Dr Who/40k crossover RP

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Re: Dr Who/40k crossover RP

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Oh if we're on an Imperial Navy ship then....damn, I really want to play as the Captain and as my Space Marine. Damnit.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

The Romulan Republic wrote:Okay. I'll get back to you with a final concept soon.
Awesome
Eternal_Freedom wrote:Oh if we're on an Imperial Navy ship then....damn, I really want to play as the Captain and as my Space Marine. Damnit.
Ain't I a stinker. :P
"Seriously though, every time I see something like this I think 'Ooo, I'm living in the future'. Unfortunately it increasingly looks like it's going to be a cyberpunkish dystopia, where the poor eat recycled shit and the rich eat the poor." Evilsoup, on the future

StarGazer, an experiment in RPG creation
Sinewmire
Padawan Learner

Post by Sinewmire »

I'd be very interested to see where you go with this. I'm thinking the start of Bad Wolf, where he's all "No, this is all wrong, this is supposed to be the fourth great and bountiful human empire!"
"Our terror has to be indiscriminate, otherwise innocent people will cease to fear"
-Josef Stalin
HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

Sinewmire wrote:I'd be very interested to see where you go with this. I'm thinking the start of Bad Wolf, where he's all "No, this is all wrong, this is supposed to be the fourth great and bountiful human empire!"
Oooh... I was thinking tenth but oooh...
That could be fun...

ETA: Might still run with various very confused Doctors turning up. Just for sheer entertainment factor.
"Seriously though, every time I see something like this I think 'Ooo, I'm living in the future'. Unfortunately it increasingly looks like it's going to be a cyberpunkish dystopia, where the poor eat recycled shit and the rich eat the poor." Evilsoup, on the future

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Here's an idea. Its tentative but I'd like feedback.

A person from one of the interstellar human civilizations in Doctor Who was captured by the Daleks, turned into a puppet, and used to exterminate their fellow humans. Now they've been sent after the Doctor. However, at some point their human personality regained control, so they have the mind of a guilt-ridden, grief-stricken human being. Unfortunately, the Dalek side occasionally resurfaces. Its like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. The Daleks know about this but spare them because they think the human side may win the Doctor's trust before the Dalek side resurfaces and turns on him.

I still have to pick a name, gender, and profession for this character. I may wait until I see what others are doing so I can pick an unused niche to fill.

Edit: this is basically borrowing from Time of the Doctor.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

barnest2 wrote:
Eternal_Freedom wrote:Oh if we're on an Imperial Navy ship then....damn, I really want to play as the Captain and as my Space Marine. Damnit.
Ain't I a stinker. :P
Damn you :D Sod it, I'll go with the Space Marine. It's probably better if you be the Captain, makes it easier to keep us players moving int he right direction.

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

I kind of figured barnest2 would be playing the Doctor.
HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

I'll be playing basically everyone else (and I'll be attempting to write the doctors appearances, yes. I'm not sure how lengthy they'll be yet. It'll be fun seeing them from the other side). I can push the story without being the captain, but if I'm honest, that would make things easier. It gives me a senior position to run things from.

Okay, so:
Purple: something
EF: Space Marine
RR: Dalek drone thing (have a very silly idea of how to get this character in).
Coffee?
Simewire?

Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Do I get to be from my Lost Legion? Or do I have to be a regular Chapter?

I want my Volkite Charger damnit. Honest-to-God-Emperor Martian Death Ray :D

HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

Lemme read it again in the morning. I'd like to say yes, but lets see if I can make it stick...

Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

barnest2 wrote:I'm pondering the way you could end up alongside the PC's, and those options are a struggle. Humanity in 40k abhor the xenos (daleks) and hate AI's (cybermen). If it wasn't for that I'd say go for it, but any 40k human PC's would likely shoot the character as soon as it appeared. A shame really, as the concept seems interesting.

If you have any other concepts, I'd love to hear them. Sorry for the limiters.
One thing to consider is if there is any obvious indication of the person being linked to the mechanicus. From what I know it's common practice for techpriests to be as much metal as they are flesh. So throw on some mechanicus style robes and cover most of your body and the character could easily pass as one.

And with the proper paint job and accessories a Dalek who is not too proud of his looks could pass for a servitor.

Also, I am totally going to cook up a navy officer, commissar or some other character archetype that lets me say things such as "Hanging a few today saves the lot in the long run!" And yet be a well meaning good guy. So I totally volunteer for the role of someone who is not the captain but has some semi control over where the ship flies.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

LAst time I checked the Commisariat and the Adeptus Astartes don't get on too well...especially not Astartes that have been on their own for 10,000 years :D

HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

Senior naval officers: XO, Gun commander (or similar ridiculous title), Master of Crew, etc etc
There are theoretically Naval Commisars, but they don't often appear much. Though they do get shot less.

I'm pretty cool with a semi-commander.

Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

I'm interested. Not sure how often I could post, but I'd be willing to throw a post in once a day during the week. Probably would run with a Space Marine as well, but I'm open to suggestions since we probably already have one.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

Once a day (or even once a week) would more than likely be fine. Be glad to have you :)

HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

Eternal_Freedom, are the lost legion now back amongst everyone else? They sound entertaining.

Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

As of 999.M41 the warp storms entrapping them are dissipating, so they are starting to spread out intot he wider galaxy. But they're being cautious rather going all "rargh new Great Crusade" since a) that worked out real well in the past didn't it and b) their intel on the galaxy is 10,000 years out of date.

They have, however, previously encountered Tyranids, since a small Hive Fleet was drawn to warp-jammer like the rest are to the Astronomicon. That Hive Fleet went boom against the guns of the Hellrazers and the Confederate Navy.

Their caution, however, doesn't mean they don't answer calls for help where they can. Indeed, many recent appearances of the Legion of the Damned may in fact be Hellrazers that chose not to linger.

HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

So how would one (or a squad) end up aboard an IN vessel.

Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Simple. They are disguising themselves as a new founding chapter in order to gather information on the Inquisition.

Or, the Hellrazers came to the aid of the Inquisition vessel but lost their ship in the process, forcing them to join the Inquisition force out of necessity.

Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Alright. Put me down as a Space Marine in the Deathwatch (original chapter to be determined) accompanying the Inquisitorial party.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Oh, yeah, that's another option, we're disguised as Deathwatch.

HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

So we're going to have a deathwatch marine, a pretend deathwatch marine, a dalek drone (shhh), whatever purple plays, simewire maybe, and J Ryan as a tech priest of some sort (Sorry I missed you!). J Ryan, would you be interested in the ships senior Enginseer?

Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Pretend Deathwatch Marine, his squad, and some hefty backup if needed.

Of course, calling in backup from the Legion is a serious matter, since that would require operating openly, and since the Legion have archeotech to make the AdMech weep and still spread the Imperial Truth the Ecclisiarchy will hate them. The Inquisition will probably consider them traitors at best and heretics at worst and the rest of the Adeptus Astartes will be saying "yo, where you been for ten millenia?"

Basically, openly revealing the existence of the Confederacy and the Legion would probably spark a new civil war. Unless of course there was a suitably horrifying external threat. Like the Daleks. Or Sontarans.

Hell, there's another possibility for a story arc. We know that the Sontarans were considering a move into the Milky Way in M3 (the 2000's), maybe by M41 it's become a viable tactic.

HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

Depends on the Inquisitor, but I mostly agree with you :P

I have a couple of plot ideas. It's going to be mostly made up though :P

Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

If shit goes down, the squad will have no choice but to liquidate the Inquisitor. Accidentally of course...