STGOD: DAS: Main Game Thread.

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Conference Room Proudfoot
Prometheus
Golden Sky Combine Space

Tun waved a hand dismissively as the Archon spoke of the non-aggression pact, "I understand your stance, you needn't worry. In truth, I didn't expect to sign a full defensive pact this day, but I felt it prudent to mention the possibility so that your nation may know it exists," the High Diplomat paused, shifting his mid-tentacles to resettle them in a more comfortable position, "your own proposals on research exchanges sound intriguing; I have no reason to object to such an idea. Of course, other technology exchanges and research partnerships can be developed with time."
rhoenix
Jedi Council Member

Post by rhoenix »

Prometheus
Golden Sky Combine Space

Though he looked as if he were about to speak, Archon Mentruo stopped, and turned to face the door, a smile growing on his face. Walking through the doorway was a Gliesan holding two identical objects under either arm, both of which were a curious-looking combination of stool and chair. They had the same padding and covering as the chairs in the conference room, that of a dark greyish well-woven plant fiber that was soft, and very comfortable. The Gliesan herself appeared similar to others the Khurl delegation had seen, though she lacked the subtle golden lines across varying points of her skin, which was also more pale. She sat the stools down at the Khurl Captain's place, as well as the spot chosen by High Diplomat Tun. She quietly, though politely excused herself to the two Khurls, replacing the chairs that had been at the table with the two new ones.

This was received with restrained delight by the Archon. "By our Founder, that was fast. You have my deepest thanks, Ayodha."

She appeared slightly uncomfortable with the attention, though bowed in the typical Gliesan fashion, quietly said "Thank you" and left swiftly. The Archon chuckled as he faced High Diplomat Tun again. "My apologies for the interruption - as soon as you had shown the difficulty with your people and chairs designed for human-esque forms, I sent a request to have new ones tested and made with your people in mind. Ayodha and her team have outdone themselves, yet again - I do hope you find the chairs comfortable."

Nodding with a smile, Archon Mentruo looked pleased. "I am also glad, High Diplomat Tun, that we agree on these counts. Now, would you like to discuss other matters of import, or do you wish for something else? We have comfortable quarters for your delegation prepared, as well as a dinner arranged in honor of your coming in the name of peace tonight. If you wish for an extended tour of our space, that can be arranged as well."
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Prometheus
Golden Sky Combine Space

The honor guards eyed the new seats for the captain and high diplomat with some surprise, though each Khurl's expression remained (perhaps understandably) unreadable at this remarkably speedy example of production. High Diplomat Tun spoke with some obvious respect, "Your nation's ability to produce new goods at such remarkable speeds is quite impressive, Archon. Thank you, these chairs will more than do," the captain bowed his torso in an emulation of a nod of agreement and thanks, one of the few comments he had made thus far.

"For now, Archon, I have no further proposals to present, though I imagine some further offers may be relayed to me by my superiors or occur to myself or one of my colleagues during our stay. Unless you have any proposals of your own, Archon, I would be glad to accept an extended tour of your space. As for dining, I could arrange the cooking staff on-board my own vessel to prepare some Republic dishes, if you would like. One of the advantages to being a high diplomat is having an especially well-stocked food supply on-board one's vessel," the Khurl paused, "our meat dishes are typically prepared undercooked by humanoid standards, so if you prefer meat cooked a certain way and are interested, I can see to it that the dishes are prepared to suit your tastes."
rhoenix
Jedi Council Member

Post by rhoenix »

Prometheus
Golden Sky Combine Space

The Archon waved off the complements about the chairs. "Her people joined our Combine fairly recently, a bit more than a century after her people accidently gained sentience, and left us following a misunderstanding of intent. Her people recently requested to rejoin us as individuals with full rights, which we gladly accepted - the rift between our two peoples has been healed with only a small scar. We are grateful for them to do so, for more reasons than their talents. It is for this reason that we consider them our sister race - the Exites - in the Combine, not our children."

At this, he smiled. "But, I digress. Our cooking staff would be delighted to speak with your cooks, if you're willing - with our cooks and yours working together, I'm sure the dinner feast will be epic, indeed. They were planning on beginning shortly however, so I'll send a few lifts to your ship to transport your cooks and supplies, if you like."

He looked thoughtful for a moment. "As for the tour, let's be somewhat untraditional. Where would you like to visit? A comfortable diplomatic vessel is landing now approximately half a kilometer from this conference room, and will take us to see what interests you about our space."
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Prometheus
Golden Sky Combine Space

"I will see to it that some of my cooks will disembark, then," Tun said, an aide already relaying the message through a small wrist-mounted comms-piece to the high diplomat's vessel, "it will be interesting to see what our nations have in common so far as food and dining go."

"As for visiting anywhere in particular? It would be interesting to get a look at Jotunheim, if I may be so bold. Our nation has something of a strong interest in ground armies, and it's always interesting to observe how other states go about drilling and training their armed forces. Besides that, however, I have no outstanding wishes: your space is quite new to myself, so anything you think is of note is bound to be interesting. Perhaps the incomplete factory-world you spoke of earlier?"
InnocentBystander
The Russian Circus

Post by InnocentBystander »

[ooc: Sorry for the delay. Combat is resolved. A handful of league ships make it out several minutes ahead of the Polish/American/Logosian fleets.]

Polish Territory – Deep Space
Interception +12 minutes
As Portuguese suppressive fire grew in intensity it became harder and harder to discern the interdiction ships, now obscured by the whole of the Portuguese Imperial Fleet. Savage thoughts reached out into the void wildly unable to find their targets through the fog of the Portuguese screens.

Portuguese Flag Ship
“Admiral, our opening barrage appears to have crippled one of their smaller ships and damaged another. We should be able to keep them at this distance until Polish support arrives without issue.” The Admiral nodded, the engagement was going exactly as planned, corral the lunatics with heavy fire until the cavalry shows up.
“Maintain distance, have Cruiser Group Center hold missiles, all ships should prepare for another focused barrage in three minutes.” He had hardly finished his thought when klaxons rang.
“Admiral, the League ships, they’re charging, straight for us!”
“What? Thats suicide! Tighten formation; we can’t let them get our interdictors. Order the line, to fire for effect, focus on their lead ships.” The ship shuddered as the guns began firing heavy seeker rounds at full velocity.

The Murderous Rage, lead by the heavy battleship From the Ashes, charged straight into the guns of the Portuguese, their focus placed solely on the interdictors preventing their escape. Cornered and outgunned the fleet’s focus had turned to blind rage, bolts of raw emotion leapt from the Rage catching the prow of the strike cruiser Coragem. Ill equipped to handle such a powerful blow her shields gave way in moments, her prow was crumbled into a ball, and her spine snapped.
Counter fire from the Portuguese battle line, five battleships strong, was firing in full force. The bright wash from the League ships as they burned their engines at full threw any sort of obfuscation they had enjoyed to the wind, and they were now taking heavy fire. Still at long range, one of the League battleships caught one too many anti-capital rounds; forward shields flickering, a pair of rockets from the cruiser O Glory Refinou penetrated its shields and burst through its hull, as if it were made of tissue paper. Fires quickly consumed the ship.

Alarms rang onboard the Elogio Isabella, mind bombs exploded along her hull in a wrathful ecstasy. The Rage had positively found an interdictor; two battleships and two battle cruisers had broken off from the main force to flank the Elogio Isabella and her sister, the Ferdinand O Real, which, along with Cruiser Group East, were doing an effective job at screening one of the interdictors.
“Captain, I don’t know how much more of this we can take, our shields are taking serious damage!” called out an officer from the defense station.
“Communication, tight beam to the command ship: Taking heavy fire, request relief; Enemy has positively identified Barra Curso. Urgent.” The captain watched as the shield counter slowly counted down, it wouldn’t be long before hits started penetrating his shields; three generators had already burned out and another two were in the red.
“Sir, the Admiral’s ship is moving to support us. And sir, a message for the Barra Curso, they are to abandon ship.” A silence fell over the command center of the Elogio Isabella as the shower of psi-rockets briefly stopped as the command ship pulled into position.
“Alright, forward the message to the Curso, damage control parties get to replacing those shield generators, and cool down generators four and five. We’ve got maybe a couple minutes here people, lets make it count!” the Captain sighed with relief, even a couple minutes away from the fire would be enough to get his shields back in solid condition.
The Admiral’s flagship, the Estrela Brilhando De Portugal moved up into the firing line, allowing the Elogio Isabella fall back briefly to recharge her shields and make quick repairs. The Isabella, Ferdinand and De Portugal all took minor damage and two more frigates from Cruiser Group center had gone up in flames. Brutally accurate fire from all three ships sunk half the flanking taskforce, one battleship and one battle cruiser.

Interception +18 minutes
Escape pods and personnel shuttle craft took off from the Barra Curso, interdiction cruisers, not being combat ships generally had smaller crews and making abandoning ship a fairly quick procedure. The escape craft had hardly had a chance to dock with the nearby battleship, Elogio Isabella, when the Barra’s supporting craft pulled back. The empty ship hung silently in space for only a moment before cruel forces crumbled the ship into a ball as if it were paper. Lights on the tangled wreck went out before it was consumed in fire.

The League’s brave flanking maneuver had managed to wipe out the second interdictor, though of the group only a single pocket battleship made it back to the main formation. The third interdictor was now protected by the entire fleet, three cruiser groups screening five battleships. The two fleets exchanged fire at range, sending a damaged League battle cruiser and two Portuguese destroyers up in flames. Well, one Portuguese destroyer went up in flames, the other was shattered into a thousand pieces, but both were lost with all hands.

Interception +22 minutes
After a brief lull in the ferocity, the League ships made their final charge, damaging the remaining two Portuguese battleships and crippling a destroyer from Cruiser Group West. The league charge was lead by its four remaining pocket battleships, in a brave attempt to screen the remaining three battleships. As the League ships closed to short range two of the screening battle cruisers were destroyed, their sacrifice, however, was not in vain.
The heavy battleship From the Ashes, pulled ahead of its screen, its clairvoyants more attune than those in the rest of the fleet found their mark and, tearing wildly through a pair of frigates it sent a psychic blast that tore the poor interdictor in two. Portuguese fire quickly shifted to the brightly painted League command ship, despite its powerful shielding the ship quickly went up in flames, but not before the other four League ships, two battleships and two battle cruisers jumped to FTL.
“Admiral, we’ve lost our interdiction. Four League ships have escaped.” The Admiral glared at the burning wreck of the League command ship.
“All ships charge FTL drives, track them as long as possible and feed it back to the Polish; looks like they’ve got a chase on their hands.”

Losses:
League:
Destroyed:
1x45bb
3x40bb
6x25bc

Portugal:
Destroyed:
0x45bb
3x10cci
2x15CC
5x4DD
10x2FF
Damaged:
5x45BB [minor]
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Polish Space, Near interdiction point

The Void Between was not a medium friendly to human life. Drive fields enshrouded the ships of the Logos Centrality, propelling them and protecting them from their inhospitable surroundings. Sensors probed real space, the Void Between, and several other dimensional spaces known to be used for FTL travel.

The battle ahead was clearly registering on the sensor systems of the Centrality vessels. They would arrive in a few minutes and add the power of their guns and interdiction systems to the fight. They didn't even have to be right there, just close enough to target a glaser turret or a long range missile.

"FTL engagement!" shouted a sensor officer. She sent data streaming through the links. Then there was another.

Hayden's expression was grim, but he said nothing. They had almost been in time to close up the trap around the League vessels. Almost.

"Continue pursuit," he growled. They were so very close and the enemy had been pushing his engines hard and taken a lot of fire. It didn't have to be over yet.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Redleader34
Jedi Knight
Location: Flowing through the Animated Ether, finding unsusual creations

Post by Redleader34 »

HyperWave Transmission
Encrypted

Hello Garry. How are you doing. I hope diplomacy on the Blue Planet goes well, and I heard we got more troops. Good Job on that. Well anyway, we are moving out as well, but I have a proposal for you…”

As the chief diplomat read the signal, he thought about presenting that to the Coalition of nations. It was a sound idea, and it could work to their advantage

New Mombassa Heights
Earth Orbit
Sol System

Al was waiting for the Oberion traders, the man standing in the docking control room. He saw their freight, and was worried that it might be at waste, just standing there, doing nothing at the time.

Congo Forests
Earth
Sol System

In the forests of Africa, there was one team, the 08th, dropped from the orbital command of New Mombassa Heights. They were the first hybrid Earth-Domnion group decedicated to hunting out the rebel’s arm caches, which seemed to be everywhere. Odd multi-kiloton explosives, alien rippers, and EM based cannons were part of the caches, but it seemed the rebels were moving back. Two scouts in this group, would find something that would cost them dearly
“Hey Kat” a man asked, “Yeah Shiro, what is it?” The man’s face showed a huge grin “You have got to see this…” Kat walked over, and the two asaw, an old spacecraft. It appeared to have been from the old era of pre FTL travel, but it was long marked off as useless. “Shiro, I don’t think we should be here…” but Kat’s words were cut off by the sound of sniper fire. “SHIT! THE REBELS Shouted Shiro, as he ran back to his Jeep, but that, too was cut up by the sound of bullets ripping through the forest. The two scouts were killed quickly, as they had stumbled upon the crash site, of the rebel transport. Two men wearing a strange sort of suit picked up the bodies, and took them inside, where the base command for the old sub light ship was being silently subverted.

Several weeks earlier:

Earth
Southern Africa Region

As the small cruiser decelerated from faster than light speeds, its crew, human rebels, as well as an odd asteroid citizen or two all looked at the package. This was the big one, the most devastating thing they could get their hands on. War was all not nuclear weapons and grand assaults, but the art of communication also played a huge factor in modern combat. The shuttle flew in, while the battle of the Earth’s Absolute Defense was going on, the lone shuttle one of the few transports heading for Earth. As the men headed towards East Africa, they would arrange the “Accident” their shuttle’s engines cutting out, as it took what appeared to be a dive, directly into the Indian ocean. Now, the men, prepared for this, grabbed the package, and their parachutes, and headed out, the shuttle screaming as it hit the glassy blue sea. Their Pickup, a converted freighter, would steam in, their rescue co-ordinated by regular messages through the TGA’s GGRPS network. It was a brilliant Scheme. As the rebel agents were fished out from the sea, the technications would run the device to the ship’s inner hold. There, was a grade A Communications Disrupter, capable of jamming all communications with a series of *technobabble* particles, which then would cause a *handwavium* effect, making the Earth an intergalactic backwater after activation. They were all waiting for the signal, while the freighter, officially a dredging ship, stood In the middle of the sea, non suspect as it moved waste from the radioactive south-African regions.
Dan's Art

Bounty on SDN's most annoying
"A spambot, a spambot who can't spell, a spambot who can't spell or spam properly and a spambot with tenure. Tough"choice."

Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

NGTO Embassy station, Earth orbit, phase one
“Assessment? Can we do it?”
“Not dirrectly, another layerr would have to be involved.”
“How so Mirra?” Chela looks around those assembled, watching Mirra’s charges, the psychic members of the core, shake off fatigue from their long and draining time in the pods and try to pay attention as their handler explains
“They tell me therre is an underrlying sense of being watched, an entirre society under eyes. It’s a certainty we would be obserrved should we enterr the realm.”
“Morre complications, but maybe forr the best. Let them get some rest, we’ll take overr frrom herre.” Chela turns to the rest in this chamber deep within the station as Mirra and the exhausted psychers file out “We’ll do this the old fashoned way, with farr reaching hands.” She smiles a little, explaining their new course of action, and that while they cannot enter the Hegemony they can always make someone who can do their bidding.

Mumbai, India , Hegemony of heavens, phase two

The sun beat down mercilessly, even the smog is not enough to stop it baking the ground and all who walk on it. Including a man named Jolyme, which does nothing for his headache, the headache he’s had ever since meeting his new employers aboard the cruise ship. He looks around a bit, nervously checking the shadows as he walks down the near deserted seeming street and then pushes through the doorway of a building even more rundown than the rest of the row.

“Search him”
Jolyme’s nervousness abruptly increases tenfold, firstly because of the man gripping him roughly from behind, secondly because of the way his neural implant just lost signal but mainly because of the very wide barreled gun being pointed at his head by the woman in black perched on a table to his left. “I’ve come unarmed.” He blinks, the sting of sweat in his eye as he doesn’t dare wipe his brow.

“Of course you have, but do you have anything that’ll lead ‘Them’ to us.” The speaker steps forwards into the light, as bald as an egg he practically gleams, glancing to the man behind Jolyme
“He’s clean Ahrad, no tracers, no bugs.” The lady with the gun abruptly seems to lose interest, nasty weapon no longer aimed at Jolyme’s temple.
“You do not look like the normal sort to seek us out, your business?”
Jolyne wipes his brow at last “An offer of employment, from parties who wish to remain anonymous.”
“Anomymous and rich?”
“very.” Jolyme smiles, the Ahrad man didn’t, Jolyme stopped smiling
“And why did they not come here to meet us themselves?”
“They wished to avoid, certain complications.”
“Then what is the job, and how do they intend to assure our safety?”
“They prefer to tell you themselves, they said to be at the Que’rac export building at 2200 tomorrow, they have more details. I think they can arrange for you to be elsewhere after this.” Jolyme glances longingly towards the door, the way the woman in black is fidgeting with that gun doesn’t reassure him
“Anything else?” he glances back to Ahrad and coughs before answering
“No, can i-” he stops very quickly as that gun is now aimed right at him
“Oh no, after all we cannot be sure this isnt merely a convenient way for us to be disposed of. You can go after we’ve met these, employers.” And then Ahrad smiled, Jolyme didn’t…

Que’rac export building, Mumbai, 2200 hours, Stage three
Ahrad pushes Jolyme ahead of him through the door, then steps aside to let two of his associates file through. Only then does he and the woman in black step through the doorway, relaxing only when he’s confident the garbage strewn warehouse is deserted of people but for them and weapons but for the ones in their hands. The only thing of note to which they now slowly approach is a metal cylinder standing on four stubby extendable legs, a small prod with a handgun sends Jolyme towards it, nervously, wondering whether it really is a ruse and attempt to eliminate criminal elements and those who would associate with them Jolyme steps in closer to it and then nervously presses the button atop it. A synthesized voice emerges “please could Ahrad and all other persons stand within ten feet of this device within the next minute.” It takes nearly that long before Ahrad decides to trust the device and step into the circle, there is a flash of light, then there is nothing where they once stood.

Ahrad raises a hand to shield his eyes, industrial grade spotlights turning his new surroundings into a contrast of blinding light and hard edged shadow, the metal underneath his feet cold as the entire hall is compared to the heat of Mumbai. The Chamaran psychers behind the walls already reaching out to probe the minds of Ahrad and his associates, checking their motives. The same synthesized voice sounds out “Welcome, we apologize for imposing but we felt these steps necessary to maintain our anonymity, we offer to use similar methods to move you to a more favourable nation when our business is concluded. We also offer ten billion in cash to help make a new life there.” Ahrad looks around, trying to pinpoint the voice but the way the seemingly all metal walled chamber echoes makes it impossible
“What do you want us to do, and who are you anyway?”
“We want you to take some people and use them to deceive another into doing a thing, and we are the people with five billion dollars and the offer of a new life for you.” Ahrad crosses his arms, facing the wrong way as it happens
“I’ll need more information, and what if we refuse?”
“More information is in the folder on the crossbar behind you, and if you refuse you will not remember these events.” Ahrad turns and walks to the metal girder stretching across the room and reaches up to take the folder, shielding his eyes to look through it
“It says you will provide weapons, money and uniforms? What guarantee do we have you will make sure of our safety?”
“The thing you require are in the crate in the corner of the hold, and you have none, you will just have to trust us.” Ahrad’s lip curls upwards slightly ‘hold, so we’re on a ship’
“Trust someone we cannot even see? Who we don’t know the name of?” he then winces, not really aware of what’s happening as the psychers mentally twist his arm so to speak “
I mean, yeah, yeah we’ll do it.” He shakes his head to try and clear the headache, not knowing it’ll be there for quite a while. Ahrad and his associates move to the crate, taking the cases from within it, five minutes later there’s a flash of light and the hold is empty.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

Outpost #345e54

The sleek courier ship appeared out of hyperspace with little more than a fizzle of EM static and a small burst of light. The ship quickly docked with the small sensor outpost and the Emissary opened a com channel to the Hegemony Fleet.

Greetings, i am here so that We may hear your offer. Please spare any formalities, We do not need them. Thank you.

Approach to Sensor Outpost #345e54

The massive Superdreadnought and its accompanying fleet exited hyperspace with the small Gliesan diplomatic vessel. Tightbeams explaining the situation were sent to the Hegemony and the Gliesan vessel. The Emissary sent his own personal tightbeam.

Welcome, i am here as Emissary of the Heralds, and will be dealing diplomatically with you as well as our Hegemony guests. Killing two birds with one stone it would seem. We hope you enjoy the stay.

Sensor Post interior

The Emissary surveyed the seen, feeling the thrill of the immense firepower that the Superdreadnought allowed it to wield, and the importance of this diplomatic exchange. Quixotically it allowed itself to speak a few words aloud, although the vacuum of space prevented any sound.

Diplomacy...
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
rhoenix
Jedi Council Member

Post by rhoenix »

Outpost #345e54
Heralds of Xylyx space

As the Archon's small diplomacy vessel approached Outpost #345e54, echoing the movement and speed of the much larger superdreadnaught beside it, the passive sensors automatically catalogued the Hegemony vessel as they approached.

The message came. "Welcome, I am here as Emissary of the Heralds, and will be dealing diplomatically with you as well as our Hegemony guests. Killing two birds with one stone it would seem. We hope you enjoy the stay."

At this, a small smile appeared on the corner of Archon Skiad's mouth. A reply via tight beam was sent, duplicating the manner in which it was received. "Emissary, I am honored to meet you, and I thank you for your greeting. We are here to pursue peace between both your people and ours individually, and next, to attempt to reach peace between you and the NGTO."

"Killing Fields" Training Facility
Jotunheim
Golden Sky Combine space

The ambassadorial proceeding from Khurlassian people had been given an extended tour of Golden Sky space, starting with having expeditions, excellent cuisine, and wonderful tea on Gaia. They next went to see the awe-inspiring sight of Autochthon, now with 65% of its total factories operational, was now aiding it's own construction more than the ships and orbiting facilities in place during initial construction were. Following that, seeing the world Gimleheim turned from airless world to thriving colony, and the many engineering projects currently underway there, to the world Atlantis - though relatively newly settled, it already rivaled Gaia for sheer beauty and volume of bounty. After that, they got a proper tour of Prometheus and Valhalla - though now, Valhalla almost seemed to be a scale model of Autochthon from their recent tour.

They were now watching what the Jotun called a "scrimmage" with only soldiers in powered armor fighting in teams against one another. The winds howled outside of the protective barrier the Khurlassian ambassadorial entourage and Archon Mentruo were watching behind, blowing frozen water in the form of snow in high drifts.

The suits, being designed for stealth as well as assault, did not give off any appreciable signatures of many sorts. Transparent displays showed each soldier's condition during the scrimmage, and a ghostly display of each one on a large scaled map. Instead, they watched through the clear barrier between them and the various sights that lit up the translucent, constantly shifting wall of snow around them, blowing faster than 80 kilometers per hour at times. Here, a sudden explosion causing many dark objects to fly outward; there, an area suddenly convulsed with a veritable cloud of lightning before going out. Close by, a reverberating boom, though muffled by the barrier, was felt and heard a few seconds after an impressive impact that shook the building. Bluish-purple beams split the hazy white, though weren't seen often - seeing one nearly always prompted a determined retaliation from multiple sources.

This went on intermittently for five or so minutes, before time was called, and the soldiers retired for the evening. The two of them that didn't manage to get a single confirmed "kill" during the scrimmage were sentenced by their fellows to sleep outside for the night, without their suits.
Bugsby
Jedi Master

Post by Bugsby »

There was a large backlog of traffic around Ober. Thousands of trading freighters descended on the world to trade their various sundries for the galaxy-renowned luxury goods of Ober. Thousands of cases of precious Oberin wine were being onloaded to hundreds of waiting freighters, their captains eagerly checking the manifests. It would take almost an entire hold full of goods to trade for a single case of the precious blue liquor, but the rewards in the central systems, particularly Earth, were well worth it. It wasn't only wine, but massive quantities of staple agricultural goods and some basic machine tools made up the bulk of Oberin exports. Traffic control had set up an extensive queue to allow the huge number of ships access to Oberin ports, and each ship's position in that queue was non-negotiable. Nonetheless, one ship was able to jump to the top of the list as soon as it fell within range of Oberin control. The small craft sailed past queues of jealous traders as it sped toward the capital. But this ship didn't contain a profit-hungry merchant. It's mission was much more important.

A small escort of Oberin system police fell into escort positions around the small shuttle to guide and protect it through the busy Oberin air space. They broke atmo and flew in tight formation miles above the Oberin landscape, the thunder of their engines faintly audible to the citizens on the ground. The escort peeled away as the shuttle reached the Imperial Palace, and lights shone brightly on the small landing strip outside the side entrance to the palace. Mere minutes after entering the system, the shuttle had landed. An honor guard came out to meet the esteemed guest, and escort Archon Bestillo to his audience with the Imperial family.

Petya knocked timidly on her brother's door. She was not afraid; she always hated having to deliver her brother news he wouldn't like. Tristan Artelme loved to make the people he hated suffer, and he had an obnoxious habit of confusing the messenger with the message.

"Come in," Tristan called. Petya obliged.

"Father has need of you," Petya told Tristan. "He has an opportunity for you to do good works, in the aid of the Imperiate. His words," she concluded quickly, noticing Tristan's scowl.

"What good works?"

"A chance for you to practice your diplomatic skills. An ambassador has just arrived at the palace from the Golden Sky. You are familiar with them, I trust?"

"Vaguely. I remember that our spy network was in a flutter about them a few weeks back, although I don't know precisely why."

"The entire race went through a transformation. They claim they exist on an elevated plain now, and our agents' reports seem to confirm that assertion."

"Why do I care?"

"Because information is vital in diplomacy. Would you go to a duel without your sword?"

"Of course not." That had struck a nerve. Tristan took martial affairs VERY seriously.

"It is just as foolish to go to a meeting with a foreign emissary without knowing everything you can about his people. This datacard should fill in your weak points." Petya handed her brother the datacard, a wealth of data painstakingly compiled by the Ministry of State and the spy net.

"I'll look it over. Am I expected to meet with this emissary now?"

"Half an hour. Archon Bestillo is being shown to his quarters and given some time to refresh himself. You meet him in the Throne Room."

"The Throne Room? Will Father be there?"

"He has other matters to attend to."

"Good. He is unnecessary. I would venture that I am more than important enough to treat with a simple diplomat. I'm probably the most important person this simple emissary will ever meet."

"I'm sure the Archon will be suitably impressed," Petya said dryly.

"Archon. That's the second time you've called him that. What is an Archon anyway?"

"Read the damn datacard, Tristan," Petya sighed.

"Oh my. The wench has some fire on her tongue today. What brings this about, sister?"

"I'm just not in the mood today, Tristan. Read the datacard. And don't make a mess of this. It might not be a fight, but that doesn't mean it's not important. Quite the opposite."

"Of course this is important. How dare you lecture me. Do you think me a fool?"

Petya smiled. Dropping her brother a curtsy, she turned quickly and left the room. Tristan picked up the datacard and began to read. He got halfway through before he got bored and threw the card on his bed. He didn't care about the trading partners of the Golden Sun. He had more important things to see to - like his wardrobe. He needed to look impressive. Black and scarlet would do nicely.
The wisdom of PA:
-Normal Person + Anonymity + Audience = Total Fuckwad
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Jotunheim
Golden Sky Combine space

The assorted Republic diplomats and ship's captain accompanied their hosts with all signs of manners and bright interest in what was shown to them by the Archon. This collection of officials watched the scrimmage and aftermath with a sort of professional interest; while each was acquainted with infantry tactics on at least a basic level, they weren't experts. Nevertheless, High Diplomat Tun and his entourage watched with careful attention, making mental notes of interesting occurances and asking polite questions of their hosts. Indeed, it was little doubt that some tactics shown or behaviors exhibited might get recommended to the Republic's army commanders, who were always eager for new input on infantry warfare. It was the Shultakk honor guards that showed the most interest. Glancing minutely at High Diplomat Tun and receiving no response, one of the Shultakk, a smallish specimen with a splash of deep blue on his neck feathers making him particularly distinguishable, spoke up.

"I can see that competition between your soldiers is fierce. However, don't such results," he gestured to the Jotun who had been left out in the cold, "breed some resentment and friction amongst their ranks?"
rhoenix
Jedi Council Member

Post by rhoenix »

Jotunheim
Golden Sky Combine space

"I can see that competition between your soldiers is fierce. However, don't such results..." one the Shultakk honor guards gestured to the two Jotun who had been left out in the cold, "...breed some resentment and friction amongst their ranks?"

The Archon smiled gently. "On the contrary," he gestured to the two outside, "For one of the ones outside, it was her first scrimmage. The other is a veteran, and mostly contributed to the scrimmage in a support capacity, getting no 'kills' of her own. So, she and the one in training will talk, and the young one will get the opportunity to learn from one wiser than she. In addition, to survive the night she will have to develop better control over heat and fire; her teacher for the night will likely teach her how to heat rocks to keep warm."
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

(OOC: Urgs... Sorry, but I was/am in a bit of chaos due to new job, new flat,... so I might have been a bit too silent...)

Outpost #345e54

Admiral Ling Yakamura watched the little ship arrive and dock in the holo-sphere.
"They seem to be of a no-nonsense communication-style," he observed to his XO. "Suits me."

The ship replied on a secure tight-beam channel.
"This is Admiral Yakamura of the Hegemony of Heavens and I represent not only my nation but also parts of the Coalition of Nations. We would like to discuss your formal 'surrender' to us. Your recent activities in galactic public has seen some activity by the NTGO and we and other parts of the Coalition fear it will prompt them to invade and finally destroy you. We do not want to see you go and offer you protection through a formal surrender. We await your answer."
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

League of Thought Space, Northwest Territories

The outer colonial reaches of the League of Thought. Even while the war raged inside Polish space, life here seemed to continue on unabaited.

People went about their daly business shuttling back and forth, doing whatever it is these people do all day.

The rock and pebble League colonials looked through their windows, their domes, some through their darkened skies and could see the lights approaching. Was this it, had the war finally come to their corner of the galaxy? Was this to be their final moment?

Multiple devices were initiated around the inhabited areas, the once carefully maintained environments within violently ripped into the void of space along with the frozen corpses of those that were not immediately incinerated in the initial atack.

...Yep

Force Declaration

Nova Warships

Kensei 3*30
Mercury 20*10
Phantasm 9*10
Praetorian 30*5
Olympian 90*8

Doubtless the arrival of the entire Nova armada had not gone unnoticed, having eradicated the largest colonies of the sparsely populated system, the Nova vessels proceeded to purge the remaining League habitats while awaiting the response.
:D