Really random question, but...

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Really random question, but...

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Does anyone know how to delete a review on Fanfiction.net? My stories have been getting increasingly spammed by "Guest" reviews which are basically long-tracts of semi-coherent ramblings, and look like they're probably the product of a spam bot, or possibly someone with a severe mental illness. I've tried reporting them, but when I hit the report icon I get a message telling me I can't report guest reviews, but I can log in as the author and delete them.

I can't, however, see anywhere to do so, nor anywhere on the site where I can ask such a question. And its getting really annoying.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
tezunegari
Jedi Knight

Re: Really random question, but...

Post by tezunegari »

On your account page, go to Reviews -> Remove Review
Select the story
Click the button "View Anonymous Reviews" on the right of the Story select
Under "Action" there should be a "Delete" on the right of the Review information.
"Bring your thousands, I have my axe."
"Bring your cannons, I have my armor."
"Bring your mighty... I am my own champion."
Cue Unit-01 ramming half the Lance of Longinus down Adam's head and a bemused Gendo, "Wrong end, son."
Ikari Gendo, NGE Fanfiction "Standing Tall"
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Thanks!
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Got a link to one of your stories? I'm suddenly very curious.
I promise no spam reviews.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Solauren wrote: 2020-04-24 12:35pm Got a link to one of your stories? I'm suddenly very curious.
I promise no spam reviews.
I've posted most of them in the Fiction forum here, but here are a couple which I consider among my better work:

Harry Potter and the Gargoyle's Curse (Harry Potter/Gargoyles): https://fanfiction.net/s/12769170/1/Har ... le-s-Curse

This is probably my most successful story, both in terms of quality of writing (in my opinion) and response from readers.

The Demon of King's Landing (Batman/Game of Thrones): https://fanfiction.net/s/13560023/1/The ... -s-Landing

This is my most recent, thus far only a one-shot.