, it could even be argued it would be unrealistic to not have a scene in the next book of, say, a Congressman Yee submit the Yee Act for consideration. :D" - bcoogler on this

"My crystal ball is filled with smoke, and my hovercraft is full of eels." - Bayonet

Stark: "You can't even GET to heaven. You don't even know where it is, or even if it still exists."
SirNitram: "So storm Hell." - From the legendary thread
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

HK-47. Nothing beats a droid as great as him. I mean, the first thing he says to Revan is, "Greetings, Master. May I kill something for you?". He's just the best character in all of Star Wars, never mind the EU alone.
SilverWingedSeraph
Jedi Knight

Someone actually voted for Corran Horn!? Mary-Sues do not deserve votes! Bad person! Bad!
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Han Solo up until the Swarm War mess.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

In regards to this list, Mara Jade's still the winner in my book (though Nom Anor's not far behind) 8) .
Last edited by JME2 on 2007-02-27 09:44pm, edited 1 time in total.
SilverWingedSeraph
Jedi Knight

Darth Yoshi wrote:Han Solo up until the Swarm War mess.
Han Solo doesn't count. I meant characters that were created for the EU, otherwise the characters from the original trilogy would be on the list...
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
atg
Jedi Master

Post by atg »

Admiral Thrawn for me.

Gilad Pellaeon is close runner up.
Marcus Aurelius: ...the Swedish S-tank; the exception is made mostly because the Swedes insisted really hard that it is a tank rather than a tank destroyer or assault gun
Ilya Muromets: And now I have this image of a massive, stern-looking Swede staring down a bunch of military nerds. "It's a tank." "Uh, yes Sir. Please don't hurt us."
Lazarus
Jedi Master

Post by Lazarus »

I agree with atg, Thrawn and Pellaeon ftw. I especially liked the way Zahn flawed Thrawn in DFR, when he takes several pieces of information and draws completely the wrong conclusion, showing he isn't infallible.
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

SilverWingedSeraph wrote:
Darth Yoshi wrote:Han Solo up until the Swarm War mess.
Han Solo doesn't count. I meant characters that were created for the EU, otherwise the characters from the original trilogy would be on the list...
Well, dammit. I guess I'll have to go with Garik "Face" Loran, then.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
SilverWingedSeraph
Jedi Knight

I'm the only person who's voted for Revan so far? God damn. Corran fricking Horn has more votes.

You can't tell me that's not cool. Well, you can, but I won't listen!
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

SilverWingedSeraph wrote:I'm the only person who's voted for Revan so far? God damn. Corran fricking Horn has more votes.

You can't tell me that's not cool. Well, you can, but I won't listen!
It's not cool. He has a blue lightsaber, while red is much better-looking. Give him a red saber, and then it would be cool.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

HK-47 provides me with me most entertainment, which is why I voted for him.

Why is Aayla Secura counted as an "EU" character, when she's in two of the movies also?
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
SilverWingedSeraph
Jedi Knight

Darth Fanboy wrote:HK-47 provides me with me most entertainment, which is why I voted for him.

Why is Aayla Secura counted as an "EU" character, when she's in two of the movies also?
Because she originated as an EU character, then Lucas added her into the movies. I figure she still qualifies as an EU character.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
General Soontir Fel
Padawan Learner

Post by General Soontir Fel »

Mara Jade. Quinlan Vos is a very close second, but I already read most of the NJO when he appeared, so it didn't change my mind.
Jesse Helms died on the 4th of July and the nation celebrated with fireworks, BBQs and a day off for everyone. -- Ed Brayton, Dispatches from the Culture Wars

"And a force-sensitive mandalorian female Bountyhunter, who is also the granddaughter of Darth Vader is as cool as it can get. Almost absolute zero." -- FTeik
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

I like Corran Horn. And I like Stackpole's books, so you can blow me. :P

I also really like Jaina, or at least so far as I have read of her character. She's far more take charge than her brothers, and isn't a complete whiney emo bitch (Jacen) or dead (Anakin).

However, I voted Thrawn. He was one of the few major EU villians to not be some kind of cackling, moustache-twirling villian (to say nothing of the Sith of the Month ones), and he was realisticly flawed and fallible.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
dworkin
Jedi Master

Post by dworkin »

I voted for Revan. This is mainly when I first played KOTOR I used the random name button and got.

'Bron Star'

It added an entire dimension of unintended hilarity to the game.
Don't abandon democracy folks, or an alien star-god may replace your ruler. - NecronLord
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

SilverWingedSeraph wrote: Because she originated as an EU character, then Lucas added her into the movies. I figure she still qualifies as an EU character.
Really? Hmm, learn something new every day.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Faqa
Jedi Master

Post by Faqa »

Warning: Touch any button but HK-47's and lose a finger, meatbags....

Best. Droid. EVER.

Mara Jade and Thrawn? They're cool, but Mara gets a bit annoying by Survivor's Quest and Thrawn... well he's popular enough. Besides, his penchant for accomplishing goals thirty complicated ways instead of one simple one is annoying.
And I like Stackpole's books, so you can blow me
The first X-wing books are good. Until they devolve into "Rogue Squadron does the impossible. Repeat ad-nauseum.". Corran's fun, but wanked-out.

Personally, I prefer Alliston's take on X-Wing. It's the A-Team in Spaaaaaaaaace..... :P. Seriously, I expected Wedge to pull out a huge cigar several times in Wraith Squadron......
Kyp Durron
2% [ 1 ]
Who voted that? WHO THE FUCK VOTED FOR A KJA CREATION?! SHOW YOURSELF!

*brandishes assualt rifle*

Seriously, Kyp Durron is a wanked-out piece of shit. His only useful role was being Luke's foil in the NJO.
"Peace on Earth and goodwill towards men? We are the United States Goverment - we don't DO that sort of thing!" - Sneakers. Best. Quote. EVER.

Periodic Pwnage Pantry:

"Faith? Isn't that another term for ignorance?" - Gregory House

"Isn't it interesting... religious behaviour is so close to being crazy that we can't tell them apart?" - Gregory House

"This is usually the part where people start screaming." - Gabriel Sylar
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Faqa wrote: Who voted that? WHO THE FUCK VOTED FOR A KJA CREATION?! SHOW YOURSELF!

No, no, no. We're more civilized than that my good friend. I opt instead for a show trial (and the position of stenographer while we're at it), then use of the assualt rifle... 8)
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

JME2 wrote:
Faqa wrote: Who voted that? WHO THE FUCK VOTED FOR A KJA CREATION?! SHOW YOURSELF!

No, no, no. We're more civilized than that my good friend. I opt instead for a show trial (and the position of stenographer while we're at it), then use of the assualt rifle... 8)
Why not burn at the stake instead of a rifle? The felon committed heresy to boot.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
JME2 wrote:

Why not burn at the stake instead of a rifle? The felon committed heresy to boot.

No, stuff them in a barrel full of spikes, then roll it down a hill into a river. If he lives, then he's a heretic! If he dies, then he's not.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Where is Tom Phaanan? Seriously I need t vote for a guy who is half cyberntic but all about the love. That and he has the best sense of humor this side of HK-47.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Invictus ChiKen
Jedi Council Member

Post by Invictus ChiKen »

Thrawn!

With Anakin (Rest in Peace(s)) a close second.
SilverWingedSeraph
Jedi Knight

Wow... people really like Thrawn, don't they?
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ