Cool game idea.

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Cool game idea.

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

I'm nearing completion of Final Fantasy V right now and I was thinking. Is anyone here familiar with runescape? Basicly its a free Mass Multiplayer Online RPG. I was thinking, it would be cool if there was something like that, but in classic Final Fantasy style. You get to pick from the classes with abilities like in Final Fantasy, Ninja, Samurai, Black Mage, White Mage, Blue Mage, Dragoon, etc. You could pick your name, and costimize your sprite, hair color, style, skin color, size, etc. Ofcourse some things would need to be balanced. HP would need to be raised, or atttacks and spells damage lowered for PvP, timers would have to be set for choosing your attack in PvP or grouping. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think that would be a kick ass game.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Joe
Space Cowboy

Re: Cool game idea.

Post by Joe »

anarchistbunny wrote:I'm nearing completion of Final Fantasy V right now and I was thinking. Is anyone here familiar with runescape? Basicly its a free Mass Multiplayer Online RPG. I was thinking, it would be cool if there was something like that, but in classic Final Fantasy style. You get to pick from the classes with abilities like in Final Fantasy, Ninja, Samurai, Black Mage, White Mage, Blue Mage, Dragoon, etc. You could pick your name, and costimize your sprite, hair color, style, skin color, size, etc. Ofcourse some things would need to be balanced. HP would need to be raised, or atttacks and spells damage lowered for PvP, timers would have to be set for choosing your attack in PvP or grouping. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think that would be a kick ass game.
FFXI?

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Re: Cool game idea.

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

Durran Korr wrote:
anarchistbunny wrote:I'm nearing completion of Final Fantasy V right now and I was thinking. Is anyone here familiar with runescape? Basicly its a free Mass Multiplayer Online RPG. I was thinking, it would be cool if there was something like that, but in classic Final Fantasy style. You get to pick from the classes with abilities like in Final Fantasy, Ninja, Samurai, Black Mage, White Mage, Blue Mage, Dragoon, etc. You could pick your name, and costimize your sprite, hair color, style, skin color, size, etc. Ofcourse some things would need to be balanced. HP would need to be raised, or atttacks and spells damage lowered for PvP, timers would have to be set for choosing your attack in PvP or grouping. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think that would be a kick ass game.
FFXI?
But with out the having to pay for it, and like I said, In classic Final Fantasy style.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

The problem with MMORPGs is that you HAVE to pay for them on a monthly basis. It's first and foremost to keep servers running. because, obviously withouth dedicated servers things would just get fucked up. Not to mention paying the bills for the people that have to help fix the problems in the game. Other than that, hmm, it seems bleh to me.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
aphexmonster
Jedi Council Member

Post by aphexmonster »

Yeah, and runescape is horrible >_>
-monster
my sig is totaly lonely now =(