YES! Mother...

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Darth Yoshi
Metroid

YES! Mother...

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Mother and Mother 2* coming to GBA!

No word for a US release, but since Mother 2 did fairly well in the US, I wouldn't rule it out just yet.

*Mother 2 = Earthbound
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Hey, alright!
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Hopefully they'll finish Mother 3 someday...*fingers crossed*

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

They'd better finish Mother 3. If Earthbound is any indication, it should be a great game.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Secularism—since AD 80
aphexmonster
Jedi Council Member

Post by aphexmonster »

It looks pretty rad... i just got my GBA back tonight too ^_^
-monster
my sig is totaly lonely now =(
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

HOT DIGGIDY DAMN!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Okay, I've calmed down...
Darth Yoshi wrote:They'd better finish Mother 3. If Earthbound is any indication, it should be a great game.
The article states that the Japanese commercial says that Mother 3 is in developement, but probably for GBA.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

The last time there was a Mother 3, it got canned during development.
Secularism—since AD 80
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

While I did like the way they made Earthbound, I didn't like how the game played, that thats probly what cut me off from the game about 1/4th of the way through it. Hopefully they'll have a better system in 3.

I've been wanting a good turned based RPG on the GBA. Golden Sun is just annoying, and lacks many features that were in FF3(j!) that make them run smoothly(not being able to attack another baddie if the one you were commanded to fight dies). Pokemon Ruby/Saphire(i'm a fan of the game and it stops their) while they fixed alot of really shitty screw ups from gold/silver, they made a whole new slew of fuck ups, and still doesn't compare to the first two. Breath of Fire, I need to play that series, but its a port. Zelda 4 swords, can't really get anything new without friends with the game, and it's mostly just a port. Zone of Enders, that game would suck SO much ass if it weren't for save states, way to much talking. Lunar Legends, I've tried 3 times to get into this game, I just can't. Tactic Orges, yeah, I don't want to spend an hour on each battle. Megaman Battle Network, their cool, but i've gotten stuck and had to start complete over 3 times over the two games by glitches or bugs. Plus I hate several small things about the game.

I guess I'll just have to wait for FF Tactics or MAYBE the new Lufia.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

New Lufia maybe nice.

Lunar is the same thing I've played 3 times already(S-CD, Saturn, PSX)

Golden Sun(ummm...........)

BoF1-2(uhhhhhhhhh)

Oh looky :arrow: Castlevania, it has RPG stuff...uh yeah...it counts.

Still cool, hopefull Mother translations will be cool.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Anarchist Bunny

Ghost Rider wrote:New Lufia maybe nice.

Lunar is the same thing I've played 3 times already(S-CD, Saturn, PSX)

Golden Sun(ummm...........)

BoF1-2(uhhhhhhhhh)

Oh looky :arrow: Castlevania, it has RPG stuff...uh yeah...it counts.

Still cool, hopefull Mother translations will be cool.
I said turn based. So far, none of them come close ot the quality of FF4-6. Either they have a good story, and shitty controls, or vice versa, or niether not super mediocre of both.
Wiilite
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

anarchistbunny wrote: I said turn based. So far, none of them come close ot the quality of FF4-6. Either they have a good story, and shitty controls, or vice versa, or niether not super mediocre of both.
I know...and seriously BoF hasn't reached glory for me until BoF5(which is completely different then any of the other four incarnations)
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Try Phantasy Star Collection. The first game is a port of the 1985 Sega Master System RPG, plus two sequels, which were on the Genesis.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Anarchist Bunny

Dalton wrote:Try Phantasy Star Collection. The first game is a port of the 1985 Sega Master System RPG, plus two sequels, which were on the Genesis.
I've played throught the two sequals, they weren't all that impressive.
Wiilite
Datana
Jedi Master

Post by Datana »

On the BoF ports: I would have expected for Capcom to fix their uttery fucked-up translation of Breath of Fire II in the GBA version; no such dice, though I might applaud them for doing such an accurate port. Even the yes/no bug (where selecting one response would actually mean the other for some parts of the game) is still in there. The first game was translated by Squaresoft, but it was a rush job done in two weeks, so there are typos everywhere; these weren't fixed in the port, either. These are good turn-based RPGs, if you can get past the Engrish, but the muck is awfully thick.

Is anyone familiar with the leaked Earthbound Zero for the NES? Nintendo had fully translated the original Mother, but never got around to releasing it due to low demand; they auctioned off one of the prototype carts some years later, and it ended up getting dumped into a ROM that can probably be found somewhere on the 'Net. I haven't played it (the second having enough weirdness for me for the time being), but it might whet your appetite if you can find it.
Member of the Anti-PETA Anti-Fascist League
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Datana wrote:Is anyone familiar with the leaked Earthbound Zero for the NES? Nintendo had fully translated the original Mother, but never got around to releasing it due to low demand; they auctioned off one of the prototype carts some years later, and it ended up getting dumped into a ROM that can probably be found somewhere on the 'Net. I haven't played it (the second having enough weirdness for me for the time being), but it might whet your appetite if you can find it.
I heard about that. Never actually found a copy. Of course, it probably had somehting to do witht teh fact that I never bothered looking.
Secularism—since AD 80
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Utsanomiko has ROMs of both the NES and SNES versions.

Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

OMFG.

The Mother series is like Charlie Brown beating up new-age hippies and crazed old people. Can't get any better than that! :mrgreen: Mother 2 has gome some great events and action going on. The design they had of Mother 3 on N64 (particularly the modification stuff and passage of time) looked great; I hope they incorporate most of it into the GBA version, though a GC Mother 3 would still rock.

Damn, my GBA library is lacking. So poor...
By His Word...
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Darth Utsanomiko wrote:OMFG.

The Mother series is like Charlie Brown beating up new-age hippies and crazed old people. Can't get any better than that! :mrgreen: Mother 2 has gome some great events and action going on. The design they had of Mother 3 on N64 (particularly the modification stuff and passage of time) looked great; I hope they incorporate most of it into the GBA version, though a GC Mother 3 would still rock.
And the music during the Mother 2 fights...it totally clashed with the fact that you were fighting, possibly for your lives. :D
Damn, my GBA library is lacking. So poor...
Join the club.
Secularism—since AD 80