Need help looking for a mouse.

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Need help looking for a mouse.

Post by Enigma »

As some of you may know, last August I was diagnosed with Parkinson's(*), which is affecting the right side of my body (sluggishness of limb response, twitchy hand, etc..). Heck, even before the diagnosis I had trouble with fine motor control with my right arm, preventing me to properly play FPS and RPG games.

Now for the help. I'm looking for a left handed mouse that also has movent controls, (i.e. be able to look around and also be able move.)

I've seen vertical mice on Amazon that fits the bill, except they're right handed.

Can this board help me out? Thanks.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Re: Need help looking for a mouse.

Post by Batman »

I'm left-handed myself And I always made do with boring old 2 button mice but I have no idea what you mean by 'movement control'
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Batman wrote: 2023-03-31 08:03pm I'm left-handed myself And I always made do with boring old 2 button mice but I have no idea what you mean by 'movement control'
WASD, arrow buttons, etc.

Basically, a left handed mouse that let's you look around in a game and be able to move your character.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Isn't that usually something that depends on the GAME settings, not the rodent? I.e. moving the rodent relative up means you move forward, moving the rodent up while holding down the left button means your view tilts upwards, and so on.
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

Batman wrote: 2023-03-31 08:20pm Isn't that usually something that depends on the GAME settings, not the rodent? I.e. moving the rodent relative up means you move forward, moving the rodent up while holding down the left button means your view tilts upwards, and so on.
I think there are some with built-in hat switches or thumbsticks that could map to movement.

-----

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there are many left-handed gaming mice of any description on the market much less with that specific set of features. Could an Xbox controller (or perhaps even a flight stick) work or do you need something with more precision?
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Jub wrote: 2023-03-31 08:30pm
Batman wrote: 2023-03-31 08:20pm Isn't that usually something that depends on the GAME settings, not the rodent? I.e. moving the rodent relative up means you move forward, moving the rodent up while holding down the left button means your view tilts upwards, and so on.
I think there are some with built-in hat switches or thumbsticks that could map to movement.

-----

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there are many left-handed gaming mice of any description on the market much less with that specific set of features. Could an Xbox controller (or perhaps even a flight stick) work or do you need something with more precision?
I'm trying to limit the use of right hand as it is weak and tires quickly. I've seen vertical mice with a thumb controlled joystick, but unfortunately, they're right handed.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

ASSCRAVATS!
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

Enigma wrote: 2023-03-31 10:44pmI'm trying to limit the use of right hand as it is weak and tires quickly. I've seen vertical mice with a thumb controlled joystick, but unfortunately, they're right handed.
It's expensive and custom but there is this:

https://www.benheck.com/xb1s_controllers/
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

So you're looking for a left-handed rodent that can do EVERYTHING you'd otherwise need the rodent-keyboard combo for? Sorry, no idea as I never had that problem and thus never looked for a solution.
Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

Might be that the best you can do is a left handed mmo mouse with a ten-key you can remap to WASD. The Razer Naga has a left handed version:

https://www.razer.com/gaming-mice/razer ... 10100-R3M1
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Have you considered an external numeric keypad? You could put it beside your left-handed oriented mouse.
They're like $30 on amazon (cheapest I've seen is 16)
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Solauren wrote: 2023-04-06 07:25pm Have you considered an external numeric keypad? You could put it beside your left-handed oriented mouse.
They're like $30 on amazon (cheapest I've seen is 16)
I've ended up getting a keyboard with built in trackball center left of the keyboard. It's not perfect but it'll do.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

ASSCRAVATS!