Robot Chicken Star Wars Ep 2

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Robot Chicken Star Wars Ep 2

Post by Vympel »

Link

Fucking classic.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Samuel
Sith Marauder

Re: Robot Chicken Star Wars Ep 2

Post by Samuel »

Anywhere we can get it all in one clip?
Jedi Master

Post by avatarxprime »

Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

Well, it's got a few duds - Palpatine and Alfonso? Ugh - but when it's good, it's awesome. Dr Ball is hilarious.

Also, mouse droid? I knew it.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Best part-

Mon Mothma: I'll have the calamari.

Ackbar: Oh, well, then I guess I'll have the insensitive bitch with a side-order of FUCK YOU!
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Jack Bauer
Jedi Knight

Post by Jack Bauer »

Much better than the first.
Sig by JME2
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Hands up if you did not think of KT when Fett said "then eighty Jedi showed up, but I got sixty of them."
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
McC
Rabid Monkey

Post by McC »

The end was classic. Spoiler
The Imperial Fleet should have been able to wipe the floor with the remaining Rebel ships. That they didn't always bugged the shit out of me.
:lol:
-Ryan McClure-
Scaper - Browncoat - Warsie (semi-movie purist) - Colonial - TNG/DS9-era Trekker - Hero || BOTM - Maniac || Antireligious naturalist
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

I loved the revisit of Ponda Baba in this one.

And yes, as before, I'd love to see KT's reaction to Boba's portrayal here once again.

"Yeah! Back from the dead, a******!" :lol:
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

I think the first episode was, overall, superior, but this one had its moments, too. Anakin and the younglings was surprisingly morbid, although I suppose not really beyond the pale for Robot Chicken. The last full sketch really got me, too, and the post-credit sequence was great. Probably a bit too esoteric, but it would have been all the better if one of the Imperial officers had had a white mustache. :)
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

NecronLord wrote:Hands up if you did not think of KT when Fett said "then eighty Jedi showed up, but I got sixty of them."
"At least you didn't go out like a punk." :D
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Haminal10
Padawan Learner

Post by Haminal10 »

I knew I was a true nerd when I got the joke about Lando not liking the name of Boba Fett's ship. :lol:
"If brute force is not solving your problems, you are obviously not using enough"
-Common Imperial Guard saying

"Scripture also says 'Render unto Caesar what Caesar demands.' And right now, Caesar demands a building permit,"
-County Commisioner Mike Whitehead to Dr. Dino
DesertFly
has been designed to act as a flotation device

Post by DesertFly »

I admit I was lost on that one. I know Han hated slavers, but why would Lando have such a problem?
Proud member of the no sigs club.
Samuel
Sith Marauder

Post by Samuel »

DesertFly wrote:I admit I was lost on that one. I know Han hated slavers, but why would Lando have such a problem?
According to wiki he did a raid on a slave world, but I'm thinking it is the joke is because he is black :?
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

DesertFly wrote:I admit I was lost on that one. I know Han hated slavers, but why would Lando have such a problem?
Because he is black.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

Seth Green, you are awesome.

And yes, I the Fett sketch was classic beyond anything. 'So like 80 Jedi showed up, but I got 60 of them!' Seriously, that whole sequence was almost like the writers were mocking KT, though I know it was more the 'OMG Uber Fett' cult -of which KT has become the High Priestess I guess...

Not quite as good as the first one, but still exceptionally fun.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

DesertFly wrote:why would Lando have such a problem?
Because he's a good guy, and it's a really tasteless name?
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
McC
Rabid Monkey

Post by McC »

NecronLord wrote:
Er...no. ;) I'm 99% sure that Ender is correct.
Ender wrote:Because he is black.
-Ryan McClure-
Scaper - Browncoat - Warsie (semi-movie purist) - Colonial - TNG/DS9-era Trekker - Hero || BOTM - Maniac || Antireligious naturalist
Themightytom
Sith Devotee

Post by Themightytom »

Seth Green seems like enough of a nerd that he'd be keeping tabs on the star wars EU. Spoiler
Although fett's character has always been a cult classic I figured the episode was running an ongoing series to mock travis, first with the nerds day dreaming about Fett surviving Sarlac and shacking up with leia (In the gold bikini) then they were mocking him with the "real" conversation of what went on in Sarlacc's stomach, where Boba had amental breakdown because hwe went out like a punk (Ilove the tentacle that kept reaching for him while he talked) and then finally when the empire just gave up because the death star and the emperor were gone seemed like a statement that IDENTIFIED with sentiments on this site and maybe a few others, that the empire did in fact have thousands of star ships and could have continued to fight.
On another note
Spoiler
I was a huge fan of the final Palpatine scene, he does such a good job of being a jerk to his followers its hilarious, you almost start to think he designs rediculous costumes for them to humiliate them, and then realizes he spends most of his day with some guy or other wearing a helmet.
"It's like dunking your wang in hot lava, something you'd know about eh?"
and
"Hey Crayola ome over here, yeah, just reach up there with your staff of Ra and..."
And then my all time favorite quote, which demonstrates he's offended by even inanimate objects...
Spoiler
"Fuck you stripey bag!"

"Since when is "the west" a nation?"-Styphon
"ACORN= Cobra obviously." AMT
This topic is... oh Village Idiot. Carry on then.--Havok
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

McC wrote:
NecronLord wrote:
Er...no. ;) I'm 99% sure that Ender is correct.
Ender wrote:Because he is black.
Yes, but it doesn't really need much reason anyway. It's a sinister name that pretty much advertises 'evil guy' I'd expect most people who hear it go 'eh...' :P
Samuel
Sith Marauder

Post by Samuel »

Like Star Destroyer? Or Death Star? The Empire is full of stuff that screams evil.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Except there's nothing inherently evil about Star Destroyers or the Death Star other than possibly the colouring.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
McC
Rabid Monkey

Post by McC »

Batman wrote:Except there's nothing inherently evil about Star Destroyers or the Death Star other than possibly the colouring.
Death Star has some pretty ominous overtones to it. Star Destroyer is just a designation, though, like Star Cruiser. No different than our modern naval "Destroyer."
-Ryan McClure-
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

I must admit I was thinking about their function, not their designation, so yeah, I can see where Death Star has a somewhat evil tint to it.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

A big warship bristling with guns and a space station bristling with guns, one that's designed to blow up planets, called "Star Destroyer" and "Death Star" respectively, don't seem at least a teeny bit sinister to you?

Because I'm kinda sure that's what Lucas was aiming for.