Help me decide which WW2 RTS game to buy

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Which one should I get?

Steel Division 1
No votes
Steel Division 2
No votes
Company of Heroes 3
20%
Just get everything
80%

Total votes: 5

wautd
Emperor's Hand

Help me decide which WW2 RTS game to buy

Post by wautd »

I'm feeling in the mood to pick up a WW2 based RTS game. In the past I've played the hell out of games like Sudden Strike, Men of War and Company of Heroes. While I don't mind having a good campaign against the AI, a good online PVP option must be a must as well.

Steel division looks like it's going to scratch the surface of Sudden Strike/Men of War type gameplay but I don't know a lot about it. I've heard that SD1 has a lower learning curve than SD2, so that might be the better one to get in to. Then again, the game is already a few years old so I'm not sure if there's still an online community or did everyone went playing SD2 instead?

CoH3 looks interesting as well (hell, CoH1&2 are still amazing today) but based on initial feedback the recently released game is that it still lacks some polish and suffers from some bugs. Is it still worth picking up or better to wait for a price drop or when they fixed the issues?