Your gaming names

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Re: Your gaming names

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

I use a few slight variants of my user name. The only real deviation was in Halo 1/2 when my LAN account would be "Caliban 305".
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Themightytom
Sith Devotee

Post by Themightytom »

Joviwan wrote:Joviwan or Vorpal_Fragbait when I'm online, typically speaking.

In single-player RPG's where I can name my character, I almost invariably name them Democracy.

As far as MMO's go, I'm one of those RP people, so it tends to change a lot.

I got killed by deomcracy on halo3 once! it said "Democracy has killed you."

It was funny.

Then i got killed by "Thecuminurass" Which was not as funny :wtf:

"Since when is "the west" a nation?"-Styphon
"ACORN= Cobra obviously." AMT
This topic is... oh Village Idiot. Carry on then.--Havok
Lt. Dan
Jedi Knight

Post by Lt. Dan »

Back in the day, I was Vortep(my last name backwards) but now it's Lt. Dan or on live, because some son of a bitch already took that when I first made my live acount, it's Pre Nam Lt Dan. You would never guess how many Forest Gump quotes I get. :D
d(-_-)b
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

White Haven wrote:White Haven
Andrew Riviera *waves at Nepthys!*
Boneweaver
Dureck
Hezra
Lightwarden
Havenite

And assorted other names from time to time, but those are the ones that either recur or that I've just played that damned much.
*isn't Nepthys, but pounces Cap'n Andy either way*

Stiletto *smirks at WhiteHaven and Nepthys*
Sulnim
Teamhair/Tevar/Tev
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

*aaacks and flails!*

...bloody cosmonaut suits and their bloody lead pipes...
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Derroth <don't ask, it's the name of a half-Ork who read about Alexander, and some Machevelli>
Jack Bell <EVE only, I went for a name that sounded "Roguish" and normal>
Havokfawkes <a certain destruction 'lock in WoW who looks just like Guy Fawkes, and throws around explosives and circles of fire like others hand out bonmots.>
Soulkiss <AOC, assassin, stygian, call me misses ninja>
Scrapheap Knight <City of Heroes, the ever lovable Tank, whose a scientient pile of junkyard trash. Comming soon to the Paragon city Recycling program spokes hero.>

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
chitoryu12
Jedi Council Member

Post by chitoryu12 »

I usually stay as chitoryu12 or chitoryu15 for recognizability and ease of remembering my name, should I return to play an online game after a long hiatus. The only difference is Cody C, which I came up with on Counter-Strike Source when someone without martial arts knowledge thought that my name was an attempt to put the word "shit" in my name, and I changed it only when the server admin threatened to permaban me.
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

for reference, I got Tallyhawk from here I hit lvl 20 in EQ one day and couldn't decide on a surname, so I said, "The next thing I see on TV, I will use that as a surname" Sure as shit, Silverhawks came on (Boomerang?) and bam, Snargib Tallyhawk.
ZGundam
Padawan Learner

Post by ZGundam »

I use ZGundam, ZGundam64, Astemos, Astemos Obarskyr, Christoff, and Christoff Obarskyr.
Master of Cards
Jedi Master

Post by Master of Cards »

Bringiton919 for my XBL (Inside joke and random numbers)
Jenocide,Rennade,CaptainCard,EmoNemo,FalseProphet and a billion others for online.
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

It's been a long time since I've done any online gaming, but ever since the days of Red Baron 3D's MMP (such as it was), I've been "FSTargetDrone." "FS" refers to my old Red Baron online squad, the Flying Squirrel Air Force.

I used the same for Battlefield, Halo and such.

If I'm playing a fantasy-type game like WOW (which I haven't in about 2 years, but I'll get back to it eventually), I am "Donodom." I used that back in EverQuest and it comes from a slight variation of a randomly-generated name. I've used other monikers, but the above 2 are what I use most of all, not counting names of alt characters and the like for WOW.
RazorOutlaw
Padawan Learner

Post by RazorOutlaw »

I've used Razor and RazorOutlaw for years, but on WoW I decided to go with the random name Dory.

Occasionally with Battlefield 1942, CounterStrike, or some other online shooter I've gone with the generic Player1 or ThatGuy. With CS, playing the zombie mod, I simply chose ILoveShotguns and then selected everything but shotguns while I played.

Also CounterStrike is the only game where I've heard 12 year olds complain about how they are mistreated and how people just don't understand them. Ah, the start of the glorious, hormone fueled, sensitive teenage years.
Sig.
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

It depends on the game, to me: I've still got a few games and forums and such where I use the Qwerty 42 name, but by and large I've transitioned over to "Farchanter" as a fairly uniform web handle. If it's a game where a more "realistic" name would be appropriate (DnD, Urban Dead) I use either Galahad or Gary, context dependent.
Image Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know, the piper's calling you to join him
chitoryu12
Jedi Council Member

Post by chitoryu12 »

Also, I happen to go by a few different names when gaming at Hard Knocks (the local LAN center/infrared laser gun combat arena), so there's a few dozen names to pick from there. Anyone in Central Florida who goes to Hard Knocks can find me under the handle CrimsonMerc during combat.