Cossacks (pic heavy)

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

3rd Impact wrote:It's good, but the AI (At least in European Wars) doesn't want to build large armies, it just sends small groups over, which I find somewhat unsatisfying...
In AoW there is the "peacetime" option. Basically, there for a period of time, if a unit attacks, it is removed from the game. This is done so that you get a chance to build up your army.

Oh, and there are tons of new options: the ability to capture units/buildings can be disabled, you can start with an army, you can start in the 18th Century, etc.

There is also a map editor now.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Companion Cube
Biozeminade!

Post by Companion Cube »

fgalkin wrote:
3rd Impact wrote:It's good, but the AI (At least in European Wars) doesn't want to build large armies, it just sends small groups over, which I find somewhat unsatisfying...
In AoW there is the "peacetime" option. Basically, there for a period of time, if a unit attacks, it is removed from the game. This is done so that you get a chance to build up your army.

Oh, and there are tons of new options: the ability to capture units/buildings can be disabled, you can start with an army, you can start in the 18th Century, etc.

There is also a map editor now.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Thanks for the info Fgalkin, sounds like AoW would be worth looking into...
And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always a clown
Darth Gojira
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Gojira »

Must.......get......pirated..........version.......
How much does it cost?
Hokey masers and giant robots are no match for a good kaiju at your side, kid
Post #666: 5-24-03, 8:26 am (Hey, why not?)
Do you not believe in Thor, the Viking Thunder God? If not, then do you consider your state of disbelief in Thor to be a religion? Are you an AThorist?-Darth Wong on Atheism as a religion
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

Well the newest version of Cossacks is Cossacks Back to war and thers a Mod on the Cd if you search it 20 countries in BTW
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!