Ideas for a V:TM Computer RPG

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Evil Sadistic Bastard
Hentai Tentacle Demon

Ideas for a V:TM Computer RPG

Post by Evil Sadistic Bastard »

I was sitting on the bus today when the idea for a Vampire RPG came to mind. I'm talking about a largely free-form, open-ended game here, where you get to create the kind of character you want (as opposed to being just Christof in Redemption - that, while very immersive, became a bit too linear after you completed the game).

I'm talking about being able to be a Tremere, a Setite, or any clan you want (okay, maybe not a Kiasyd or ghoul), and basically to be able to play the way you want.

The hitches now are these:

Story: What is the overall goal? How do you give the player a sense of purpose?

Social environment: Vampires must eventually interact with each other (Camarilla comes to mind). How can this be simulated? Even (or should I say especially) in the Sabbat, the ties in a pack are strong, made only stronger by the Vinculum.

Immersion: How do you make the player care for the character he has created? Certainly you would want to make him feel his choices matter, but how?

Supernatural and mundane interactions: The World of Darkness has many denizens, be they Lupines, magi, or even the kine. How would they interact with the OC? or would they even be present? (I can foresee Lupines becoming the Deathclaws of the WoD)

These are just a few of the problems I foresee in creating a VtM RPG. Hell, I haven't even gotten to the technical problems yet.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Believe in the sign of Hentai.

BotM - Hentai Tentacle Monkey/Warwolves - Evil-minded Medic/JL - Medical Jounin/Mecha Maniacs - Fuchikoma Grope Attack!/AYVB - Bloody Bastards.../GALE Force - Purveyor of Anal Justice/HAB - Combat Medical Orderly

Combat Medical Orderly(Also Nameless Test-tube Washer) : SD.Net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Re: Ideas for a V:TM Computer RPG

Post by Lord Poe »

Evil Sadistic Bastard wrote:These are just a few of the problems I foresee in creating a VtM RPG. Hell, I haven't even gotten to the technical problems yet.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Uh, there already IS a VtM computer RPG. It even has a "storyteller" mode to make your own adventures, and multiplayer support. Check Google.

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator