Anyone Tried Machete Order

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Anyone Tried Machete Order

Post by The Romulan Republic »

"soulless cash grab" is an accusation that is invariably thrown at any sequel/reboot/etc. for no other reason than that it was made, and that a major corporation was involved in its production. Hence, I don't tend to take it terribly seriously.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion, but personally I thought Rogue One, while flawed, was a fine film. But you are correct that it doesn't have much bearing on the Skywalker storyline.

However, I do think having seen Rogue One first would affect your experience and perceptions of A New Hope, hence my inclusion of it.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
SolarpunkFan
Jedi Knight

Re: Anyone Tried Machete Order

Post by SolarpunkFan »

The Romulan Republic wrote: 2017-08-29 01:47pm "soulless cash grab" is an accusation that is invariably thrown at any sequel/reboot/etc. for no other reason than that it was made, and that a major corporation was involved in its production. Hence, I don't tend to take it terribly seriously.
Yeah, I got carried away there. >.<

I'm still not a big fan of it or TFA for that matter. I just don't know why. :?

On-topic: I haven't tried Machete Order though it seems like a good way to watch the mainline series. Not better than the usual order, but I'm not going to call it invalid due to unorthodoxy either. :wink:
Seeing current events as they are is wrecking me emotionally. So I say 'farewell' to this forum. For anyone who wonders.