Sub-Zero in MKII

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Kintaro
Jedi Knight

Sub-Zero in MKII

Post by Kintaro »

Umm, can the CPU controlled Sub-Zero do something otherr than that damn freeze 500 time in a row? I'm playing the arcade rom, and he just does that damn move over and over! And why do the other CPU controlled opponents do moves that we cannot (like walk fucking backwards to throw you, in the middle of a sweep kick)?
aphexmonster
Jedi Council Member

Post by aphexmonster »

Dude, its the computer... it can do anything it fucking wants. ;)
-monster
my sig is totaly lonely now =(
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

aphexmonster wrote:Dude, its the computer... it can do anything it fucking wants. ;)
Its like a mod :twisted:

Seriously though, its probably to make up for thick as pigshit AI routines...giving it moves that you cant do.
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
Darth Phoenix
Padawan Learner

Post by Darth Phoenix »

Most of games AI can do things that the player can not, i think it compensates for human versatility altough it can be very annoying :x .
-...and the entire room goes silent when one of the stormtroopers points to a stain in Darth Vaders cape. -

There is no peace, there is Anger;
There is no fear, there is Power.
There is no death, there is immortality;
There is no weakness, there is the Dark Side.
Coaan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Coaan »

Sub zero's freeze attack was very easy to pull off.....and easily combatted with scorpion's tail attack... :twisted: nothing like some up close and personal 'talking'
Xcom ; Standing proud and getting horrifically murdered by Chryssalids since 1994
aphexmonster
Jedi Council Member

Post by aphexmonster »

Coaan wrote:Sub zero's freeze attack was very easy to pull off.....and easily combatted with scorpion's tail attack... :twisted: nothing like some up close and personal 'talking'
Get over here! :twisted:
-monster
my sig is totaly lonely now =(