What in my PC would be on the 3.3V power connectors?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

What in my PC would be on the 3.3V power connectors?

Post by weemadando »

I'm getting some minor (inside 10% voltage fluctuations) whenever I run CPU/GFX/RAM intensive software. I'm not sure what might be using the 3.3V channel that's reporting the issue so am asking for some help so I can try and find the source of the issue.
Arrow
Jedi Council Member

Re: What in my PC would be on the 3.3V power connectors?

Post by Arrow »

weemadando wrote:I'm getting some minor (inside 10% voltage fluctuations) whenever I run CPU/GFX/RAM intensive software. I'm not sure what might be using the 3.3V channel that's reporting the issue so am asking for some help so I can try and find the source of the issue.
The CPU and RAM would more than likely be drawing from the 3.3v, with motherboard converting to the proper voltages for them. PCIe graphics cards should draw from the 12v, IIRC, but AGP will draw from the 3.3v or the 5.0v, depending on the version.

Edit: Wikipedia states that the PCIe 1.1 spec calls for low voltage differential signaling (LVDS!), so its also using the 3.3v. (Link)
Artillery. Its what's for dinner.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

I reckon its my GFX card... Its been more regularly occuring during intense 3d gaming. I think I'll bump the alarm threshold slightly and just ignore it (after unplugging and reseating all cables and cards).