STGOD: A Dead Art?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

Whoops, my bad, I'll change that around. I'll figure out some place where they can throw up their little drama show. There must be large concentrations of civilians somewhere though if they're doing door to door fighting and the population of the city was stuck there during the initial seige.
I love learning. Teach me. I will listen.
You know, if Christian dogma included a ten-foot tall Jesus walking around in battle armor and smashing retarded cultists with a gaint mace, I might just convert - Noble Ire on Jesus smashing Scientologists
Redleader34
Jedi Knight
Location: Flowing through the Animated Ether, finding unsusual creations

Post by Redleader34 »

Just change the location to Central Park Region, and thats fine with me. People always go to parks after tragic incidents, it seems.
Dan's Art

Bounty on SDN's most annoying
"A spambot, a spambot who can't spell, a spambot who can't spell or spam properly and a spambot with tenure. Tough"choice."

Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

Okay, but as a note, the guys who collapsed weren't carrying any weapons with them at the time so a comparison to Earth weapons would be impossible.
You know, if Christian dogma included a ten-foot tall Jesus walking around in battle armor and smashing retarded cultists with a gaint mace, I might just convert - Noble Ire on Jesus smashing Scientologists
Redleader34
Jedi Knight

Post by Redleader34 »

Oh, sorry there. I was trying to compare the weapons that my guys, had found from the blobs, to their normal MP-5s
Dan's Art

"A spambot, a spambot who can't spell, a spambot who can't spell or spam properly and a spambot with tenure. Tough"choice."

Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

Yeah, I got that, its just that they were trying to look like the victims of excessive TGA aggression, so carrying any weapon would look bad. Short term, they don't want to be shot. Long term, as mercenaries they want to foment hatred and fear so as to create the next conflict they can fight in.
Redleader34
Jedi Knight

Post by Redleader34 »

Uh, On the Straltoic, what happens if most of their mass is in jars separated from each other?
Dan's Art

Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

Wait up on the Drama Show, because there are some 150,000 Polish elite troops about to make their presence known. I'll post ASAP.

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Since HRSTG has withdrawn, what becomes of his power in-game? Does it vanish in a puff of improbability, or does it become an NPC power, like the ones that consequences has been eating?
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Noble Ire wrote:Since HRSTG has withdrawn, what becomes of his power in-game? Does it vanish in a puff of improbability, or does it become an NPC power, like the ones that consequences has been eating?
For that matter, does it get surrounded by an impenetrable Slo-Time shield in case HRSTG finds the time to take the reigns back up later on?
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

One solution that seems to work reasonably well is that his nation breaks off all ties and treaties he might have had, becomes incredibly insular, and tells the galaxy to fuck off. This prevents people from artificially inflating their fleet totals through treaties and from people walking all over the new NPC nation for nothing.

If he decides to come back and his nation got fucked, he can play the resistance or roll up a new race. If they're still insular, he can make up a reason for the change of heart and move on.
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Nephtys, what part of "you can't rape the planet yet" are you having difficulty with? You jumped the gun by simply arriving and not talking about the arrival despite the in place early warning systems possessed by several powers. There's a large fleet near your arrival point. YOU CANNOT SIMPLY POST YOUR WAY PAST IT.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Redleader34
Jedi Knight

Post by Redleader34 »

Can the Earth forces genocide the space monsters yet? Eating a planet is a bit much, no?
Dan's Art

Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Mining chunks out of a planet. That's nowhere near planet-killing. This is also at a pretty much uninhabited rock, to be all myyysteeerioous alieny, with a pretty brute-force method. I didn't even write any sort of effect on the outpost, that's up to the owner to decide.

The mass of a planet is not going to be bothered by a few mining ships. Nor really is it going to be particularly productive in any sort of military/industrial sense. It's pretty much fluff and shaking things up on Mercury.

And last I read, I didn't see any fleet intercepting. The human fleets are around Earth and Mars.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

The human fleets are gathered before you arrive, because you simply posted your arrival.

Several players have early warning systems so they will see your huge alien fleet before your arrival. So a fleet masses in anticipation of your swarm of doom.

Nitram's ruling on the matter:
As the only non-Sol-power Mod, I would be the only uninvolved party. I had assumed Nephtys would not simply do it immediately and would let people know the horde was coming.
Can be seen here
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Yes. I see that. But it doesn't say that those ships are in my way at the moment. Earth had plenty of time to rally and form up around their real protected areas, and it was ruled that because of surprise, my force lost nothing really signifigant to interdiction on this first time.

I also wrote a several day lull to let some more organization occur. I don't see where the conflict is, to move a few minutes to Mercury.

And oh, here's what Nitram said at the end of his ruling.
I'm sure a few dozen ships got snagged by interdictors. There simply aren't sufficient ones to stop this many targets. That will no doubt be adapted to in time. There

So yeah. I figured that meant I am here, and the whole system is prepared. It does not mean that they are on top of me, or have anything around Mercury. Hell, I was under the impression by the US post that their outpost is being left on it's own to try and weather it out.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

We are posting our arrival near your arrival point before you arrive Nephtys BECAUSE WE SEE YOU COMING. You won't have time to go anywhere without dealing with the fleet.

YOU ARE NOT REWARDED FOR FUCKING UP YOUR ARRIVAL POSTS. Am I clear?
Bugsby
Jedi Master

Post by Bugsby »

Imperial Overlord wrote:Either that or use my mod powers to throw moons at their home worlds.
The STGOD equivalent of "rocks fall, everyone dies."
The wisdom of PA:
-Normal Person + Anonymity + Audience = Total Fuckwad
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Imperial Overlord wrote:We are posting our arrival near your arrival point before you arrive Nephtys BECAUSE WE SEE YOU COMING. You won't have time to go anywhere without dealing with the fleet.

YOU ARE NOT REWARDED FOR FUCKING UP YOUR ARRIVAL POSTS. Am I clear?
I don't see a single post regarding a fleet anywhere within action range of me. Mercury's being abandoned by the US. I don't see any other player also actually posting that they had a fleet prepared at exactly where I was, only at best, some vague gesture in the OOC thread.

You totally saw me coming, sure. I arrived on target, and haven't seen anyone try to engage or move to engage. Only some probe launches and recon flights.
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

If fleets are moving to protect Mercury, why don't people just post to that effect and stop yelling? Or will you sit by Earth and protect it? Since they're very, very lined up with one another, I would assume the fleet is blocking a run at Earth, though I'm willing to listen.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Alright. Thirdfain apparently has extreme-range missiles prepped to fire on the arriving mega-swarm. React to it.

And if I have to keep stepping in on Sol, I am going to blow up the goddamn Primary and kill you all. I am sick of this stuff because none of you speak to one another.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

SirNitram wrote:Alright. Thirdfain apparently has extreme-range missiles prepped to fire on the arriving mega-swarm. React to it.

And if I have to keep stepping in on Sol, I am going to blow up the goddamn Primary and kill you all. I am sick of this stuff because none of you speak to one another.
I saw that, but well. It's 'preparing'. The missiles are being programmed. I don't have really anything to react to someone preparing. My side isn't very reactive of less than overt provocation.

Well.

Okay. I think we have a MASSIVE communications failure. I will say exactly what I think happened, ICly by my timeframe/view of events.

Big force comes on sensor. But the surprise/newness means only a small portion are caught or destroyed by system defenses outright.

Main force arrives to Sol. Shock. But Earth and Mars had heavy defense forces organizing around these planets before it dewarped. Some time passes, possibly days. The swarm hangs around Sol

Poland and others get some forces around possibly for offensive use prepared. They arm missiles and some groups send scouts or probes.

I hit Mercury, mere minutes away from the Sun. Which is a small outpost and pretty much left on it's own by the US.

Anything else, well. If you want to do something, then do it. Pose it, if you want to engage me, then write that you're moving to so we can get a mod and work our the battle. I can't exactly react to some ships loading missiles across the system.

By this timeline which seems to me is what everyone is reacting to, I don't see why there's particular issues atm.
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Ok, I guess Nephtys fleet ignored my challenge.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Agent Fisher wrote:Ok, I guess Nephtys fleet ignored my challenge.
Ah yes. Sorry about that. No response at all.
InnocentBystander
The Russian Circus

Post by InnocentBystander »

So I just got home from work and am totally confused.

Has a big fleet of alien space ships been hanging around in the middle of the system for days? Did I miss my chance to react to what appears to be some sort of invasion?
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

MOD VOICE ON:

It's a mess is the problem. We have two confused alternate timelines. Everyone in Sol, stop with the fleet actions. Mods are going to attempt to create sanity with a minimum of retconning.

There is a reason for the OOC thread. This is so you can post your intentions and your victim(s) can remind you about their uber advantages that can thwart you. Use it. All of our mod headaches have been from people just going ahead and posting their actions and not consulting with their victims. It makes us cranky when we inherit the mess. I know everyone wants their uber secret stealth attack, but err on the side of talking about it OOC. It makes life easier on all of us.