Poll: Which warship would you use?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Which ship would you use?

Imperator SD
13%
Victory SD
6%
Mon Cal Cruiser
2%
Dreadnought Cruiser
2%
Executor SSD
44%
Venator SD
2%
Home One
5%
Tector SD
No votes
Other
27%

Total votes: 63

Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Re: Poll: Which warship would you use?

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I didn't think it was in Federation times. I was just pointing out even they would be willing to do anything for a SW cap-ship. That being said, in modern times I would just park somewhere and blow up the odd asteroid or two. And shoot down any nukes in case someone decides to be an idiot and start a nuclear war.
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

I'm a fan of striking a balance between mobility and firepower, and ease of maintenance. From all I've read of SW ships of the line, the Victory class has all three of those. Especially the upgraded ones Palleon makes use of. Then, I'd go for either our own Milky Way, or the Babylon 5 universe. Popping out of Hyperspace between earth and the moon....

...just as the Battle of the Line starts. :twisted:
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Highlord Laan wrote:I'm a fan of striking a balance between mobility and firepower, and ease of maintenance. From all I've read of SW ships of the line, the Victory class has all three of those. Especially the upgraded ones Palleon makes use of. Then, I'd go for either our own Milky Way, or the Babylon 5 universe. Popping out of Hyperspace between earth and the moon....

...just as the Battle of the Line starts. :twisted:
So the Minbari surrender will make a lot more sense to everyone on Minbar, but there will be no Babylon Project as the Grey Council, Delenn included, will be blown up and chances of peace will be gone. And I don't know if the Icarus will even be funded due to IPX even coming about after that, so the Shadows might not even wake up. The Centari, without the Shadows helping them, might not even win against the Narn, meaning that their cold war might stay as such. Course, this all hinges on you siding with the humans.

If you sided with the Minbari, well, no surrender, the extinction of humanity, the Minbari then acts neutral. Same as above, only with the Minbari having twice their size of an empire, becoming the new superpower of the galaxy, barring Vorlon intervention.

If you decide to destroy both, well, that's one hell of a power vacuum, one I see the Narn trying to fill.
Forgothrax
Padawan Learner

Post by Forgothrax »

Executor SSD. Why? It will give me the greatest amount of resources towards my goal: uplifting 21st century Terra. Spend a few months to years out in the Oort cloud building up my resource base and mothballing the ship to conserve resources, then hyperjump into geosync orbit of Earth and offer every nation the plans for, say, a fusion reactor and engineers, as well as cheap spacelift. Hell, with a few years lead time out in the Oort cloud I can simply fabricate massive solar panel arrays and offer beamed power as an alternative while fusion reactors are tested and built. Combine that with battery technology, room-temperature superconductors, the works, and I think we'll be seeing a technological revolution sooner rather than later.