D&D: Shadows of Dambrath: OOC Thread

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

D&D: Shadows of Dambrath: OOC Thread

Post by Rogue 9 »

Okay, this will be the OOC thread for the game. I will start the game thread tomorrow afternoon after I've finalized the plot. Some ground rules:

OOC comments in here. Short comments immediately relevant to your in character post may be included in the post as long as they are clearly set off and marked as OOC in some way.

I don't want to go hunting through character sheets every time I need to make a roll. When there's a roll to be made that I feel I need to make for you (Spot checks and the like, or if I feel your attack rolls have been landing too high too consistently) then post your relevant bonuses at the end of the in-character post where you're making the action requiring the roll.

I'm a lot looser on the reigns than a lot of DMs, but in the end my word still goes. I will allow deliberation of my actions and events in the game and may revise something deemed too unfair, but if I put my foot down I have a reason. Please don't argue after that point.

Alyrium is my co-DM. If I'm not around he can handle ruled adjudications and ongoing combat, but plot developments and advancement are my prerogative. Alyrium, I don't want something out of left field plotwise here.

That should about do it. I hope everyone enjoys the game.

The Characters:

Markus Arnstead (Archaic')

Malkamar (SirNitram)

Alduras Nikain (Alyrium Denryle

Arnak (A Big Flying Fish)

Aoldu Issard Traiqskel (NecronLord)

Khaless (NecronLord, cohort)

Alæthe Zorastryl (LadyTevar)

Jase (frigidmagi)

Harvey Wallbanger (Stormbringer)

Greyson (White Haven)

Drethven Shadowcloak (Imperial Overlord)

Ares Velhathshaan (Captain Tycho)

Lorn Deathstalker (Deathstalker)

Erek (TheDude)

The Map:

Warning: Very large scale.
Last edited by Rogue 9 on 2004-12-03 06:34pm, edited 2 times in total.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Greetings I am Alyrium Denryle and I will be your Co-Dm, please keep all powergaming and munchkinism stored inside your overhead bins for the duration of the game, and if you would please pay attention to the no rules lawyering signs posted throughout the cabin. Violations of these rules will range from the Yellow Bolt of Humiliation to..well that is our little secret

*little angel pops up*
Hi, I am the Common Sense Angel Please dont do anything stupid

Also, I shall aspire to be worthy of my post.
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Okay, we need some organization here. I need to know who is where and in the company of who else. Tevar, I would recommend you being somewhere in the vicinity of the Forest of Amtar in the north of Dambrath, along with whoever cares to join you. The wild elves there would make good candidates for you to have gone to after leaving Halruaa, and as a bonus they have absolutely zero love for the Crinti. Alternatively, some or all of you could be a Halruaan expedition, with Alyrium your contact in-country.

NecronLord, you handed me a plot hook made in Heaven with your cohort choice. I'll talk with you about that when I get the chance.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

My character is on the road, so put me anywhere that works.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Rogue 9 wrote:NecronLord, you handed me a plot hook made in Heaven with your cohort choice. I'll talk with you about that when I get the chance.
That was the idea. :wink:
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Greyson's heard rumors of a planar portal somewhere in Dambrath, specifically in the Gate of Iron Fangs. He's on his way there to take a closer look, a /much/ closer, and, well, he's chaotic-good and going towards Drow territory. It wouldn't take much for him to side-track given the surroundings. He's a sorc, so probably travelling alone.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
A Big Flying Fish
Jedi Knight

Post by A Big Flying Fish »

Looking for a way to kill the Drow in Damrath (Elves underground? Madness I tell you, madness). Expedition member sounds good.
Dwarf Obsessive. There's just something about short barrel-chested people with a penchent for axes and beards.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Rogue 9 wrote:Okay, we need some organization here. I need to know who is where and in the company of who else. Tevar, I would recommend you being somewhere in the vicinity of the Forest of Amtar in the north of Dambrath, along with whoever cares to join you. The wild elves there would make good candidates for you to have gone to after leaving Halruaa, and as a bonus they have absolutely zero love for the Crinti. Alternatively, some or all of you could be a Halruaan expedition, with Alyrium your contact in-country.

NecronLord, you handed me a plot hook made in Heaven with your cohort choice. I'll talk with you about that when I get the chance.
Just stick my character in a seedy bar or just on the road. Either works well enough.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

"Guarding the borders" of the Forest works for me. Also, working with the elves opens up a possible Prestige Archery Class for later ;)
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

What precisely is our objective anyway. Liberate slaves? Kill Drow? Both?
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Killing Drow is always good.

Liberating slaves is a bonus.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Captain tycho
Has Elected to Receive

Post by Captain tycho »

I think I'll just pair up with Tevar, say, we met about a week earlier, and she's my guide to Dambrath?
Captain Tycho!
The worst fucker ever!
The Best reciever ever!
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

I like the expedition idea for at least a couple of you. It makes sense for adventurers out of Halruaa to group together for mutual protection. SO those of you who are actually headed in this direction could easily be in such a group.
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Right, until we figure this all out I can't write the opening scenario.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Given my character's reasons for being in the area, either a random wanderer picked up OR tagging along with an expedition for cover would work. I'm flexible, despite my low dex :)
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Captain tycho
Has Elected to Receive

Post by Captain tycho »

I could perhaps be acting as a Halruaan ambassador/watcher for Dambrath, someone who handles these sort of things.
Captain Tycho!
The worst fucker ever!
The Best reciever ever!
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

White Haven wrote:Given my character's reasons for being in the area, either a random wanderer picked up OR tagging along with an expedition for cover would work. I'm flexible, despite my low dex :)
THat will work

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

As I said... I will be very willing to be a guide for whatever party is in the area first.

And I am also willing to be 'delayed' at a certain area as I get news of another party needing a guide. Extra people means small parties of goblinoids will think twice before attacking. However, covering the party's tracks costs extra.

NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Soon as Rogue'd like to talk to me... :P
Archaic`
Jedi Council Member

Post by Archaic` »

Down on his luck Thief-catcher sounds about right for me. A seedy bar somewhere should be perfect.
Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Archaic` wrote:Down on his luck Thief-catcher sounds about right for me. A seedy bar somewhere should be perfect.
ALright, we will place you in the town itself

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:
Archaic` wrote:Down on his luck Thief-catcher sounds about right for me. A seedy bar somewhere should be perfect.
A town's always a decent place to meet the people you'll be guiding. That way you can make sure they have the equipment they'll actually need out there ;)

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude »

My character (as a native Dambrathan) would definitely already be in town. As mentioned, he has recently murdered a local noble in a botched robbery (although he has yet to be fingered - after all, the only witness has come down with a bad case of fatal chest wounds) and will be most grateful for any distraction to the area's guard.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

LadyTevar wrote:
Alyrium Denryle wrote:
A town's always a decent place to meet the people you'll be guiding. That way you can make sure they have the equipment they'll actually need out there ;)
Well we can put this one in Dambrath itself. Have the rest f the humans be an expidition from Harlruaa

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:
LadyTevar wrote:
Alyrium Denryle wrote: ALright, we will place you in the town itself
Well we can put this one in Dambrath itself. Have the rest f the humans be an expidition from Harlruaa
I would not be in Dambrath just yet.