America's Army players

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

America's Army players

Post by weemadando »

Who here plays.

List your favourite maps, class and your playing style.

Myself, I like Mountain Ambush, Bridge and Swamp Raid.

I'll play Squad Leader or Automatic Rifleman, or if I am on broadband and feeling nasty, I'll grab myself an M-24.

Playing style - teamwork, all the way. I wish there was a way to record games, because there was a group of us that played on POStatistics Aus Dedicated EVERY night for about 5 hours, and those 5 hours were exclusively Mountain Ambush. Spend that much time playing with the same group and teamwork gets good. Did I mention that teamwork is good?
Exonerate
Sith Marauder

Post by Exonerate »

Played before, hated it. Stupid nuclear hand-grenades... It wasn't long before I used the same tactic, and got nearly a dozen kills a round...

Even CS is more fun for me.

BoTM, MM, HAB, JL
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Exonerate wrote:Played before, hated it. Stupid nuclear hand-grenades... It wasn't long before I used the same tactic, and got nearly a dozen kills a round...

Even CS is more fun for me.
What, you mean hand grenades that have a realistic damage capacity and shrapnel radius?

You want nuclear hand grenades, play the Rainbow 6 series. Those ones are just damn scary, especially in Raven Shield when you can't even fucking HEAR THEM LAND anymore.
Exonerate
Sith Marauder

Post by Exonerate »

I meant the ones that some how went through layers of what was supposed to be cement...

BoTM, MM, HAB, JL
Dargos
Jedi Knight

Post by Dargos »

May favorite maps are Radio Tower, Weapons Cache SE and normal, Pipeline, and finally Mountain Ambush.

My prefered weapons depend on what map. Open areas such as RT and MA I perfer M203 followed by M-16 or Ak. Inclosed spaces I like the RPK or auto-M-16.

I love to work in teams when posible. But I have to be able to trust teammates. I can't tell you how often I get killed while I was being "Covered" by a teammate that wasn't there anymore.

My playing name is "Darhegoes"(Dargos was taken by someone else...pissed me off)
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.
Dargos
Jedi Knight

Post by Dargos »

Exonerate wrote:I meant the ones that some how went through layers of what was supposed to be cement...
Are you talking about from around corners? Yep. that kind of pissed me off as well. Seems to be better since the 1.6 patch. How about the "Tac Nuc" M.I.L.E.S. training nades? Those are friggen outrageouse with the 1000 meter kill radius :lol:
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Bridge, Insurgent Camp, Radio Tower.

I like to play as either sniper class, just a plain rifleman, or fireteam leader.

My style is usually relatively aggressive. Unlike most people, I prefer 5.56mm over M67s, I rarely use my frags. When I snipe, I'm usually on the move and rarely go prone and deploy the bipod.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

I also play Mountain Ambush and Weapons Cache SE now and then. I try to play on HomeLAN servers whenever possible, and I go by "JNeophyte".

*looks around suspiciously* BUMP!!!!!

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Did they update it recently?
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Beowulf wrote:Did they update it recently?
The 1.6 patch was not quite a month ago IIRC. Adds in Radio Tower and bullet penetratation, among other things.

Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

JediNeophyte wrote:
Beowulf wrote:Did they update it recently?
The 1.6 patch was not quite a month ago IIRC. Adds in Radio Tower and bullet penetratation, among other things.
So about when my laptop had to go back into the shop again... explains things...
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan