Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Post by Borgholio »

Its too early to say, of course, but going by the teasers, this movie is going to kick every kind of ass.
Andy Serkis voice - check.

Anti aircraft missiles - check.

Han Solo still proving he can shoot the wings off a fly - check.

Oh baby.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Mange
Sith Marauder

Post by Mange »

That stormtrooper was really flying at 0:44 after being hit by blasterfire.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Mange wrote:That stormtrooper was really flying at 0:44 after being hit by blasterfire.
from the looks of it he got hit by Han's blaster which sent stormtroopers flying even back in ANH.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Mange
Sith Marauder

Post by Mange »

Lord Revan wrote:
Mange wrote:That stormtrooper was really flying at 0:44 after being hit by blasterfire.
from the looks of it he got hit by Han's blaster which sent stormtroopers flying even back in ANH.
Yes, but not make a somersault through the air like that.
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

Mange wrote:
Lord Revan wrote:
Yes, but not make a somersault through the air like that.
Could it be a lower-gravity world?
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
DarthPooky
Padawan Learner

Post by DarthPooky »

New TV spot.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

That stormtrooper getting his electrostaff out, though. Strike a pose, much? :razz:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Anacronian
Padawan Learner

Post by Anacronian »

The song list is known.

1. Main Title and the Attack on the Jakku Village

2. The Scavenger

3. I Can Fly Anything

4. Rey Meets BB-8

5. Follow Me

6. Rey’s Theme

7. The Falcon

8. That Girl with the Staff

9. The Rathtars!

10. Finn’s Confession

11. Maz’s Counsel

12. The Starkiller

13. Kylo Ren Arrives at the Battle

14. The Abduction

15. Han and Leia

16. March of the Resistance

17. Snoke

18. On the Inside

19. Torn Apart

20. The Ways of the Force

21. Scherzo for X-Wings

22. Farewell and the Trip

23. The Jedi Steps and Finale

Linky
Homo sapiens! What an inventive, invincible species! It's only been a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenseless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable... indomitable. ~ Dr.Who
Prometheus Unbound
Jedi Master

Post by Prometheus Unbound »

yeah don't worry about spoilering any of that.
NecronLord wrote:
Also, shorten your signature a couple of lines please.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

It might be better to make a spoiler thread for Force Unleashed as we're only little over a week from release (depening on your location) and there's people who might want to stay relatively spoiler free, I personally won't able to see it until the 19th and I'd like to avoid major story spoilers if I can until then while still being able to discuss the film to degree.

so keep this thread as spoiler free and speculation thread.
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Prometheus Unbound
Jedi Master

Post by Prometheus Unbound »

Agreed but you know there is no way once it hits this thread will be safe. If you don't want any spoilers, I suggest ppl stay off this site once it air until you've seen it - it'll be in the Vs, it'll be in the Scifi, it'll be in this subforum... oh god 9gag and facebook /o\

im gonna have to go with no internet haha
NecronLord wrote:
Also, shorten your signature a couple of lines please.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Any non-spoiler stuff will be pretty much banished, what are we going to talk about? Box office returns?
Whoever sees it first will open a spoiler thread and that's about it.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

I doubt I'll be able to see it until the 26th., so I'll have to carefully avoid whatever spoilers I haven't already been exposed to for upwards of a week.
Adam Reynolds
Jedi Council Member

Post by Adam Reynolds »

Why don't we just let this thread die once the new movie comes out with the discussion migrating to the new thread? It would let people who haven't been up on these discussions contribute more easily.

As for that song list, it seems to fit the plot structure of ANH almost exactly. We'll see whether that is good or bad.
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

I'm going 100% dark on the internet for 48 hours when it comes out until the 19th. It had better be worth it. YOU HEAR ME ABRAMS?!
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
DarthPooky
Padawan Learner

Post by DarthPooky »

For any one that is worried that JJ Abrams might decanonize the prequels hears what he Sayed.

http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2015/ ... s-and.html
Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Yan »

So does anyone think Kylo Ren is Jacen Solo? It would be a perverse irony, and it would explain what drove Han and Leia apart. Their son is now a warrior for the enemy
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Well, they may not use the name Jacen Solo (they decanonized the old EU and the name wouldn't mean much to the average viewer), but he might well be Han and Leia's son.
Anacronian
Padawan Learner

Post by Anacronian »

Darth Yan wrote:So does anyone think Kylo Ren is Jacen Solo? It would be a perverse irony, and it would explain what drove Han and Leia apart. Their son is now a warrior for the enemy
It's possible, I also think that Rey is Han and Leia's daughter (keeping in with the twins theme) - I think both kids were lost during the battle of Jakku (which the Empire won) and Kylo Ren was found by the Empire and brought up among them while Rey was left to find her own way.

That would also explain Han Solos presence on Jakku - he keeps going back after all these years to look for them even though the now First Order has control of the planet he's not completely giving up hope yet.(hey it's Han Solo, That old smuggler can find ways to get on a planet owned by the First Order unnoticed :))
Homo sapiens! What an inventive, invincible species! It's only been a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenseless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable... indomitable. ~ Dr.Who
Adam Reynolds
Jedi Council Member

Post by Adam Reynolds »

Except they obviously aren't twins. Adam Driver is eight years older than Daisy Ridley. Though they might still be siblings. That wouldn't surprise me.

And the Empire clearly lost the Battle of Jakku. Why would you think the Empire won when we saw multiple wrecked Star Destroyers and Rey living inside a wrecked AT-AT? We certainly didn't see wrecked Rebel units.
Anacronian
Padawan Learner

Post by Anacronian »

Well I don't "Know" the empire won, I just think the empire won because it kind of makes sense to me - JJ said that Jakku was a turning point in the war and since Endor the initiative seemed to be on the rebels side I though it would make sense the empire won since it would stop the rebels advances (also in Battlefront Jakku we see planet of Rebel wreaks and while it might be a shitty game it has been said to be pretty accurate visually).
Adam Reynolds
Jedi Council Member

Post by Adam Reynolds »

The novel Lost Stars apparently gives a direct portrayal and portrays the NR as victorious. How can Battlefront be accurate visually when it allows either side victories over battles like Hoth or Endor?

He meant turning point in that it was when the Empire truly fell apart militarily. It showed that the NR could win in a straight up fight rather than a surprise attack. Similarly to how Guadalcanal and Midway were both refereed to as turning points in the Pacific War.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Actually the Empire had initiative at Endor was after all as Acbar put a trap.

Besides all the material I've read about the Battle of Jakku suggests it was a massive failure to the Empire and after that it more or less ceased to exist which is why it's "First Order" and not "Galactic Empire" that's the bad guys.

also while I've not played battlefront from the vids I've the imperial wrecks seem more numerous/prominent then the rebel ones (with the corvette wreck at more or less at the middle of the map)
Mange
Sith Marauder

Post by Mange »

Lord Revan is absolutely correct: The Battle of Jakku was a New Republic victory. After the battle, the Empire lost the initiative.

Since the spoiler tag doesn't work, be warned for some spoilers from released content:

I haven't read all the books/comics, but according to some Wookieepedia articles, following the battle, the Empire and the New Republic signed a treaty which stipulated that the Imperial forces would remain in the Inner Rim and the Core, with the NR leadership believing the war was close to an end. Unfortunately, I don't think it's been established what takes place between that and TFA, if the Empire is still in control of parts of the galaxy, so the political situation as TFA starts is unknown.
DarthPooky
Padawan Learner

Post by DarthPooky »

Lots of new stuff hear. :D