STO character thread

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Bounty
Emperor's Hand

STO character thread

Post by Bounty »

I figure this might be easier than cluttering up the STO thread itself. Post your full STO name (character@handle) and maybe we can see about starting a fleet or something.

moliak nieptiss@herkimer
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Re: STO character thread

Post by GuppyShark »

Character seems redundant, and all you need to find someone is their global handle. Characters are getting wiped after the end of the Open Beta.
charlemagne
Jedi Knight

Post by charlemagne »

Yeah.

@autistic_cucoo
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

Ah, I thought it needed the character name because that's the format in the "add friends" box. My bad.

It's too bad the characters are getting wiped... I'm growing quite fond of my awkward fugly alien freak. Even if he's useless at everything and might as well walk around with a giant "purge me with fire" sign.
charlemagne
Jedi Knight

Post by charlemagne »

Well, you're a science guy, as I understand it they're not good at front-line fighting - you're a team player, the healer/buff class. So far I haven't seen ground battles that couldn't be managed by just charging in and shooting everything, it shall be interesting to fight "traditional" MMORPG style with one guy tanking, one guy healing, a supporter etc.

edit: Actually, scrap that. When doing solo stuff, your team actually does all that - healing you, supporting by putting up shields etc.
PREDATOR490
Jedi Council Member

Post by PREDATOR490 »

If you want to really see some sick ground fighting. Go to the Pi Canis sector block then go to laintra (dont know the exact name), you will see a fleet action called Breaking the Ice.
Basically, its a ground map for players. No ai team members just pure players vs. the ai.

The map is a nightmare due to the insane respawn times of the Klingons. It requires something like 5 - 10 guys moving rapidly through them to really do it and I find it really fun.

As for my character - @ J-Sheridan

Personnally, I am trying to find a ground map that allows a full Bridge officer team along with other players. The only one I found was a resource battle in Klingon space. Unfortunatly the map is bugged and the Borg there are extremely weak.
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Plus the objectives don't actually exist.

@whitehaven here
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

@greymav is me; hope to see you all on after the beta ends!
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

I'm @Seffs in game. Mostly I'm on CO, at the moment tough (and I'm in an STO SG already with my main.)
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
eyexist
Padawan Learner

Post by eyexist »

@eyexist

So far I'm liking Engineering the most; but I've always preferred the support roles in MMOs.
Member of the PRFYNAFBTFC - Black Ops Division. Captain of the MFS Linda Lovelace
Rainbows make me cry.