Official STGOD Discussion Thread

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Well what choices do we have anyway?
-Enterprise level
-DS9 level
and?
Supermod
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

SirNitram wrote:It's not like I tried. Besides, you're the mod here.
Mod of gaming, but not neccessarily mod of every STGOD that comes along!
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Cpt_Frank wrote:Well what choices do we have anyway?
-Enterprise level
-DS9 level
and?
Enterprise, DS9, hell, even Babylon 5 Earthforce or Narn if you want.
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

When do we begin? When shall we draw up space into the various factions?
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Post by StarshipTitanic »

Shouldn't we have some sort of map? I'd make it if you don't mind not very complex maps.
"Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me...God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist." -- Academician Prokhor Zakharov

"Hal grabs life by the balls and doesn't let you do that [to] hal."

"I hereby declare myself master of the known world."
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Here's what I think for the territories, at least at DS9 tech level:

Each human faction has a certain amount of the Earth as their own, unless they want to be a colonial group. (Earth would probably be an international zone).

Aliens would be based on other planets, naturally. Territorial claims can be settled by the mods or, ideally, by PMs. I think that the average sized colonial empire should be a dozen or so planets. Most colonies should be much less developed, but not quite to the laughable level of Star Trek colonies (historical Imperialist powers tended to prefer a few well-established and lucrative locations to many far-flung, economically useless, and militarily draining trading posts).

With that, I advance claim the area of pre-WWII Poland east to the Urals, the Northern Balkans, and Georgia, with a loose early claim on Siberia and the Russian Far East--for my "Pan-Slavic Republic." All of these claims are negotiable, and the demands on my interstellar possessions are yet to come.
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Hey, I want in. I'll relinquish any claims to Earth in exchange for a slightly larger colonial empire out near the fringes of human-settled space, with one well-developed capital world and maybe fourteen or fifteen less developed provincial worlds. Call the capital planet Arcadia and the state the Arcadian Empire.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Phong and/or Nitram--it's obvious that some of are chomping at the bit to get started. So, might I suggest that you right up some hard and fast rules and start an Order of Battle thread?
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

In this matter then I claim Monaco, and Japan as my homes.
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

I claim parts of Italy and the city of Constantinople. No other Earth territory, but I also want at least a small moon to myself.
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Locking thread, please go to the other one

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?t=17752