The Great SDN Google Pyramid Scheme, Part Two!

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

The Great SDN Google Pyramid Scheme, Part Two!

Post by Rogue 9 »

Hey guys, remember roughly five years ago when Gmail wasn't open to registration and we passed around invites to the beta? Well, I've recently come into a Google Wave account and eight invites along with it. I'm still not sure exactly how to use this thing, but figured that some of you might want in. Anyone up for it?

First impression from their intro video: Damn, they're using a lot of shop talk. :? Might take some figuring out, but if it does what they say it does, it could be handy.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Re: The Great SDN Google Pyramid Scheme, Part Two!

Post by General Zod »

What the fuck is Google Wave? I keep hearing about it but I still don't know what the fuck it does.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

I work as a code monkey sometimes so getting to know Wave works is crucial for me and would be indebted to you if you could pass along an invite.
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

I have google wave invites too if anyone wants any.
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

General Zod wrote:What the fuck is Google Wave? I keep hearing about it but I still don't know what the fuck it does.
I'm still in that position, actually; I finally just said "fuck it" when yet another one of my friends started passing out invites, and I'm currently working on figuring it out. Boiling down the jargon-laden intro video, it seems they've combined the functions of Gmail, Google Talk, Google Calendar, Google Documents, YouTube, and a couple of other things. That impression might be wrong, though; I haven't actually conducted a test yet due to not having anyone else to test with.

Sarevok, I need an e-mail address to send the invite to. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it in public.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Melchior
Jedi Master

Post by Melchior »

I'm interested too, if anyone can spare a invite (melchior2015@gmail.com, if a "real" address is needed I send it via pm).
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Melchior wrote:I'm interested too, if anyone can spare a invite (melchior2015@gmail.com, if a "real" address is needed I send it via pm).
Any address will do as long as you actually check the inbox. :P Sent. The invite won't appear right away; they claim 24-48 hours, but the experience so far has actually been less than twelve.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Melchior
Jedi Master

Post by Melchior »

Rogue 9 wrote:
Melchior wrote:I'm interested too, if anyone can spare a invite (melchior2015@gmail.com, if a "real" address is needed I send it via pm).
Any address will do as long as you actually check the inbox. :P Sent. The invite won't appear right away; they claim 24-48 hours, but the experience so far has actually been less than twelve.
Thanks. When it will be active I'll obviously be available to dispatch more invites.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

And to answer the "what is it" question, if you have an hour to kill, here you go.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Joviwan
Jedi Knight

Post by Joviwan »

Don't put me at the top of the waiting list or anything, but I wouldn't mind getting an invite into this. PM me if you have a spare and I'll shoot you the email address.
Drooling Iguana: No, John. You are the liberals.
Phantasee: So extortion is cooler and it promotes job creation!
Ford Prefect: Maybe there can be a twist ending where Vlad shows up for the one on one duel, only to discover that Sun Tzu ignored it and burnt all his crops.
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

I have three invites left for those interested.
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

I can definitely use this. Would greatly appreciate an invite sent to jedineophyte@gmail.com
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Tolya
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tolya »

Heck, I was a latecomer to Gmail and I think its great. So I can as well start with Wave early on. Do please send me an invite [marcin.kalinowski[at]gmail.com]

Thanks
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Joviwan wrote:Don't put me at the top of the waiting list or anything, but I wouldn't mind getting an invite into this. PM me if you have a spare and I'll shoot you the email address.
That's the beauty of the pyramid scheme; unlike an actual pyramid scheme, we all actually get the benefits (invites) and can keep getting more people in perpetually as long as new recipients share at least some of their invites. So sure, drop me your e-mail address; after Gaius (who I just sent one to) I've got four left.

Edit: Sent one to Tolya. Three left.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Thanks Rogue. Though it sure seems to be taking its time. I hope it'll go through; it wasn't in my spam folder.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Norade
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norade »

Send one to Norade[at]gmail[dot]com.
School requires more work than I remember it taking...
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Brother-Captain Gaius wrote:Thanks Rogue. Though it sure seems to be taking its time. I hope it'll go through; it wasn't in my spam folder.
They don't send them out right away; expect it in a few hours. I can't dispatch the invite directly to you; how it works is the invitation system is actually a "wave," as they call it, and I get to nominate people to be invited. Google will dispatch the invite before too long. It says this in the invitation wave:
Invite others to Google Wave

Google Wave is more fun when you have others to wave with, so please nominate people you would like to add. Keep in mind that this is a preview so it could be a bit rocky at times.

Invitations will not be sent immediately. We have a lot of stamps to lick.

Happy waving!
Last edited by Rogue 9 on 2009-11-30 05:20pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Vyraeth
Padawan Learner

Post by Vyraeth »

I also have eight invites that I'll send to anyone who needs one.
United Sectors
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Vyraeth wrote:I also have eight invites that I'll send to anyone who needs one.
Could you send to Norade? I want to save a couple of mine for friends.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

Sent one to Norade.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Rogue 9 wrote:Could you send to Norade? I want to save a couple of mine for friends.
Can't you do the gmail thing and just apply for one yourself every time you run out of 'invites'?
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

I've got a few invites too if people are still needy.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

I don't know what it's for yet. I've been trying to figure it out. Thus far it seems like a combination of facebook, gmail and version control software.