My Madden 2004 wishlist

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Steve
Emperor's Hand

My Madden 2004 wishlist

Post by Steve »

I have a number of complaints in the AI of Madden 2003 that also exist in previous games that I'd love to see resolved in Madden 2004.

1) No "rout" AI. Seriously, you're beating the AI team by thirty fuckin' points in the fourth quarter, and it's still playing with all of it's starters and acting as if it just needs one more score to win instead of doing what a real team would do: withdraw the starters so they won't get injured in a futile game and give the bench-warmers some practice.

2) Play Challenge. The game isn't properly programmed with the foot rules, so as long as a player gets ONE foot inbounds it counts even though it shouldn't. It also has an improper soundbite with the ref saying "the Player had control of the ball" when THAT ISN'T EVEN THE INTENT OF THE CHALLENGE. Granted, they can't possibly know WHY I challenge something, but either the game could have a tweaked AI that would recognize the likely one, or perhaps an option on what aspect you wish to challenge.

3) Pass AI still sucks. Even with a high PA rating (accuracy), the QB sometimes doesn't throw anywhere near where he's supposed to. The AI for where the ball should go in relation to the receiver keyed needs some tweaking.

4) For God's sake, if you can't program the AI to recognize the specifics of a play, give Madden more general color commentary, because I'm tired of Madden blaming the offensive line for a run that got little gain when the play puts the runner to either side, or the soundbites blabbering about the receiver "not being able to hold on to the ball" when the fuggin' thing is knocked down BY A DEFENSIVE LINEMAN IN THE QB'S FACE!

That, and I want more diverse-figured cheerleaders who wear even less. :P

Seriously, in addition, I'd like to actually get some TRADE OFFERS in Franchise Mode, and some trading in general. I'm in one now, on my seventh, eighth year or so, and NOT ONE CPUTRADE HAS BEEN DONE IN THE NFL SINCE I BEGAN! The only trades were by ME dumping off excess draft picks I had no need of. It'd also be damned cool if you could trade draft picks in future seasons like real teams do, instead of just the picks for one year. And with an expanded amount of trading (currently you can only have three picks/players per side in a trade) so you can pull a Mike Ditka and trade away all of your draft picks for the #1 pick or something.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

I'd like it if they showed some damn respect for the 49ers, especially their offense, and I hope they don't jack up a players ability unaturally. Like Randy Moss in 2002 and Tom Brady in 2003. Utter bullshit.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Just get rid of Madden entirely. As if the games actually need some fat blowhard telling you the same things every two minutes. :P
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

[madden]
Now you see he had to run ten yards to get to the first down but he didn't get there, so they have to try again.

See when you cross that goal line, thats a touchdown, and if you have the highest score at the end of the game you win.

Now look right there see that guy got tackled, he should have tried not getting tackled.

Oh! Brownies!
[/madden]
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

I demand that they make a rugby union game that is even half as good as Madden 2003.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

weemadando wrote:I demand that they make a rugby union game that is even half as good as Madden 2003.
I think given the lack of international demand for Union, that isn't happening soon.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

weemadando wrote:I demand that they make a rugby union game that is even half as good as Madden 2003.
EA has made a Rugby game, entitled, wait for it..... "Rugby". 8) I thought about renting it.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

That game blew...myself I don't know...but a few Rugby Fanatics I know...and played with said it was a watered down Madden.

I say Ando has a point...better Rugby game. I mean given how many damned Fifa's they pump out.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Ghost Rider wrote:That game blew...myself I don't know...but a few Rugby Fanatics I know...and played with said it was a watered down Madden.
I have that game. It was meant to be released in '99 but was delayed until 2001. It had out of date rosters, truly horrible physics and circa '97 graphics. The representation of rugby in it was god-awful.
I say Ando has a point...better Rugby game. I mean given how many damned Fifa's they pump out.
Indeed. Rugby Union 2004. With World Cup, Super 12s etc etc etc. We want it.