Can anyone recommend a good online photo editing tool?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Themightytom
Sith Devotee

Can anyone recommend a good online photo editing tool?

Post by Themightytom »

Pretty much in the subject, I like to edit photos but don't want to download an enormous program to do it. I have a new computer and can't find my copy of Adobe Photoshop, which was hysterically outdated anyway. Anyone have recommendations? Money is no object Preferably Free

"Since when is "the west" a nation?"-Styphon
"ACORN= Cobra obviously." AMT
This topic is... oh Village Idiot. Carry on then.--Havok
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Re: Can anyone recommend a good online photo editing tool?

Post by General Zod »

There's always Gimp and Picasa for photoshop-style functionality. If you just want to crop and resize stuff, Irfanview is great and even features batch editing.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Themightytom
Sith Devotee

Post by Themightytom »

General Zod wrote:There's always Gimp and Picasa for photoshop-style functionality. If you just want to crop and resize stuff, Irfanview is great and even features batch editing.
Well I like adding Lensflares for comic effect, sepia toning, red eye correction sometimes some cut and paste layering that kind of stuff.

"Since when is "the west" a nation?"-Styphon
"ACORN= Cobra obviously." AMT
This topic is... oh Village Idiot. Carry on then.--Havok
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

Under Windows, I have always been partial to use "paint.net" (that's its name). It's very simple to use, free and has a fair amount of features.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Lt. Dan
Jedi Knight

Post by Lt. Dan »

Although I haven't gone too deep into it, http://aviary.com/. In browser, so no downloads that I know of. I only played around with it for a little bit but I really liked the layers program. It's like photoshop cut into four different parts, if I remember correctly.
d(-_-)b
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

Lt. Dan wrote:Although I haven't gone too deep into it, http://aviary.com/. In browser, so no downloads that I know of. I only played around with it for a little bit but I really liked the layers program. It's like photoshop cut into four different parts, if I remember correctly.
I was about to recommend aviary. I haven't used it to any great extent, but it can do some impressive stuff if you know how.
Image Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know, the piper's calling you to join him
Pu-239
Sith Marauder

Post by Pu-239 »

Mugtug is another one:
http://mugtug.com/

ah.....the path to happiness is revision of dreams and not fulfillment... -SWPIGWANG
Sufficient Googling is indistinguishable from knowledge -somebody
Anything worth the cost of a missile, which can be located on the battlefield, will be shot at with missiles. If the US military is involved, then things, which are not worth the cost if a missile will also be shot at with missiles. -Sea Skimmer

George Bush makes freedom sound like a giant robot that breaks down a lot. -Darth Raptor
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

There's also photoshop.com.