Automatic audio-track splitter

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Joviwan
Jedi Knight

Automatic audio-track splitter

Post by Joviwan »

And in case that wasn't clear enough (I'm sure it wasn't), here is what my issue is: I'm digitizing cassette tapes that are on their last legs, to be burned to CD later, but I'm turning them into MP3's first (since they're audiobooks, I don't give two shits about fidelity). When all is said and done, I have enormous, thirty to forty minute long MP3's, but that's not at all convenient if I want to be able to mouse through different sections of the books without skipping whole swaths of content.

So basically I'm looking around to see if there's a way to automate the process of hacking each file into pieces to generate tracks, because I don't want to go through these things one at a time and manually find places to cut the tracks into bite size segments. Anyone know of anything?
Drooling Iguana: No, John. You are the liberals.
Phantasee: So extortion is cooler and it promotes job creation!
Ford Prefect: Maybe there can be a twist ending where Vlad shows up for the one on one duel, only to discover that Sun Tzu ignored it and burnt all his crops.