STGOD: DAS: Main Game Thread.

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Sol System, Ganymede, Ganymede Fleet Base

"Well," Grand Admiral Therkov rumbled, "so much for swift attacks." The alien invaders hadn't moved for days, stying around sun, doing nothing. And no contact either. At least, in his opinion, invaders should have the decency to state their intent. This behaviour was just incredibly impolite.
"Fleet Admiral Toranaga is still ready to strike at a moments notice," his Chief of Staff said from his position left to him. "The other fleet elements within the system are also at Condition One. At least a surprise attack is out of the question. Still, I wonder what their intentions are. No contact, no moves..."
"Yes, Igor, that is incredibly puzzling. We will wait and observe a bit more. I don't want to be the first one to start a war. Let some other nation here have that honour."

Earth

The initial shock of the eclipse had been immense within the general populace. A few outbursts of panic, even small riots, broke out across the Hegemony territory. But it never lasted and spread. Most people were placated by the falsified reports from the ever-pervasive Ministry of Truth. Those not believing in Truth soon faced the Kempetai and a nice vacation and re-education on Io. If the Hegemony had learned anything from its past, it was the control of people. Quiet, efficient, inconspicuous. And when the Heavenly Fleet would act, they even got their new heroes.

Earth, Bejing, Summer Palace

The Daughter of Heavens glared defiantly at her aides. "I will not run away to shelters just because some aliens are having a party around the Sun. I will not give the impression of fear!"
"Yes, yes, Your Highness," Henry Woo, her chief aide, sighed. He knew that he would never sway her.
"It still leaves the African situation, Your Highness."
"We have closed the border, I will not let this disaster spill over. Let the Poles and the others have fun with it, we won't make our hands dirty in such a petty fight. Even though, if they start nuking more of their continent, I might object. The ecological damage to Earth is something I rather not have."
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Acidburns
Padawan Learner

Post by Acidburns »

White Haven wrote:A pair of dumpy-looking transorts move to intercept the arriving ship, swift for ships of such crude design, and not exactly system-patrol vessels, but nevertheless, they fall into flanking positions to either side of the new arrival. A transmission broadcasts outwards, preceded by the same words echoing in the psi-band, if anyone's capable of detecting it properly, "I don't suppose you're Polish? The home system can get dull, and I'd relish something exciting to do."

The psychic emanations from the League of Thought ships washed over the Nephilim vessel. The ship had only a tiny psychic presence emitted by the on-board psi-sensors. While the vessel was capable of detecting and interpreting psychic communications, the technology was new and the occupant had little experience with it.

"No, I am most certainly not Polish, nor do we consider ourselves friends of the Poles. However if is "excitement" you are seeking, in particular with the Poles, I am sure we have much in common. Please direct me to the dominant powers of your people, I am sure you are as eager to see action as I"
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Mercury, Sol System

"Grav Pulse engaged." spoke a small voice, buried deep under the surface of the planet in the American Base.

The intense gravitational pulse smashed against the immobile mining hulk like a kilometers-long pinata. The massive gradient shattered bits of skin and armor, it's great bulk shooting out into low orbit with glistening shards. Like white corpusels scrambling to attack a pathogen, the orbiting ships dove down on the direction of the pulse.

Though their weapons could not easily bombard the position, many ships bore down on terminal attack, smashing into the surface radars and detection systems while releasing destructive parasite craft, lashing out at the source of the pulse that had destroyed one of their vulnerable utility ships.

Deep below in Davidson Base's Command Room, screens one by one grew dark as their surface antennae and sensors were flattened. They had barely enough time to dispatch their burst transmission for Earth.

Between Mercury and Sol

The Logos Fleet's sudden burn and clear intercept vector had garnered the attention of the Monsters between planets, as their forces shifted and milled in the small volume of space between them. They formed a great wall, with numerous smaller ships buzzing between the intervals of their core behemoths.
InnocentBystander
The Russian Circus

Post by InnocentBystander »

Earth - Two Days Ago

Code: Select all

General Broadcast
Citizens of Portugla, the Emperor-Elect wishs to assure you that the brightest minds from around the solar system are investigating the appearance of the strange alien creatures. However security is the number one priority and the men and women of the Imperial Navy and Earth Defense stand vigilant, should these bizzare aliens become hostile.
Earth based defenses are on high alert. Surface to Orbit defense guns and long range nuclear missiles are ready to fire at a moment's notice; most weapon silo doors are open. The orbital defenses and the two key Portuguese battle stations are also at maximum alert and have their gun sights set on the alien space ships.

The Portuguese Imperial Fleet has formed up and is waiting at the Imperial Naval Base at Port Henry; a short distance from Sol. The Sol and Reserve Fleets have formed up into a 5 ship Wall of Battle at maximum alert and in a position to react to any attack on Earth.

(ooc: This all happened during that period where 'nothing' was declared to be happening ...)

Earth - Present

As the alien fleet charged towards Mercury frantic calls between the Fleet Admiral, Earth Defense, and the Emperor-Elect where exchanged. The Portuguese were prepared for an assault on Earth, an attack on the virtually lifeless planet of mercury was unexpected. The aliens had already begun to form their wall when the order came for the Portuguese fleet to move in and engage the Aliens - right behind the Logos fleet.

PUBLIC BROADCAST
ATTENTION - PORTUGAL WILL NO LONGER TOLLERATE PRESENCE OF THE BIOLOGICAL ALIEN SPACE FLEET IN THIS SYSTEM, OR IN ANY OTHER PORTUGUESE SYSTEMS. PORTUGUESE FORCE ARE MOVING TO ENFORCE THIS DECISION. ALL SHIPS ARE WARNED TO AVOID THE IMMEDIATE AREA AROUND MERCURY, WHICH IS NOW A COMBAT ZONE.
The combined Sol and Reserve fleets begin to quickly move, as a wall, into long rifle range. Intra-system nuclear missiles launch from silos onboard the Portuguese Battle Stations in orbit of earth, after broadcasting a brief message of intent to the various powers of sol; informing them of the launch.
Redleader34
Jedi Knight
Location: Flowing through the Animated Ether, finding unsusual creations

Post by Redleader34 »

Lagos
Africa
Earth

Now in the city, beings would appear. They were not normal. It was like watching an army of the undead invading the burning city. This was not the scene from the latest horror movie; instead, it was the Co-Operative going in, the cyborgs hardened against the massive radioactive plasma clouds which were still in. They finished the job of Sector Investigations, collecting samples of bodies, and using type 6 Phasers to sweep through the clouds. The beings walked, finding the wrecked battle train. Now the rescue TBM, originally meant to mine asteroids, was digging, and after several hours, found the massive 20 car train. The Polish forces would be ok, if nothing more than shocked at the attack.
A OtherKun class transport was above the city at this moment, waiting for the rescue to be completed. IT swooped down through the skies, and the, using its tractor beams, lifted u p the railcars, and placed them on a city street. The Commander, Collective Tactical Commander Motoko Kusanagi apologized to the polish cruiser’s officers, while on the ground, the last of the rebels was capture and shipped of to the temporary prison facility at the mouth of the Atlantic. The transport would then take off, dropping massive MAC cannons around the city. Now the rest of the Collective would be administering medical attention to the survivors, and several forces would now focus on regrouping, and taking the fight to the west, to sweep up any possible bases or weapons caches.

Addis-Abba
Africa Static Defense Cor
Deep Earth Shelter

Now in orbit, the epic space battle was going on, and ground forces were struggling to account for the planetary defenses. “COMMANDER, Where are my MAC Guns, Where are the Mobile Nuclear Missiles, Where are the Phaser Stations? What is New Mombassa’s Emergency Gridfire’s status?” This would be the chief officer of the Earth Defense bureau, Al Chinadu, screaming at his sub-ordinates to get the Earth Defenses online. “The MAC Network is 65, no wait, 70 no wait 75, No, Its 80% accounted for. Only the Nigeria region has no defenses. Gridfire is charged, and the lasers will help cover the Earth’s heights. The Phaser Platforms are online, and the Mobile Nuclear Artillery are 98% accounted for. We are missing two 500kt weapons, and intel seems to suggest that the poles acquired the weapons during their invasion of the city of Ibadan. With the other Countries of Earth working together, we estimate that Earth will be safe. The Navy will cover the hole, until the OtherKun can drop the temporary MAC cannons around the city. “Good Work Captain Richards. We may just defend this rock yet.” The kitsune would bow, and walk towards the command centre located in Addis Abba, while in orbit, the fleet would assemble.

Earth Space
Above New Mombassa

The Mothership would form into a wall, the two Battleships following into a wing at the edges of the Motherip’s Nacelles The Battleships flew above and below the Mothership, and this Diamond formation would orbit, waiting to close the distance. The OtherKun transport was docked at New Mombassa Heights, loading up with marines, troopers, and experts in planetary material content. Rescuing a force from alien space monsters, as the name was called “Would be the greatest work of any group. The TGA had also sent requests to all nations of the Earth, which asked for assistance “To save our fellow humans from alien oppression, using the power of human logic. The rescue forces were also asked “To assemble in the halls of the Coalition, and make this the first Coalition based operation.”

Secret Sector Investigations HQ

There would be a few jars full of collected parts of Straltoic, and they would be shaking. Now this would not a big deal, but the massive jet aircraft near the HQ shook the base, and the jar shook so much, that it spilled over, knocking the ooze on the ground. The Blob was out, and it attacked agent Karl Richards, a visitor from Neos 2. Now if a normal human would scream at the thought of a face hugger, a wolf would be in true horror, as it smelt the blob’s fluid invading its nasal passages, and chocking the poor wolf with its power. Another man, or drone in reality would walk in, and, holding his prototype Type 6 phaser, would fire the beam at the blob, blasting it, and causing it to fall off. Karl would quickly regain his composure, and toss the being into a metal container. Confident, he would say “New Order, All Stroaotic will be placed into Metal Containers for transport and storage…
Dan's Art

Bounty on SDN's most annoying
"A spambot, a spambot who can't spell, a spambot who can't spell or spam properly and a spambot with tenure. Tough"choice."

Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Sol
Just outside Earth orbit

The destroyer Char Aznable departed from its dock at the Katowica Space Elevator without incident and rendezvoused with the rest of the Space Command taskforce. In the meantime, the comms officers aboard the Saber were busy tuning into foreign transmissions to get a better idea of the situation they were getting themselves into, while sensor operators were busy tracking the movements of the alien fleet.

"We've intercepted a distress call from an American research station on Mercury. It looks as if they're the unlucky ones to make first contact with the bugs," a comms officer chimed in.

"The Portuguese fleet has issued an ultimatum and is now launching nukes and moving its ships towards Mercury, using a Logos Centrality fleet as cover," a sensor operator stated matter-of-factly. "The bugs themselves seem to forming a wall of battle."

"Then we'll use the Portuguese as cover," Vice Admiral Kawasumi said to the two officers. "Inform all the Sol powers that we'll be moving in as well. Inform all ships to arm nukes, power up lasers and coilguns, and move to long range. We'll shatter the wall with our own nukes before going in to pick off the rest."
Last edited by Shinn Langley Soryu on 2007-07-13 04:50pm, edited 1 time in total.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
rhoenix
Jedi Council Member

Post by rhoenix »

(OOC info - All events within this post are considered to be happening simultaneously.)

Cretecean Confederation
Covert Listening Post P3X-219
Landing Cavern

Nodding, Archon Inzeti did not seem perturbed. "I regret that my people have to deal with solitude ourselves now - however, once our time of Deepening is finished, it is my hope that another peaceful meeting with good intentions may take place between your people and ours. May you and yours be blessed."

With a bow of respect by the Archon and her two aides, made in the typical Gliesan fashion of covering a clenched left fist with a relaxed right hand, the three left with unhurried purpose. The gifts were left behind - the books in question being revealed to be a collection of comic books from the late 20th century on Earth, entitled Calvin & Hobbes. The silks were of amazing quality, and the tea selection was as varied as it was of high quality.

Straltoc Space
Crulmax System, Crulmathi
Palace of Transcendence

"Ambassador Alraszi, your concerns are legitimate, but I'm afraid I cannot address them at this time. My people's inward concern became pressing over the past few weeks, and all of us are returning to Golden Sky space for a time. Many of us suspect that this is going to be another evolution of our people, others suspect a time of great upheaval - perhaps both are correct. In any case, I look forward to returning and discussing such things with you when our time of Deepening has finished. My blessings to your people, Alraszi, and to yours as well, Ambassador Pitsiark."

With that, she and her two aides bowed formally, and left with unhurried pace back to their ship. The gifts they left behind included a wide selection of exquisite teas, bolts of fine silks of amazing quality, Gliesan literature and artwork of varying types, and a video chronology of Gliesan history. Given the Golden Sky predilection for conciseness and integrity, none of the history was dramatized - only the facts as known, with suppositions based on available evidence was presented.

North Galactic Trade Organization
Council Chambers

Archon Orgos strode again to the podium, glancing at the gathered delegates briefly. "We of the Golden Sky Combine regretfully must inform all of you that we must temporarily withdraw our support for the NGTO. We must attend to personal concerns, and when we are finished, a representative of the Golden Sky Combine will return."

Immediately afterwards, she bowed formally to the gathering, and strode out the door with long, silent strides, followed by her Jotun aides.

Coalition of Nations
Delegation Chambers

Archon Prasad strode to the newly-fixed podium, and calmly gazed at all the gathered delegation. Careful observation showed that he darted no glances of dislike at the Xylyx delegate, or any other - instead, he viewed all of them with calm. "Honored delegates of this newly august body, though I would like to have seen peace reached before I was forced to leave, a personal matter has arisen with my people as a whole, and I will be forced to return to Golden Sky space for a time. Rest assured however, that a delegate of our people will return when we are finished with our personal matters, and that delegate will work toward peace and harmony between all peoples. I wish all of you well."

On that day, even the armored Jotun soldiers left along with their Archon. Despite weighing more than half a metric ton with their armor on, according to the station's sensors, the soldiers walked smoothly and quietly. None of them said anything to any passers-by, though they did return greetings and questions with terse, though friendly answers.

Within a very short amount of time, every last Gliesan was enroute to their home space. Careful observers would note that any and all requests to enter Golden Sky space were quickly, though politely refused. One cruiser of a neighboring nation attempted entry anyway. It was swiftly disabled and towed out of Golden Sky space, repaired of the damage sustained, and left to be on it's way.
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

Crulmax
Crulmathi
Palace of Transcendence

The Straltoc watched the Gliesens go curiously and sadly, the normally tightly controlled emotions bubbling with something. Whatever was happening with them, it was obviously something grand and terrible, as all such things were, that only time would be able to allow to unfold.

Earth
High Orbit

The Ariklu and attendant frigates sent down a transmission to the ground defences of Africa, stating.

We know this will sound a little weird and more than a little suspicious seeing as it was our citizens that caused all the damage down there, but we have noticed a hole in your defences above Lagos and we felt that after the chaos those bastard mercs caused it would be the least we could do to help plug that hole against those giant space monsters.  Requesting permission to assume a defensive position under your command until the crisis is ended.

The wolf Karl Richards had a problem he did not know about. The problem was that when the phaser blast hit the blob, only most of it was knocked off. The energy blast had blown a 500 microgram shard of the Straltoc deep into his nasal cavity. Normally this was too small to be harmful as the shard was too small to be sentient or even feral, and reverted to the most basic instincts. With an internal energy supply, this would shut down the feeding instincts, and for the most part Lisbizif cells did not reproduce.

This shard was different though, for two reasons. The first was that for the first few seconds after separation it was still operating on its last command, which was to attack and feed. By the time it stopped, it had burrowed through Karl's nasal cavity and the skull, stopping just short of the brain. This was the second difference. Normally, a Straltoc fragment of this size never got anywhere near neural tissue.

To the shard, it suddenly thought that it was the first group of cells in the brain to start the Jormjal, the transformation from the humanoid Korrillstav to the amorphous Lisbizif, and it began to grow, and encompass the other cells. Unfortunately, several key differences existed between the Otherkin's cells and Straltoc that ensured the process would not work properly.

Feeling rather spooked by the whole affair, Karl decided to check out for the day. Before he made it half way out of the building though, he clutched his head and howled in agony and terror, his cry long and keening through the sterile hallways of the HQ. Impossible images flashed through his eyes, of places and times that could not exist, of people melting into walls, of great, impassionate presences staring back at him from the void. Trying to hold back the pain in his skull with his hnads, he rushed into the nearest bathroom to avoid throwing up in the halls.

When the security detail found him his head had exploded outward from the inside in a shower of blood and bone, although trivial knowledge of anatomy showed that the majority of the brain matter was missing. The vent on the ceiling ripped from its mounting suggested dread deeds had happened and were going to happen.
I love learning. Teach me. I will listen.
You know, if Christian dogma included a ten-foot tall Jesus walking around in battle armor and smashing retarded cultists with a gaint mace, I might just convert - Noble Ire on Jesus smashing Scientologists
Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

Between Mercury and Sol

The Polish Home Fleet formed up with the Logosian squadrons, carriers falling back, gun-ships pushing to the front and forming a wall of battle. A wave of contacts seemed to sweep away from the Polish force- Almost four thousand fighters and bombers, supported by a forwards wave of picket scouts and the fat little bodies of forwards AWACS birds.

Behind them, deep inside the armored bulks of battleships and cruisers, auto-loaders whined as their terrible cargoes were moved into firing position.

There would be three volleys. A rail gun's capacitors and giant industrial electromagnets could be set to different muzzle velocities, so each would arrive at the same time. The first shells would be smaller warheads and decoy-spreaders, because more internal space would be taken up by the short-range engines and maneuver elements which would slam them into target as they arrived. The last wave, the fastest, would have larger warheads, relying on their greater speed to blast through defenses.

They would be fired in such a way as to arrive concurrently with the Polish fighter-strike. The quantity of ordinance arriving would be extraordinary.

With Mercury burning, and the Americans friends of Poland, the choice was immediately made.

"All ships, open fire."

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Sol, Between Mercury and Sol

The Centrality battlefleets formed up with those of their allies. Unlike the Poles, the Centrality did not make extensive use of either rail guns or strike craft. Expendable drone weapon buses were expensive, but the Centrality was more willing to expend them than the lives of its citizens. Bays opened along the sides of the Archer class cruisers and the weapon carriers were launched into space at high velocities, their own engines kicking in moments after launch to hurl them towards their targets.

The Centrality tended to reserve missiles for medium range engagements. The advantages of a self guiding weapon for long range use were obvious, but the cruel limitations of fuel capacity and drive power placed their own restraints. When one possessed Actuality Sphere sensor systems linked to advanced computer brains and targeting systems, that the long range weapon be self guiding was less important. The results weren't always correct, but they were right often enough.

Turrets housing deadly graser cannons slid into position. Targeting data was calculated and correlated with the Polish volley. The grasers fired, the first volley timed to arrive a fraction of a second after the Polish combined volley hit. Then would come volley after volley of high energy gamma ray laser beams and into that cauldron of fire would come hellish clusters of secondary missiles spewed out the long range missiles and the weapon buses.
Last edited by Imperial Overlord on 2007-07-17 01:10pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Sol, between Mercury and Sol

Fleet Admiral Toranaga looked into the holosphere floating in the middle of the CIC. He observed the Polish and Logosian fleets prep for action. His fleet was a bit farther away than the other fleets, but this was only part of their doctrine.
"Well, well, well," he mused. With Mercury burning, it could be surmised that the aliens were not entirely friendly. The Home system should be defended and he had broad authority on the matter. So, it was decided.

"The Wall will engage the enemy," he ordered. The ponderous Yamato-class Battleships and their swifter Kongo-class Battlecruisers (though other nations might file them under Battleships, as well) swung around and presented their broadsides. The escorts swiftly moved out of the way, fighters kept close around the Wall to catch any - if there were any - enemy fighter craft. Designed around a long-range heavy missile doctrine, they had a huge punch to throw around. Target solutions were sent to the missile batteries and then all ships fired as one, all linked into a grid and hundreds of missiles were screaming down the enemy equipped with a mix of antimatter warheads, laser-heads, and jammers and decoys. twelve seconds later, a second volley screamed of. And another...
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Bugsby
Jedi Master

Post by Bugsby »

Ober
The Imperial Capital on Ober was a place of immense beauty. The city was kept small and rural on purpose. This was partially because it encouraged the image of the Oberin as passive and provincial, and partially because it made the Imperial palace look that much grander by comparison. The palace rose miles into the sky, a tiered ziggauarat-like structure covered with gardens and gently tinkling fountains. Despite its peaceful outward appearance, just past the doors the palace was a veritable fortress. Few made it that far. The Wanderer abassador was one of the lucky few.

The interior of the palace was a maze of beautiful artwork and lethal security. The Wanderer was quickly escorted through several security checkpoints, where he was scanned for weapons and any other potential threats. Security was of the highest importance - he was to be brought into the presenceoftheImperator.
The wisdom of PA:
-Normal Person + Anonymity + Audience = Total Fuckwad
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Ober

The Wanderer was, of course, clean to all save psionic scans, which simply confirmed the woman was of staggering mental power. She had, after all, manifested a 'ship' capable of jumping from the relatively obscure Ring the Wanderers lived on.

We greet the ruler of Ober. Resonated the thought towards the Imperator. And extend our best wishes of hope and good fortune that this meeting opens up a friendly and cooperative agreement in the Galactic South.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Sol, Mars Orbit.

"They are certainly going at it with gusto, aren't they?" The Ambassador considered, as the fleet of Wanderer ship-constructs clustered in relative safety. "Adjunct. Scan the swarm's minds. I wish to know more about them, before they are annihilated."

We obey. Sensors across the system picked up the surge of psion activity as the Wanderers began to probe and investigate the unknown attackrs, scanning them both in the physical realm and in the realm of the mind.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

Prizemleniyagorod
Kingdom of the Rus
Galactic South

Prizemleniyagorod- The filthiest, busiest city south of the Terran Sphere. An anarchic, violent place, it represented the greatest concentration of Human wealth outside of the regions directly administrated from Sol. From above, the planet of Rai was an ugly, polluted place, barely habitable and foggy with the smoke of industry. The name was a throwback to it's colonization over two centuries ago by Imperialist refugees fleeing the collapse of the Russian Federation on Earth- "Heaven." The place had never been a heaven, though, except for those seeking profits. In it's bustling marketplaces, ships from a thousand Rim worlds brought the wealth of the independent colonies. Oberin vintage wine was traded for cargos of Polish rifles. Huge bales of exotic opiates were exchanged for American cars and mobile power-plants. The finished, high-tech goods of Earth and the other Core worlds were traded for the chaotic riches of the exotic distances. Stefan Wozniak was involved in arbitrage- an agent for Warsaw-New York Finances, he bought and sold goods, purchasing them where they were cheap and selling them where they were expensive. Such price differentials could be massive across interstellar distances, and a single well-timed shipment could make a fortune. All one needed for the business were ships, and information. Ships were cheap. Information was not.

The resources poured daily into tracking prices across the civilized sphere was massive. Intelligence was gathered, publically and covertly, by organizations as disparate as national secret services to small, private firms.

Prizemleniyagorod was a hub for such activities, and Warsaw-New York Finances had it's fingers in pretty much everything which went on there.

Stefan Wozniak's office was comfortable and cluttered. He was one of thousands of agents tasked with organizing the pricing data streaming in from a million sources across the Rim.

He was also an agent of Sekcja III.

His eyes crossed the latest reports from the Southeastern Reach. Ever since the Drakol Imperium has established it's adorable little regional hegemony, prices for Core industrial goods had gone down as the Drakol began to build decent local goods. They were still in the tools-to-make-the-tools stage for some of the more advanced cybernetic and biological technologies, however, and their developing industry demanded some raw materials available in the region only at great cost. There was profit to be made as the small power grew, and WNYF was planning on making big money on the transition.

However, the situation had recently become hugely different. For one thing, the prices of medical supplies and food in the region had spiked suddenly and drastically. Worlds between Drakol and Rai had missed their import convoys, and prices for industrial equipment manufactured on Drakol had spiked.

There had been no word or dispatch from the Drakol Imperium in over a week. It was impossible. It was almost as if the planet had disappeared.

Stefan's eyes narrowed. After work that day, he added a long attachment to his dispatch back to the regional office.

Bugsby
Jedi Master

Post by Bugsby »

SirNitram wrote:Ober

The Wanderer was, of course, clean to all save psionic scans, which simply confirmed the woman was of staggering mental power. She had, after all, manifested a 'ship' capable of jumping from the relatively obscure Ring the Wanderers lived on.

We greet the ruler of Ober. Resonated the thought towards the Imperator. And extend our best wishes of hope and good fortune that this meeting opens up a friendly and cooperative agreement in the Galactic South.
Forrith Artelme came forward slowly, his back bent over his walking stick. He extended his hand slowly to the Wanderer and smiled in greeting. "Welcome, welcome," he grinned. "It has been long, too long, since I met with someone from outside. My age keeps me locked inside this palace, I fear, and messages can only accomplish so much. Leave us," he said to his guards, and they all nodded and left. All, that is, except his two personal bodyguards, two lithe and muscular men who never left the Imperator's side. "We have much to discuss."

As the door closed, a change came over the old Imperator. His back straightened and a gleam came into his eye. He strode the length of the throne room confidently, flanked by his guards. His walking stick swinging unused at his side. "We have much to discuss indeed."

An hour later, the door to the throne room opened. Forrith Artelme and the Wanderer left, the Wanderer leading the feeble Imperator. Tristan Artelme waited outside the door.

"You summoned me, father?" he asked, ignoring the Wanderer.

"I did indeed," Forrith told his son. "It is time you learned something of diplomacy. This fine woman is an emissary from the Wanderer nation. Escort her around the palace this evening. It would please me." With that, Forrith hobbled back into his throne room.

Tristan gave the Wanderer an appraising look. She didn't look like much, although Tristan could think of a thing or two she might be good for later that night. His father would pitch a fit if he found that his son had bedded a foreign emissary, but that only increased the woman's appeal. Besides, what went on between Tristan and the Wanderer was none of his father's affair.

"Welcome to Ober, my lady," Tristan said, forcing his most charming smile onto his face. "I would be only too pleased to escort you."
The wisdom of PA:
-Normal Person + Anonymity + Audience = Total Fuckwad
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Sol
Between Mercury and Sol

The CCS task force took up position alongside the Polish, Logosian, and Hegemony fleets, with the Saber and its cruiser escorts pulling back slightly while the destroyers and frigates formed a staggered wall of battle. "All ships are in position and awaiting orders," a comms officer called out.

"Just lock onto whatever enemy targets you can and open fire already," Vice Admiral Kawasumi ordered rather nonchalantly. "Oh, and would it kill you to play some fight music too?"

"Right away, Vice Admiral," another comms officer replied as she simultaneously broadcast the order and started scanning the ship's playlist for suitable music. "So, any special requests for our current fight song?"

While the weapons controllers were busy calculating target solutions, the other bridge officers were busy calling out their requests; apparently, they had a great fondness for Terran music of the late 20th and early 21st centuries, judging by the variety of names (everything from Alice in Chains to Weezer and everything in between) they were tossing about. Vice Admiral Kawasumi broke up the debate by issuing her own simple request: "Bleed It Out" by Linkin Park.

As Mike Shinoda's rapping and Chester Bennington's screaming reverberated throughout the CCS radio channels, the first missile volley was sent screaming towards the enemy, timed to arrive exactly one second after the Hegemony's first broadside; this was soon followed up by alternating salvos of coilgun, X-ray laser, and gamma ray laser fire, meant to buy time while the missile launchers were reloaded. Once the launchers were reloaded, another volley was sent on its way, accompanied by additional coilgun and laser fire; this pattern would repeat itself over, and over, and over...
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

PRIORITY ONE - USA FLEETCOM

TO: FL1

Orders follow:

Proceed with best speed to rally point FOXTROT, rendezvous with allied ships, then proceed along provided course to Mercury approach. Eliminate all hostile forces. Evacuate Davidson Base if at all possible.

-----

The entirety of the US Space Navy First Fleet, the main offensive arm of the US fleet, moved off to join the rest of Earth's defenders as they approached the massive alien fleet. They would fire as soon as the enemy was in range.
InnocentBystander
The Russian Circus

Post by InnocentBystander »

Earth

As the Portuguese fleet sped to long-gun range they crossed paths with their earth-launched missiles; war computers had already been set to sync missile launches throughout the fleet and a second barrage of missiles, including decoys, launched. Portuguese ships did not rely heavily on missile weight, but with the added firepower from the Portuguese orbital fortresses it was nothing to scoff at. Especially as they were just moments away from the Worldeaters' fleet, not far ahead of the missile launches from other nations.

BB-18 NIP Nossa Senhora da Gloria - Command and Control

The Command and Control center on the Gloria was the center of the Portuguese fleet. Abuzz with activity, the fleet admrial and his tactical aids stared at the holographic tactical display of the various fleets moving in to attack the Worldeaters. It was from this ship that the Portuguese attempted to syncronize their actions with those of the other solar fleets on the move.
"Admiral sir, Long Guns are now in range; we have firing solutions on their largest vessels. Eta on our missile shot is 28 seconds." one of the gun officers shouted from his station.
"All ships; slow to manuevering speed!" the fleet admiral shouted, the order was instantly piped via directional, mil-encrypted, transmission to every ship in the fleet."All ships; fire at will!"
Portuguese battleships opened fire with their 180cm Long Rifles, they were at the edge of their range, but there was no need to conserve ammunition. The snub-rifles on the portuguese crusiers fired as well, they were powerful guns, but cruisers, even with EW escorts, simply lacked the fire control of larger ships. At these ranges their shots would be wildy innacurate and somewhat lacking in their punch. However given the obviously fleshy nature of the enemy, they might very well get a few hits.
Redleader34
Jedi Knight
Location: Flowing through the Animated Ether, finding unsusual creations

Post by Redleader34 »

Earth Space
Far Earth Orbit

Now Dan Cody would look upon the initial firing of the other ships, and order his own fleet to go, and head out to Mercury “All Ships, Move out, head for Mercury, and try to cover the Rescue Transport! We must save our fellow people from the tyranny of the Space Monsters! For Great Justice!” There would be a cry throught the fleet, as all of the TGA ships moved out, their orbital parking lights shutting off, as they headed into the inner planet’s region
The Motherships’s Warp Engines propelled it through inter planetary distance, as the Battlecruisers Enterprise-D, and the Starlift prepared to follow. SHODAN would order “Photon torpedoes, Phasers, and forward railguns to power. With the Earth ships and the CCS, we estimate a 75% chance of victory, with a 100% of kicking ass!” Now hearing an AI say this was quite humorous, but ship combat was quite serious, as crewmen would run, preparing the massive vessels for battle, loading final torpedoes, and doing other last minuet inspections upon the Battlecruiser.
The Rescue Transport would fly behind the Mothership, waiting for its cover to arrive. The Battleships would follow, the Antares charging its Phasers and forward missiles for an attack on the strange beings. “All Ships, hold speed, and wait, we will follow the Char Anzible, and provide cover for the CCS” The Mothership would fire its long range phasers, and several torpedoes, the warheads flying through space at the beings. The Battlecruiser were firing as well, the missiles and railgun bursts heading towards the techno-organic beings.

Africa
Ibadan

Polish troopers would encounter an unusual looking truck in one of the many city floors. Now this truck had two five hundred kiloton nuclear weapons, and a rebel trooper with a dead man switch. The Troopers would look up, as he attempted to fire the weapons. The Detonator would malfunction, and this man would be left with two nuclear weapons that were armed, and an entire division of angry Sikh troopers with rifles pointed at him. He would raise his hands.

Poland
Earth
Collation HQ

At the Collation headquarters, Richards would be waiting to speak with a Stroaltic, a meeting pre-organized by a currier. The man, an agent of the Sector Headquarters, was waiting to speak with the alien being, on an issue that was most important to them. As the Straltic arrived, he would sit down, and greet the being. “Hello there. I am Emeka Davidson of the Sector Investigation services. I would like to talk to you, about mercenaries from your race. We have discovered them, and we are holding them In our countries. Now to prevent this from spreading out into an intergalactic incident, we would like to know, how to contain them, and what do you propose to do with them.
Dan's Art

Bounty on SDN's most annoying
"A spambot, a spambot who can't spell, a spambot who can't spell or spam properly and a spambot with tenure. Tough"choice."

Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

Earth
Poland
Coalition HQ

While he was still quite concerned about the battle brewing out in space, Ambassador Felsith was no war god, so right now the best thing he could do was help smooth out some ruffled feathers with the TGA.

"What do we propose to do with them? Nothing. They broke the laws of your nation, thus it is up to your people to met out justice as those laws require. If you wish not to have to deal with incarceration, we will take them off your hands and put them on a nice, dull penal colony for the next two or three hundred years. As ambassador, I am prepared to provide for them legal counsel if they so wish it, and ensure that as foreigners they are treated no differently than your own citizens accused and convicted of similar crimes. If you so desire, we can provide specialists to help in the interrogation, both with the Lisbizif, the amorphous forms, and with the more subtle shades of Straltoc psychology, to say nothing of translation issues. We are also willing to exchange data, and in fact request it, so that we can trace the money and material trails to try and find the backers for these mercenaries and how they obtained military grade equipment, so that they may also be brought to justice," Felsith explains plainly and simply.

"As to containment, the more humanoid ones are safe to contain using normal methods, while I have technical read-outs for the kind of cells we use on the Lisbizif. Admittedly, they include active force-fields, and I am not quite up to snuff on which nations have such technology but if necessary we can provide temporary shield generators until such time as you have either made a decision on their fate or have your own equivalents. If you require it, we can also synthesize limited quantities of an airborne agent that can paralyze Lisbizif, although you will understand if we are wary of using any form of chemical weapon," Felsith finishes.

pain...

so much pain...

eyes bleed, head bursting, watching back, always watching, watching...

mouths! great phantasmal rifts in the void! swallowing! being swallowed!

wolf! wolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolf!

Karl... Karl... Karlrichards...

I... I? i?

nightmare... nightmare... hunting hunted hunter

why?

pain...

so much pain...

The being that had exploded from the wolf Karl Richards' head was lurching randomly through the vents, trapped between worlds, the mind of the unfortunate wolf incorporated into the body of something desperately trying, and failing by an inch, to be a Straltoc Lisbizif. All it truly knew was that it was in pain, that others were out to get it, and that it wanted to live.

Oh, and of course, Karl's security codes. Anything that required biometrics would not be fooled, but codes and DNA scans would show the small blob as being Karl. And no one had thought to cancel his clearance yet...
I love learning. Teach me. I will listen.
You know, if Christian dogma included a ten-foot tall Jesus walking around in battle armor and smashing retarded cultists with a gaint mace, I might just convert - Noble Ire on Jesus smashing Scientologists
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Sol, Bloodbath Central

The wall of Monsters began opening ports and beaks of all shapes and sizes. They were impressively armed, spitting out a tremendous hail of fire just as the beams and missiles of the puny apes of this system arrived, crashing through their lines. The weapons proved potent, and the volume of them devastating.

The greatest creatures were targeted first, their armored skins shrugging off some blasts while having massive chunks torn out by others, punching through their bulky bodies. Many lesser types were destroyed in the fire, their proximity ensuring that many were damaged or destroyed by stray shots. The dead and greatly damaged were left to drift as their bretheren steadied themselves for a counter-attack.

Suddenly, they leapt forward, darting each like a missile towards the easiest targets available to them. Even the largest ones did so, thrusting forward with their powerful drives for ballistic approaches, streaming out ten meter tall crab-like 'fighters' along side. They each chose a seperate ship with this suicidal vector.

They closed the distance to the Portugese and Polish fleets like a relentless violet tide.
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

As the spare around Sol and Mercury exploded into a firestorm, the League team on Earth watched with interest, at least at first. And in all fairness, they never actually stopped watching; rather some attention was shuffled elsewhere. The same mind that'd earlier reached out ot the Wanderere contingent does so again, seeking the only vaguely-similar psychic presence in nearby space. /Quite the show out there...I don't suppose you've retained the design for popcorn? A few records we've got around indicate it was popular for situations like this, but not exactly what it was.\
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

White Haven wrote:/Quite the show out there...I don't suppose you've retained the design for popcorn? A few records we've got around indicate it was popular for situations like this, but not exactly what it was.\
The mental downlink suddenly erupted with a simple, yet memorable flavour. It was, however, mostly the flavour of salty butter. This is what we recall of it. The Ambassador seeks more knowledge of this situation, however. Do these creatures seem hostile to you, or merely drones? They seem quite inert against threats, responding instead to the presense of minerals.

Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

Independent Vessel Chorus of Heroes
Deep Space, Edge of Drakol Empire
Southern Reaches

The Chorus of Heroes swanned out of the twisting impossibility of FTL travel with grace and agility. Her boxy form may have seemed ungainly, but the discerning eye would notice her voluminous drive bubbles and her powerful maneuvering jets. The stubby, ugly snouts of military-grade particle beam cannon and the gaping mouths of VLS missile cells made it immediately obvious she was no civilian merchantman. In fact, she had once been an American Farragut- class Destroyer, but extensive up-gunning and reconstruction had turned her from an obsolescent design into a ship well-suited to the uses of one of Rai's most successful private military contractors.

On board, Stefan Wozniak was locked in an argument with the whip-like Russian who had command of the ship. "Explain to me, please, why we have stopped short like this? Without my permission?" Stefan's brow was knitted in anger. "Warsaw-New York paid a great deal for our assistance in this matter, and we expect to see results until such time as you have discharged the letter of your contract."

The dark-haired Russki glared at the sweaty little Polish bureaucrat. Her face looked like it had been constructed carefully by some sadistic artist out of scar tissue and border-world cybernetics. "Understand, that our contract is for looking at the system. Understand also what there is no longer a Drakol- no convoys, no communications, no Web presence, suddenly is gone. I am not intending on also being gone. We not need to enter system, no? We can stay here, black-body, and send FTL-scout. We get look, say what happens, and only then I risk ship. Is good?"

Wozniak's shoulders slumped. The woman had a point. He hated having his authority contradicted.

However, if she proves obstinate at an inopportune time, I have those four dozen "Corporate Security" gentlemen onboard...

His defeated smile could no have been more forced.

"Alright, Yakov. We'll do it your way. But I expect results. You advertisements and reputation are excellent. It would not be good for your future profits if the largest financial organization in the Reaches blacklists you, mmmm?"

"You worry about spreadsheets and finances, Pole. I'll worry about ship and scouting, OK?"

"OK."

The short-range parasite broke off from the destroyer, and lit off it's jumpdrives. It would be around Drakol in a matter of minutes, approaching high in the ecliptic, following the projected path of one of the system's many comets.