Final Fantasy XIV

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Re: Final Fantasy XIV

Post by Lord Revan »

In other news I made myself a new alt characterImage
This is Thena I'm going for an an academic theme for her in a "field researcher" kind of way.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Lord Revan wrote: 2023-06-08 08:49am In other news I made myself a new alt character[img]https://imgur.com/BsyQHBf.jpg[img]
This is Thena I'm going for an an academic theme for her in a "field researcher" kind of way.
I like the look!
My Main is also Au Ri, and has that same hairstyle, but in red. She's got the forward-curved horns tho. :D
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

LadyTevar wrote: 2023-06-08 08:23pm
Lord Revan wrote: 2023-06-08 08:49am In other news I made myself a new alt character[img]https://imgur.com/BsyQHBf.jpg[img]
I like the look!
My Main is also Au Ri, and has that same hairstyle, but in red. She's got the forward-curved horns tho. :D
I tried the forward curved ones but a) I didn't like the face they came with as much b) Thena's namesake and inspiration has pair of back swept horns (though on the top of her head and smaller).
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Lord Revan wrote: 2023-06-09 01:13am
LadyTevar wrote: 2023-06-08 08:23pm
I like the look!
I tried the forward curved ones but a) I didn't like the face they came with as much b) Thena's namesake and inspiration has pair of back swept horns (though on the top of her head and smaller).
I think the males can have the higher set curved back horns, but not the females. Also highly amused how much shorter the Au Ri females are compared to the males.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Yeah Thena is as tall as I could make her and it's still a bit under 160 cm, the character I'm basing her on looks taller compared to a 6 feet male human I compared that character to (Thena's name sake and inspiration is my WoW Dracthyr character)
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

FINALLY out of Heavensward on my Alt (on Oceana : Sophia). Just gotta wait for my FC buddies to catch up, but they keep getting distracted by Shinies. She just discovered Farming. And Blue Mage. And that she can send her Retainer out as a Fisherman.

I can forgive her wanting to see the Hildebrandt story, tho. I'm waiting impatiently for the next ep in 6.5

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Why do they do this to me?

That new ShadowWolf mount looked so wild I had to buy it. :(

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

AUg 27 starts the run-up to the next Update.

Not only will we have THE RISING 10th Anniversary Event, with the yearly message from Yoshi P, we'll have a 10th Anniversary MoogleShop, with DOUBLE the Tomestones for running dungeons (**14** Tomestones for Praetorium!!), while the prices for the Rewards remain the same!

The best part? The Fae Gwiber (Shadowbringer dragon mount) will be one of the rewards, as well as ALL 7 Kamuys (Stormblood wolf mounts), so you can get the whole set at once, without doing the Extremes Trials!

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

NEW UPDATE IN OCTOBER!

BIGGEST NEWS? XBOX OPEN BETA TRIAL!!!

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Meanwhile I have beaten up Eric (Asphodelos 1st Circle) over 100 times now because there's a lot of things in this years Moogtomes I want/need/am to lazy to farm otherwise. That plus the odd alliance raid should see me through.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Mr Bean wrote: 2023-09-16 09:00am Meanwhile I have beaten up Eric (Asphodelos 1st Circle) over 100 times now because there's a lot of things in this years Moogtomes I want/need/am to lazy to farm otherwise. That plus the odd alliance raid should see me through.
My FC just runs PRAE repeatedly. 1. we've got more FC players who were either just at PRAE, or just past it. 2. Prae is a relatively easy run, and you can read, sew, chat, do other things during the cutscenes. 3. It's always one of the highest Point Value runs.

High point value + easy run means it's damn near a no-brainer as the 'best' grind for the FC. It also lets some of the FC level their BLU because we usually have enough for at least one Light Party.
In fact, Friday night we had a member needing to fight King Mog, and we had 5 players online. Just needed 3 PUGs, and it took only 5min in queue to get it running.

But they changed the battle!
The MogSquad are no longer Ads to fight after King Mog appears; they're special attacks King Mog unleashes. You can't target them, they are 'summoned' in pairs or as a whole, do the attack, and vanish. The other tank doesn't have to corral them as the main tank keeps King Mog occupied. The DPS doesn't have to smack down the Ads, they can focus solely on King Mog (I think they did raise his HP). And, because there's only one source of Party Damage, the healers have an easier time keeping folk healed.

The song is still an earworm LOL!

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

And tonight they're doing Maintanance to bring up 6.51.

Can't wait for the Hildy stuff!

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

LadyTevar wrote: 2023-10-30 04:53pm And tonight they're doing Maintanance to bring up 6.51.

I'm still back in 2.0 Hildy stuff because I can't do those initial quests sober, then I stopped drinking entirely so there Hildebrand remains for now. But the reminder made me hop on and tidy up a few things before 6.51 which we don't even have patch notes for yet but this is a .1 patch so no MSQ just dungeons I think.

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Mr Bean wrote: 2023-10-30 09:33pm
LadyTevar wrote: 2023-10-30 04:53pm And tonight they're doing Maintanance to bring up 6.51.

I'm still back in 2.0 Hildy stuff because I can't do those initial quests sober, then I stopped drinking entirely so there Hildebrand remains for now. But the reminder made me hop on and tidy up a few things before 6.51 which we don't even have patch notes for yet but this is a .1 patch so no MSQ just dungeons I think.
Sadly Hildy won't be until January with 6.55, I imagine.

But enjoy Hildy 2.0 when you're ready for it. 8)
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I'm sorry you don't like the Hildy stuff. :(
To me, it's Bugs Bunny level of humor, but I still need to take it in bites.

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Completed Stormblood on a third character. It feels like it was better than I remembered, in a way, and it makes me wonder if SB just finds itself hurt by being sandwiched between HW on one side and ShB on the other?
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Steve wrote: 2023-11-01 12:47am Completed Stormblood on a third character. It feels like it was better than I remembered, in a way, and it makes me wonder if SB just finds itself hurt by being sandwiched between HW on one side and ShB on the other?
That's very possible.
There's also the fact that in Stormbringer you're split between Ala Mhigo and Doma, and there's a lot of pressure on both sides. It also, in a way, feels like you're being pushed. Yes, you're in Doma for a reason, but you need to get back to Ala Mhigo and save them too. "Why the hell am I getting kidnapped by Magnai and his warriors when I'm trying to get shit done?!" is one annoyance I had.

But... it is a good storyline, both sides of it. It's very satisfying to beat Zenos, and see him for the coward he is, taking his own life rather than live further. They should have LEFT him that way. :evil: :finger: :kill:

But that's my opinion as an American, and I understand the Japanese still don't get why we are salty over it. I mean, Elidibus' lil stunt was fine, but they should have left it with Elidibus.

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

LadyTevar wrote: 2023-10-31 07:28am

I'm sorry you don't like the Hildy stuff. :(
To me, it's Bugs Bunny level of humor, but I still need to take it in bites.
Maybe the later stuff is better but the early AAR stuff just felt like I'm being dragged along on a wacky adventure complete with Hijinks by idiots and now an almost naked man is suplexing his son, and now here's Greg.

It's a quest line I need to be in a mood for and it's been eight months since I did the last mission.

On a more positive note Fall Guys except with FFXIV server side only net code means you to can be a Fall guy.

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Mr Bean wrote: 2023-11-03 07:43pm
On a more positive note Fall Guys except with FFXIV server side only net code means you to can be a Fall guy.
That sentence made no sense to me.

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

LadyTevar wrote: 2023-11-04 10:48am
Sorry referencing this Reddit post as the server side net code and the fact your model is only really 1 pixel wide means you can fall through the map with surprising ease.

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Mr Bean wrote: 2023-11-04 11:09am
LadyTevar wrote: 2023-11-04 10:48am
Sorry referencing this Reddit post as the server side net code and the fact your model is only really 1 pixel wide means you can fall through the map with surprising ease.
Ahhh.
I've not played it, mostly because I suck at platformers. I'm assuming "feature not bug"?

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

CLOUD SERVER BETA TESTING NOVEMBER 20th

Cloud Data Server Stress Test Info
Test Details
All character data on the cloud servers will be deleted when the test has concluded.
Characters on the cloud data center cannot use the Data Center Travel system.
The server backup function will be unavailable.
All characters created on the test servers (excluding those belonging to free trial accounts) will receive the following:
  • Tales of Adventure: Shadowbringers
    This item will allow you to begin from the Endwalker main scenario quest “The Next Ship to Sail.”
    Copies of Tales of Adventure III for each job
    These items will instantly level a job to 80, automatically provide a full set of equipment, and complete all applicable job quests.
    A full set of level 80 accessories for each role
    99 Magicked Prisms (Meteor Survivor)
    99 Bombard Blooms
    50 million gil
To ensure that players connect to their preferred data center, players logging out from the cloud data center must reselect a data center upon their next login.
Web services, such as the Lodestone, Companion App, optional services, and optional items, will be unavailable.{/quote]

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

huh. When did they start doing this?

Email this morning:
Thank you for using the FINAL FANTASY XIV Mog Station.
This e-mail has been sent to inform you that we have awarded free play time to the account below, as a result of your newly created character having reached level 30.

Service Account: FINAL FANTASY XIV
Number of Days Added: 15
Date the Play Time was Added: 11/18/2023

We hope you continue to enjoy FINAL FANTASY XIV!

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

LadyTevar wrote: 2023-11-19 09:45am huh. When did they start doing this?

Email this morning:
Thank you for using the FINAL FANTASY XIV Mog Station.
This e-mail has been sent to inform you that we have awarded free play time to the account below, as a result of your newly created character having reached level 30.

Service Account: FINAL FANTASY XIV
Number of Days Added: 15
Date the Play Time was Added: 11/18/2023

We hope you continue to enjoy FINAL FANTASY XIV!
Must be fair recent as I don't recall getting such e-mail for Thena and she isn't that old.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Jhelian, my alt, is over a year old, and I don't remember getting that email for her.