ROTS screenshots

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Hardy
Padawan Learner

Post by Hardy »

Laird wrote:
Hardy wrote:Shots of Padme's verandah (sunset, preferably) and Palpatine yelling about Unlimited Power!™, please.
http://members.shaw.ca/laird3/power.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/laird3/power2.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/laird3/power3.jpg
Thanks. Those will come in handy in the near future.

Is there any reason why you couldn't get verandah caps?
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

Hardy
Padawan Learner

Post by Hardy »

VT-16 wrote:Maybe he doesn´t like verandas. ;)
I can't blame anyone who doesn't like that thing. That's not exactly the type of place I'd want to hold a party on or attempt to mop up. :P

Ta!
Last edited by Hardy on 2005-06-28 06:25pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Dude seriously! And what are you supposed to do if it rains?
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Laird
Friendly Neighbourhood Asshole

Post by Laird »

Holo field screen, light saber stabbie, vent flyby, and vent laser O doom can be found here
"LairdCorp, where total dominion is our number one goal!"-LairdCorp's Motto
Mange
Sith Marauder

Post by Mange »

Have anyone seen if there are any pictures available of the Tantive IV and Grievous' fighter where you can compare the sizes of the two?
Firefox
Jedi Council Member

Post by Firefox »

There is an art of RotS pic that shows a rough CG depiction of T4 and Grievous' fighter, if that's of any help.

By the way, what happened to this thread? It disappeared for a while yesterday.
Mange
Sith Marauder

Post by Mange »

Firefox wrote:There is an art of RotS pic that shows a rough CG depiction of T4 and Grievous' fighter, if that's of any help.

By the way, what happened to this thread? It disappeared for a while yesterday.
Oh yes. Thanks.
Axis Kast
Vympel's Bitch

Post by Axis Kast »

What's the deal with the open-topped walkers? That seems militarily stupid.
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

The AT-RT is just a recon vehicle and infantry support tool. And it has been discussed over and over in several threads already. 'Search' button is your friend. :P
Firefox
Jedi Council Member

Post by Firefox »

I thought he was referring to the "open sardine-can" AT-TE variants. I wonder what point there is to the design as well.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Firefox wrote:I thought he was referring to the "open sardine-can" AT-TE variants. I wonder what point there is to the design as well.
Perhaps its a transport for jet troopers. The open-air compartment would make rapid deployment easier.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Noble Ire wrote:
Firefox wrote:I thought he was referring to the "open sardine-can" AT-TE variants. I wonder what point there is to the design as well.
Perhaps its a transport for jet troopers. The open-air compartment would make rapid deployment easier.
Also it might serve as a tour vehicle :twisted:

"On your left you can see the titanic fight between a couple of Turbo Tanks and Separatist artillery. On your right, our brave clonetroopers are dealing with the mechanized abominations. On top of us, Vulture droids are making a run on our vehicle. Please tighten your seatbelts and keep the hands inside at all times. Have a nice trip on the Clone Wars battlefields."
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Open-top half-tracks were used by mechanized infantry on both sides in WW2; if one were to find out why they used such open-top vehicles back then instead of simply closing the vehicle up like they do on modern APCs, we might have a reason.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Noble Ire wrote:
A visually similar, if not identical, appears in Empire TPB 3, as a cargo walker.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

The troop carrier in ROTS had eight legs (you can barely make out four on each side) and seemed specifically suited for troops (with seats occupying most of the space). The AT-TE in SW: Empire basically had it´s top removed to provide space for seats and cargo. It also had a manipulating claw, for loading off its cargo. (Another walker was seen in Empire #29, in the hands of Jabiim rebels, thus indicating it was used in several systems, not just a one-off design).

http://starwars.wikicities.com/wiki/Ima ... _cargo.jpg
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Hey Laird, VT-16;

Can I request some screenshots of Bail Organa's blockade runner? Good front, back, side pics, as well as the docking bay Obi-Wan uses?

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

Can I request some screenshots of Bail Organa's blockade runner? Good front, back, side pics, as well as the docking bay Obi-Wan uses?
Unfortunately, I´ve "cleared space" on my pc, so you´ll have to get it from someone else. :|
Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

Post by Drooling Iguana »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:Dude seriously! And what are you supposed to do if it rains?
They probably have forcefields around it.
"Stop! No one can survive these deadly rays!"
"These deadly rays will be your death!"
- Thor and Akton, Starcrash

"Before man reaches the moon your mail will be delivered within hours from New York to California, to England, to India or to Australia by guided missiles.... We stand on the threshold of rocket mail."
- Arthur Summerfield, US Postmaster General 1953 - 1961
President Sharky
Jedi Knight

Post by President Sharky »

Can anyone provide me with a few clear shots of the Federation coreship on Utapau? The one Grievous uses as his base.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

President Sharky wrote:Can anyone provide me with a few clear shots of the Federation coreship on Utapau? The one Grievous uses as his base.
It's not a coreship, it's just a structure.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Vympel wrote:
President Sharky wrote:Can anyone provide me with a few clear shots of the Federation coreship on Utapau? The one Grievous uses as his base.
It's not a coreship, it's just a structure.
Its stated as being a core ship in the novelization.
The Rift
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Noble Ire wrote:
Its stated as being a core ship in the novelization.
No it isn't. Not to mention that even if it was stated to be such (and I've read the novelization and can recall no such statement), it plainly isn't one.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

No it isn't. Not to mention that even if it was stated to be such (and I've read the novelization and can recall no such statement), it plainly isn't one.
I shall see if I can find the quote in question, but in any event, why would you say that it plainly isnt? There is canon evidence of smaller TF core ships (AOTC:ICS) and as for the latis-work covering the structure, it is entirely possible it was simply added after landing to reinforce and hold it in place.
The Rift
President Sharky
Jedi Knight

Post by President Sharky »

The databank says that it's a modified Federation coreship. Perhaps not of the Lucrehulk-class, but still obviously a coreship of some sort.