D&D: Shadows of Dambrath: OOC Thread

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Deathstalker wrote:I'm still in, just havent had opportunity to do anything. Last I remember is standing overwatch on Harvey's B&E.
ANd he is back now
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Overlord, "from earlier" has nothing to do with it. New combat, new initiative. Roll again.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

As you wish.

On a side note I would really like to roll decently sometime this session.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
frigidmagi
Sith Devotee

Post by frigidmagi »

You need to warm up your dice pre-game. The first couple rolls out of the bag always suck wind.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

I usually have the opposite phenomena. Like last night. The first couple of rolls rock and then the numbers drop through the floor.

Post edited with the new (and identical) initiative roll.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
A Big Flying Fish
Jedi Knight

Post by A Big Flying Fish »

I think that stands as the biggest fuck up of a simple action I've ever managed. Note to self: Remember when you're sneaking, because you know, you generally try and be sneaky.
Dwarf Obsessive. There's just something about short barrel-chested people with a penchent for axes and beards.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

A Big Flying Fish wrote:I think that stands as the biggest fuck up of a simple action I've ever managed. Note to self: Remember when you're sneaking, because you know, you generally try and be sneaky.
:P
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

As the Paladin of the Goddess of beauty, who wields a blackpowder gun and a flaming whip, fuck secrecy.

Time to blow something up. It's a military thing.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Could one who is interested still join?
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

consequences wrote:Could one who is interested still join?
Well, I long ago closed entry, but several players have since disappeared. So, sure.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Rogue 9 wrote:
Well, I long ago closed entry, but several players have since disappeared. So, sure.
Huh, I read everything, and somehow missed that fact. Neat trick! :)

So, for convenience of joining the party, can my character be chained up next to the intended rescuee, with all of his stuff conveniently in the next room?
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

consequences wrote:
Rogue 9 wrote:
Huh, I read everything, and somehow missed that fact. Neat trick! :)

So, for convenience of joining the party, can my character be chained up next to the intended rescuee, with all of his stuff conveniently in the next room?
That'll work. Best get moving before he's rescued, though. :P
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Rogue 9 wrote:
consequences wrote:
Point or roll based Character creation?
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

consequences wrote:
Rogue 9 wrote:
consequences wrote:
This is all in the Characters thread. All relevant threads are in the game threads sticky at the top of the forum. I think we used 4d6 drop lowest, but I'll have to check.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Rogue 9 wrote:
consequences wrote:
Rogue 9 wrote: That'll work. Best get moving before he's rescued, though. :P
This is all in the Characters thread. All relevant threads are in the game threads sticky at the top of the forum. I think we used 4d6 drop lowest, but I'll have to check.
I checked, but it wasn't immediately apparent with some characters, what with race based stat adjustments that I didn't have on hand.
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

was 4d drop lowest, assign at will.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

consequences wrote:I checked, but it wasn't immediately apparent with some characters, what with race based stat adjustments that I didn't have on hand.
Yeah, that can be confusing. But if you have any question you can be sure that some one here will have the answer.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

I'm taking some time off for educational reasons. Alyrium and Rogue can NPC my two characters, if there are any questions they (as well as others) know how to reach me if you need my input. If not have fun in my absence.
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

So, how am I chained to the wall, usual four point all arms and legs rig, something more reliable, did they go for just securing the arms, what?

Worst case, we'll see if a +19 to intimidate can do any good when you are chained unarmed to a wall. :D
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Rogue, could you post with some results for the firepower we've been throwing around. We've chucked three fire balls and shot a bunch of people. Have we killed them all, most of them, a tiny fraction, etcetera?
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Either get on the ball, or declare the game over. I'm tired of this waiting.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

*Sigh* I'm sorry, I just can't keep up with this. Finals are in a week, I've got papers coming due... Perhaps it would be better to just end the game.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Rogue 9 wrote:*Sigh* I'm sorry, I just can't keep up with this. Finals are in a week, I've got papers coming due... Perhaps it would be better to just end the game.
I'll leave that up to the rest of the players. Personally, I'd be happy if you'd just inform us when/why you're not going to be available. Just going silent and leaving us hanging causes Bitchiness. Now that you've explained that it's Finals, I'm cool and can wait two weeks.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Yeah, I'll pick it up as best I can when my jury's over. You understand that's something of a high-stress event for a music major, since if you screw it up too much you basically don't advance to the next grade level...

Hochlage Macht Frei. :wink: See you in two weeks.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Rogue 9 wrote:Yeah, I'll pick it up as best I can when my jury's over. You understand that's something of a high-stress event for a music major, since if you screw it up too much you basically don't advance to the next grade level...

Hochlage Macht Frei. :wink: See you in two weeks.
Good luck on the Jury, let us know what happens.