World of Tanks Mark 2

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Re: World of Tanks Mark 2

Post by The Vortex Empire »

I'd say the same about playing arty, though I personally don't tk anyone who doesn't shoot at me first.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Highlord Laan wrote:Thats it. I'm done being nice. If 70% of the server is going to be fucking retarded, I'm just going to start shooting everything. Red tanks, green tanks, it doesn't matter anymore. Stupidity needs to be painful in order to make people stop doing it, so after eight matches in a row where I'm the only one with kills before I lose (if they have no interest in playing as I team, then they're not on mine) I'm just going to start killing every thing that moves.
How do you punish the people who actually screwed you, though?

Although I sometimes wonder, out of morbid curiosity, how many TKs I could score before being put down on some matches...
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

Two, maybe three. First one we can write off as an accident. Two and you're clearly asking for it.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

You could comically TK by one-shotting tanks with exceptionally vulnerable ammo racks. For example, a 120mm+ shell through the back of an IS turret will blow it up half the time, instantly.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Zinegata wrote:Two, maybe three. First one we can write off as an accident. Two and you're clearly asking for it.
I mean, if you actually waited for the team to disperse so that you were only engaging one or two tanks at a time, while those tanks had an enemy to worry about.

I think three would be very plausible if you were timing it deliberately.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

Zinegata wrote:Two, maybe three. First one we can write off as an accident. Two and you're clearly asking for it.
I've seen a 105 armed, HEAT spewing M4 take out a whole team before. I was on the other team watching. I can only assume it was a unicum player that finally snapped. He then moved on to kill six of ours before being taken down. We didn't know if we should be cheering or cursing. I settled on both. It probably helped that the M4 was top tank in a tier 4 match. I like to think, that if there were a global Vent server in WoT, it would have been drowned out in a sea of cursing and incoherent demon screaming.

As for myself, I've played through the PzIIG and got myself a VK20.01(D). It's an interesting beast, as on paper it's inferior to the PzII, but comes out a more balanced machine. It's speed and mobility doesn't outpace it's accuracy so it can fire on the move fairly well, has 10mm more side armor, and 6 degrees more gun depression. It is however, lighter armored in the front, excepting the mantlet, slower in a straight on dash, and not quite as agile. Its a good, solid, no-frills tier 4 medium that does it's job well and makes an excellent support tank with the 5cm L/60.

I'm liking it. A lot. For pure gravy, I like it's lines much more than the PzII.
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

Hawkwings wrote:TKing is a dick move and should never be encouraged or tolerated.
Hear, hear. It's a game; no need to ruin someone else's experience of it because they aren't very skilled.
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

Esquire wrote:
Hawkwings wrote:TKing is a dick move and should never be encouraged or tolerated.
Hear, hear. It's a game; no need to ruin someone else's experience of it because they aren't very skilled.
Oh, I'd never waste a team mate just because he or she isn't keeping pace, everyone has to learn. I have opened up on the deliberately stupid before though. Artillery that fires on enemies that are close to friendlies, light tanks that camp, heavies that refuse to move from their hiding places even when a flank is collapsing, players that get behind a rock and stay there the whole match "defending the cap."

Tanks have treads for a reason. Use them or I make sure the crew doesn't go home.
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

You know what I do when I get matches with retarded teammates?

Leave.

Shocking concept! Go play another match! Seriously people, if you are actively trying to ruin someone else's gaming experience, then you are the problem, not them.
Vendetta wrote:Richard Gatling was a pioneer in US national healthcare. On discovering that most soldiers during the American Civil War were dying of disease rather than gunshots, he turned his mind to, rather than providing better sanitary conditions and medical care for troops, creating a machine to make sure they got shot faster.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

Man, I had a great run today. I platooned with an old friend who happens to have won a trip to Russia to play tanks and we went 17-3 in the 20 games we played. It was amazing.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Nephtys wrote:You could comically TK by one-shotting tanks with exceptionally vulnerable ammo racks. For example, a 120mm+ shell through the back of an IS turret will blow it up half the time, instantly.
Not really. Ammo racks have something like a 15% chance to take damage even if the shell passes through them.
Hawkwings wrote:Shocking concept! Go play another match! Seriously people, if you are actively trying to ruin someone else's gaming experience, then you are the problem, not them.
If you're taking your top tier Russian heavy and hiding in a corner of the map, then you are actively trying to ruin 14 other people's gaming experience, and you deserve to be executed for cowardice. Trouble is you can't explain that to people unless you can speak Polish, Czech, Hungarian, German, at least two Scandinavian languages, French, Italian, Spanish, and German, and have time to type it all out ten times over in different languages until you find the one that registers in their tiny noob brain.

In fact, I think they should change the matchmaking so that there is only one arty per side, and he is designated the political officer and exists solely to motivate such people by explaining their duty to the People. In shells. He is not allowed to shoot the enemy, only cowards.
AniThyng
Sith Devotee

Post by AniThyng »

Haha I just had a match yesterday where I earned top gun derping people in the VK2801. Normally it's too sluggish to get away but this time the RNG gods were on my side and 1/2 of the shots that connected to me hit the tracks and only the tracks :D

Anyway, has anyone tried the AFKPanther?
I do know how to spell
AniThyng is merely the name I gave to what became my favourite Baldur's Gate II mage character :P
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Jub wrote:Man, I had a great run today. I platooned with an old friend who happens to have won a trip to Russia to play tanks and we went 17-3 in the 20 games we played. It was amazing.
Out of curiosity, who's the friend in game? Can't remember who's gotten the most recent set of trips to Russia.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

It's DekklinofDeath, not sure how recent his trip was through.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Victory!
Battle: South Coast Wednesday, May 01, 2013 8:01:24 AM
Vehicle: T32
Experience received: 2,498 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 40,675
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Patrol Duty

This was a very good match. Duked it out with a bunch of tanks just next to the beach (by that big building) and when I was done with that, flanked the remaining ones that were covering behind the cliff on the beach. 3.7k damage done, 1k spotted.

Also made a 12k profit, which was nice.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Can I report a player old style? That means mailing Wargaming.net a replay of an asshole that decided to kill 4 of his mates, including me. I hope this can be more efficient than right click on his name and report. Do you guys have an email address I can mail to? I'm on the EU server.
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

https://support.worldoftanks.eu/Knowled ... t-a-ticket

Use that for reporting rule violations.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Vendetta wrote:https://support.worldoftanks.eu/Knowled ... t-a-ticket

Use that for reporting rule violations.
Reported the asshole and provided a replay! I have no clue how efficient this is, but it makes me feel good. If anybody of you encounter "genyok1982" while playing low tier battles, don't turn your back to him... (Yeah, I know, you probably wont, but again, it makes me feel good saying his nick here.)
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

That won't do anything, I've tried it before. They'll just send back a form letter saying that they let the automated system handle everything and do nothing themselves.
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

my only intended TKs are for those who bring tier 1s into high tier games
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

I've had some strange matches, but eking out a Steel Wall in the Conquerer is up there. I'd like to thank a particularly useless pair of enemies for raining shells on me while I blew up their competent team mates and, eventually, them.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Marko Dash wrote:my only intended TKs are for those who bring tier 1s into high tier games
I rarely see Tier Ones in high tier matches. The only one that comes to mind is that enemy MS-1 I blew up by (quite literally) running him over in my old 3601.
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:
Marko Dash wrote:my only intended TKs are for those who bring tier 1s into high tier games
I rarely see Tier Ones in high tier matches. The only one that comes to mind is that enemy MS-1 I blew up by (quite literally) running him over in my old 3601.
It does happen a little at higher tiers.

Theoretically it provokes the matchmaker to "make up" for the tiny tank by putting more tank weight in the rest of your tanks, but it never seems to make a huge difference.

Oh, and if you TK the tiny tank you're almost as bad as artillery.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I never TK anyone, let alone a Tier 1. The MS I ran over was on the other team.
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

I never TK. Even a tier 1 can do some spotting. I usually kid and say "It's bring-your-kid-to-work-day." I don't like to get negative kills, that's why I'm even reluctant to kill blue players. I only TK if he's blue and an asshole who continues to TK himself. Besides, if might have been an accident, and my team need all the guns they can get.