Imperial Wiki issue

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Ted C
Sith Marauder

Imperial Wiki issue

Post by Ted C »

Anyone savvy enough about Wiki code to know why the article text in the Imperial Wiki isn't rendering?

http://stardestroyer.net/mrwong/wiki/in ... =Main_Page
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion... Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."
-- The King of Swamp Castle, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Nothing of consequence happened today. " -- Diary of King George III, July 4, 1776

"This is not bad; this is a conspiracy to remove happiness from existence. It seeks to wrap its hedgehog hand around the still beating heart of the personification of good and squeeze until it is stilled."
-- Chuck Sonnenburg on Voyager's "Elogium"
Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Re: Imperial Wiki issue

Post by Irbis »

It doesn't actually serve content of the page. At all. Though, diagnosis should actually start by looking at page log and especially any errors while trying to read/serve content, so without anyone having access to these we can only guess.
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

I'm not really sure. I know from tinkering on various different browsers that it isn't related to the browsers themselves.
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

could be an issue with the servers themselves
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

Looking at the page source of what is rendered gives us this gem:

Code: Select all

<!-- start content -->

<!-- 
NewPP limit report
Preprocessor node count: 3/1000000
Post-expand include size: 5/2097152 bytes
Template argument size: 0/2097152 bytes
Expensive parser function count: 0/100
-->
So it seems to be a server side issue.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Post by Executor32 »

Per the "Errors and Symptoms" section of the MediaWiki manual:
All pages have no content, but when editing a page the wiki text is there

Optionally with those error messages:

Code: Select all

PHP Warning: preg_replace(): Compilation failed: group name must start with a
  non-digit at offset 4 in /var/www/wiki/htdocs/includes/MagicWord.php
This is caused by a change in PCRE 8.34. You need to downgrade PCRE, or update MediaWiki to version 1.22.1 or newer (see task T60640).
So yeah, definitely server-side, but easily fixed by the looks of it.
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow
Executor32
Jedi Council Member

Post by Executor32 »

Addendum: ImperialWiki is running MediaWiki 1.17.0, so the server might have to have MySQL updated as well; MediaWiki started requiring MySQL 5 with 1.19.0.
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Guess Mike just hasn't bothered poking around on the Wiki for a really long time. Dalton might have permissions to fix it, but that's just speculation on my part. If you really want to faff around on the Wiki, ask Dalton to get in touch with Mike about it.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
The Wookiee
Lex Wookos

Post by The Wookiee »

Yeah, the wiki isn't my domain. I'll flag Mike on this.
"I suggest a new strategy, Artoo: Let The Wookiee win."
SDnet BBS Administrator: Service With A Roar (And A Hydrospanner)
Knight of the Order of the Galactic Empire

Do not taunt The Wookiee.
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

Remind him about that guy with the Stardestroyerdotnethastogo facebook page who is gloating that the wiki has been taken down. Bringing it back up should suffice to give that guy the aneuyrisma we all are waiting for.
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

LaCroix wrote:Remind him about that guy with the Stardestroyerdotnethastogo facebook page who is gloating that the wiki has been taken down. Bringing it back up should suffice to give that guy the aneuyrisma we all are waiting for.
We really don't give two shits about that nut.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
blowfish
Youngling

Post by blowfish »

Dalton wrote:
LaCroix wrote:Remind him about that guy with the Stardestroyerdotnethastogo facebook page who is gloating that the wiki has been taken down. Bringing it back up should suffice to give that guy the aneuyrisma we all are waiting for.
Come on, we have until March 2, 2017 2107 to close shop and cease and desist our harassment and bullying :lol:
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Dalton wrote:
But he provides free insanity for us to mock.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

That's not really a good reason to fix it anyway.

The only real reason we need is so we can access and make use of the information. I can't think of anywhere that goes over how terrible a cook Neelix really is.
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
Executor32
Jedi Council Member

Post by Executor32 »

http://scifi.stackexchange.com/question ... r-horrible

Mildly Relevant Anecdote: I started Googling 'neelix is a terrible cook' and by the time I got to the second 'i' it had already suggested 'neelix is a shithead'. gg google
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

Chuck's greatest legacy!
blowfish
Youngling

Post by blowfish »

For me google says Neelix isn't just a shithead, but also the Jar Jar Binks of Star Trek.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

blowfish wrote:For me google says Neelix isn't just a shithead, but also the Jar Jar Binks of Star Trek.
that's in no way a fair comparisson as annoying as Jar-Jar could be there was a certain innocence to his actions kind of like he wasn't trying to be annoying but just didn't know better.

Neelix on the other hand was often willfully and intentionally annoying both to the crew of the Voyager andto us the audience.

There's a major difference between some who due to being clumsy and naive ends often as the centre of attention for the wrong reasons and someone who's ego demands he be the centre of attention always no matter what means are used even though said person should know better.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Also, Jar-Jar is only around for one film, Neelix drones on for damn near seven full seasons, the bastard.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

Well to be fair. Given the kind of decisions and actions the crew made during those seven seasons they deserved every second with him.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
DarthPooky
Padawan Learner

Post by DarthPooky »

So whens the wiki going to be back I like the wiki I fined it handy.
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

Eternal_Freedom wrote:Also, Jar-Jar is only around for one film, Neelix drones on for damn near seven full seasons, the bastard.
Is this...sarcasm? I find it so hard to tell.
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

It would appear the Stardestroyer.Net Has Got To Go FB page has disappeared into smoke. Pity, I was enjoying my highly irregular delivery of crazy on my news feed...
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)