STGOD: A Dead Art? (II)

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Adrian Laguna
Sith Marauder

Post by Adrian Laguna »

Starglider wrote:Escaped from the motivational posters thread;

-snip Death from Above-

Though in STGOD, a mere dinosaur killer is getting off lightly.
That thing's not a dinosaur killer, that's a "oh shit, we're all fucked beyond fucked" rock of great dooming.
InnocentBystander
The Russian Circus

Post by InnocentBystander »

Please, it would take something a lot more fearsome than a rock to do meaningful harm to earth.
rhoenix
Jedi Council Member

Post by rhoenix »

InnocentBystander wrote:Please, it would take something a lot more fearsome than a rock to do meaningful harm to earth.
Like...a big rock accelerated to a high percentage of c? Always fun and economical if one wishes to play catch with one's neighbors. Don't be upset if you don't get invited to some of their classier functions after that, though. Most societies look down(up?) on that sort of thing.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

InnocentBystander wrote:Please, it would take something a lot more fearsome than a rock to do meaningful harm to earth.
If required, I can and will use the Capital D to mete out beatings.

Speaking of beatings, due to Redleader's breach of protocol in the face of continued warnings and standing rulings regarding after the fact justifications of events, he is no longer in command of the rebels besieging his nation. All such correspondence relating to the rebels through secret deals and such shall now go through me, not Redleader.
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

What is the Capital D? for those of us who are ignorant of such things? though i'm thankful for the mental image of a planetsized D shaped spaceship plowing through earth.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Hotfoot

Due

Post by Hotfoot »

Darkevilme wrote:What is the Capital D? for those of us who are ignorant of such things? though i'm thankful for the mental image of a planetsized D shaped spaceship plowing through earth.
If you search the Other Sci-Fi forum, you should find a post by me that is most enlightening. Suffice to say, you're on the right path with regards to size.
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
Starglider
Miles Dyson

Post by Starglider »

Darkevilme wrote:What is the Capital D? for those of us who are ignorant of such things?
I think Hotfoot is talking about one of the utterly silly ships from the end of the Skylark of Space series. The ones that are thousands of km across, travel around at billions of c and can blow up planets in a different galaxy with their secondary armament. As I recall (and it's been a while) the ending of the last book had a fight between two ships of that class destroying an entire galaxy.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Starglider gets a cookie. Though to clarify, it was both ships working together to use the stars from one galaxy as ammunition to destroy another while moving innocent planets to a third.
The Realm of Confusion
Starglider
Miles Dyson

Post by Starglider »

Updated the summary with UCB's and Brianeyci's withdrawals;
brianeyci wrote:
Starglider wrote:Are you still intending to get involved in the STGOD? I know you were planning to wait a while before revealing your nation, but I haven't seen any comments from you in the OOC thread for a couple of months, so I was wondering if you were still playing. If not I will mark you as 'withdrawn' on the summary.
Yeah that's fine, school just started and I'm too busy to what I need to nevermind STGOD. I might pick up later and if I do I'll tell you but I doubt it.
I'd like to go ahead with a post about events near earth, but it will take the earth timeline a day or two ahead of the current time in Polish space (e.g. enough time for the pirate's signal to reach Earth).
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

So my job hunt went a little better today, so I posted up a small reply.
Forward one step.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
rhoenix
Jedi Council Member

Post by rhoenix »

There - sorry about the wait Tanasinn, I decided to go with the slightly mysterious approach since I'm not done mapping out the behind the scenes stuff for consistency.

Thank you for the reply, Dark Hellion, the plot now thickens.

Still awaiting replies from Cincinnatus, Bugsby, SirNitram, Covenant, White Haven, and Academia Nut for either first-contact envoys or ongoing proceedings. Of course, if silence is your answer, then let me know as well.
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

Ugh... sorry for not posting in a while, I think I might be able to get something up tomorrow, its just that school just started up again and I am massively fucking tired, and its only been one and a half weeks.

So yeah, probably post something when I'm not half comatose. Probably tomorrow. I'll finalize my turn spending as well.
I love learning. Teach me. I will listen.
You know, if Christian dogma included a ten-foot tall Jesus walking around in battle armor and smashing retarded cultists with a gaint mace, I might just convert - Noble Ire on Jesus smashing Scientologists
Bugsby
Jedi Master

Post by Bugsby »

Hey everyone,

Sorry that I've been delinquent in my posting schedule. I graduated from college back in May, around the time the game started, and in mid-July I got my first job and my life suddenly got really busy. Who'd have thought that working would take so much damn time!?

As a result, my posting habits have been very poor since I started, and they got even worse a few weeks ago. I just want to ensure all of you that I am STILL IN THE GAME! I have plenty of crazy stuff that I want to get a chance to do.

Rhoenix, A reply is forthcoming.

I also have to deal with the supplies that I recently brought to Africa and are still sitting in orbit. A reply is coming to that, situation, too.

In the future, if I am incommunicato for a number of days, PM me. That will get my attention, and hopefully no one will have to wait three weeks for a response again.

Let's keep this game humming. It's fun fun! =)
The wisdom of PA:
-Normal Person + Anonymity + Audience = Total Fuckwad
rhoenix
Jedi Council Member

Post by rhoenix »

Academia Nut wrote:Ugh... sorry for not posting in a while, I think I might be able to get something up tomorrow, its just that school just started up again and I am massively fucking tired, and its only been one and a half weeks.

So yeah, probably post something when I'm not half comatose. Probably tomorrow. I'll finalize my turn spending as well.
No worries - I've random drama to take care of today, so my prodding of everyone isn't with the intention that posting be done right in this moment. The exchange developing as we're writing it out is only getting more fascinating, so I'm being as patient as I can. ;)

Just as long as my Archons aren't just wanking away in their diplomatic vessels, I'll be happy. I do pay them, you know.
Bugsby wrote:As a result, my posting habits have been very poor since I started, and they got even worse a few weeks ago. I just want to ensure all of you that I am STILL IN THE GAME! I have plenty of crazy stuff that I want to get a chance to do.

Rhoenix, A reply is forthcoming.
So I see - and I can already tell this is going to be fun. I'll PM or IM you later on to settle on particulars, since this should be deeply amusing. Thank you for the post - you set the stage for great hilarity.
Bugsby wrote:In the future, if I am incommunicato for a number of days, PM me. That will get my attention, and hopefully no one will have to wait three weeks for a response again.
A better solution, as most of us have email notifications for PM's anyway. Fair enough - I'll restrict my "why haven't you posted?" poking to PM's, then.

As for my point expenditures, with one or two more talks with the mods about what I can or cannot get with bonuses, I'll be posting my final turn point totals as well.
Starglider
Miles Dyson

Post by Starglider »

We need to resolve the situation in Polish space to get the game moving again. What's the hold up exactly? If it's Thirdfain being unavailable, we've already waited twice as long as we did for White Haven. Can't someone else in that joint defence fleet take over? AFAIK it's just a decision of exactly how to run down the fleeing ships anyway. Hotfoot is RPing the fleeing ships, so I assume someone else just needs to take charge of the pursuers.
rhoenix
Jedi Council Member

Post by rhoenix »

My faction's turn bonus expenditure, semi-final:

- 15 Valkyrie-class ships (see below) (6 points each * 15 = 90 points)
- Ground combat bonus revised: wanky power armor now redundant (+50 points to ground combat)
- 1 Hel-class stealth transport ship (1 ship * 10 = 10 points)
===
150 total

New ship class: Valkyrie - Rapid Heavy Assault (6 points)
(4 points base, +2 points EW, Stealth Shields, Passive Stealth systems)
Weapons Loadout: 1 Heavy Flailgun, 2 Medium Flailguns, 2 Glaser Cannons, 4 MEEN's

Designed for Jotun operatives, the Valkyrie was made to handle a variety of roles well, such as deep insertion, long-range obfuscated sniping, or rapid assault, while excelling in pure rapidity and efficiency. The passive stealth systems onboard this ship smugly surpass that of the Hel-class, being nearly silent, even without the cloaking device activated. It also is trans-atmospheric with minimal impact on either the ship or the planet.
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

I'll have my reply up tomorrow probably, rhoenix.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Starglider wrote:We need to resolve the situation in Polish space to get the game moving again. What's the hold up exactly? If it's Thirdfain being unavailable, we've already waited twice as long as we did for White Haven. Can't someone else in that joint defence fleet take over? AFAIK it's just a decision of exactly how to run down the fleeing ships anyway. Hotfoot is RPing the fleeing ships, so I assume someone else just needs to take charge of the pursuers.
I've already posted a pursuit, so the balls in the fleeing ship's court and any mod (who isn't one of the involved parties) court. I have no idea on Thirdfain or White Haven's status.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
rhoenix
Jedi Council Member

Post by rhoenix »

Tanasinn wrote:I'll have my reply up tomorrow probably, rhoenix.
No problem, and no rush intended.

Also, leveling questions -

1. Dark Hellion has "+50 to industrial base" in his OOB. Does this translate into things being made more efficiently, or what? I ask purely out of selfish reasons, as my faction's new sister race is curious.

2. Imperial Overlord has "+10 long range sensors" listed in his OOB. How would this work out in gameplay?
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Dark Hellion simply neglected to rename his bonus to what it really is, which is essentially defense against piracy. He's much less likely to lose production as a result of piracy due to mercenaries, Q-ships, counter-intel, etc.

The latter, I believe, refers to early warning networks, but that may or may not be correct.
The Realm of Confusion
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

rhoenix wrote:
1. Dark Hellion has "+50 to industrial base" in his OOB. Does this translate into things being made more efficiently, or what? I ask purely out of selfish reasons, as my faction's new sister race is curious.
Same as spending points on merchant fleets. He gets some protection from raiding and extra transports for those fifty points.
2. Imperial Overlord has "+10 long range sensors" listed in his OOB. How would this work out in gameplay?
My planetary early warning systems have a longer range than standard.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
rhoenix
Jedi Council Member

Post by rhoenix »

Hotfoot wrote:Dark Hellion simply neglected to rename his bonus to what it really is, which is essentially defense against piracy. He's much less likely to lose production as a result of piracy due to mercenaries, Q-ships, counter-intel, etc.
Imperial Overlord wrote:Same as spending points on merchant fleets. He gets some protection from raiding and extra transports for those fifty points.
Thank you both - that makes much more sense.
Hotfoot wrote:The latter, I believe, refers to early warning networks, but that may or may not be correct.
Imperial Overlord wrote:My planetary early warning systems have a longer range than standard.
That's what I wanted to be sure of - that it was planetary. Thank you both for the clarification.

In that case, that does suggest some revising of my points...again...
Starglider
Miles Dyson

Post by Starglider »

Imperial Overlord wrote:My planetary early warning systems have a longer range than standard.
Out of curiosity, how much longer? 110%? 150%? 200%?

Rhoenix you agreed to ship 3pts of parts and materials to UCB's nation two months back, you can't get out of it just because UCB has left the game.
rhoenix
Jedi Council Member

Post by rhoenix »

Starglider wrote:Rhoenix you agreed to ship 3pts of parts and materials to UCB's nation two months back, you can't get out of it just because UCB has left the game.
Shit, you're right.

Alright, for the final, I'll be spending 147 points then.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Starglider wrote:Out of curiosity, how much longer? 110%? 150%? 200%?
I do believe the question of global buffs was handled previously in a 1 point to 1% ratio.
Rhoenix you agreed to ship 3pts of parts and materials to UCB's nation two months back, you can't get out of it just because UCB has left the game.
Actually, he could if the nation in question had become completely insular and cut off all former bonds. I mean, it may go from point A to point B, but if nobody accepts it, well then, not much to be done about it.

Now, maybe he'll have to wait until next cycle to use those points, because they were in the process of being shipped off and all that, but still, they need not go into the void when UCB left the same cycle he was asking for the stuff.
The Realm of Confusion