BREAK-IN AT PELOSI HOUSE

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Aether
Youngling

Re: BREAK-IN AT PELOSI HOUSE

Post by Aether »

LadyTevar wrote: 2022-10-29 11:11am
muse wrote: 2022-10-28 05:59pm On the bright side, he wasn't picking up DUIs and running people over after getting hammered last night.
So, this means he deserved to have a mentally-disturbed Q-Anon follower break into his house and try to kill him and his wife?
"Deserved" is a little on the nose, but I do appreciate the joke; "At least he wasn't driving this time while hammered."

But I am absolutely certain you and those who agree with you had the exact same sentiment when Rand Paul was beaten up and had broken ribs.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Aether wrote: 2022-11-06 01:46pm
LadyTevar wrote: 2022-10-29 11:11am
muse wrote: 2022-10-28 05:59pm On the bright side, he wasn't picking up DUIs and running people over after getting hammered last night.
So, this means he deserved to have a mentally-disturbed Q-Anon follower break into his house and try to kill him and his wife?
"Deserved" is a little on the nose, but I do appreciate the joke; "At least he wasn't driving this time while hammered."

But I am absolutely certain you and those who agree with you had the exact same sentiment when Rand Paul was beaten up and had broken ribs.
While yes, I did get a laugh out of that, there is a difference between picking a fight with the neighbors and losing, and behind home asleep when a burglar breaks in with the intend to do serious harm to your wife.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

LadyTevar wrote: 2022-11-07 10:51am
Aether wrote: 2022-11-06 01:46pm
LadyTevar wrote: 2022-10-29 11:11am So, this means he deserved to have a mentally-disturbed Q-Anon follower break into his house and try to kill him and his wife?

While yes, I did get a laugh out of that, there is a difference between picking a fight with the neighbors and losing, and behind home asleep when a burglar breaks in with the intend to do serious harm to your wife.
Took me longer than I care to admit to get that joke :oops:

Nancy Pelosi tells of chilling moment she learned of hammer attack on husband Paul Pelosi.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

Man who attacked Nancy Pelosi's husband with hammer convicted of attempted kidnapping
A man who attacked former US House speaker Nancy Pelosi's husband with a hammer after breaking into their family home has been convicted of assault and attempted kidnapping.

David DePape, 43, was caught on police body camera video attacking Paul Pelosi in 2022, just days before the United States midterm elections were due to take place and now faces up to 50 years in prison.

During trial testimony, he admitted to breaking into the Pelosis' home, with the intention of holding Ms Pelosi hostage and to "break her kneecaps" if she lied to him.

DePape also admitted to bludgeoning Mr Pelosi with a hammer after San Francisco police officers arrived at the property.

DePape's lawyer had argued that he was caught up in conspiracies and motivated by his political beliefs, rather than wanting to interfere with Ms Pelosi's official duties as a member of Congress.

His testimony echoed right-wing conspiracy theories and explained how he had planned to wear an inflatable unicorn costume and record his interrogation of Ms Pelosi to upload it online.

DePape said he then planned to move on to other targets, including actor Tom Hanks and US President Joe Biden's son, Hunter.

Mr Pelosi also testified during the trial, recalling how he was awakened by a large man bursting into his bedroom and asking: "Where's Nancy?"

He said when he responded that his wife was in Washington, DePape said he would tie him up while they waited for her to return.

"It was a tremendous sense of shock to recognise that somebody had broken into the house and looking at him and looking at the hammer and the ties, I recognised that I was in serious danger, so I tried to stay as calm as possible," Mr Pelosi said.

He described how he managed to call police with DePape looking on, urging Mr Pelosi to tell police that he was a friend.

Mr Pelosi recalled being thankful when the police arrived, only for DePape to then hit him with the hammer. He said he woke up in a pool of his own blood.

More than a year after the attack, he still has not fully recovered, Mr Pelosi said.

A neurosurgeon who operated on him testified that Mr Pelosi had two wounds on his head, including a fracture to his skull that had to be mended with plates and screws, which he will have for the rest of his life.

DePape is also facing a raft of charges relating to a separate state trial, which is due to get underway later in November.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

"Planned to wear an inflatable Unicorn costume"

............ What. The Fuck.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

LadyTevar wrote: 2023-11-16 08:56pm "Planned to wear an inflatable Unicorn costume"

Conceptually - That's what any jury likely would have said if he'd done it. Thereby making an 'insanity defense' more likely to succeed.
Visually - I know, right? Inflatable T-Rex all the way.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

Solauren wrote: 2023-11-16 09:02pm
LadyTevar wrote: 2023-11-16 08:56pm "Planned to wear an inflatable Unicorn costume"

Conceptually - That's what any jury likely would have said if he'd done it. Thereby making an 'insanity defense' more likely to succeed.
I mean, how would you react if somebody kidnapped you and interrogated you while wearing an inflatable unicorn costume??? I’d probably break pretty quick, I’ve seen enough robot chicken sketches with unicorns to know where that’s going.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Tribble wrote: 2023-11-16 09:33pm

I mean, how would you react if somebody kidnapped you and interrogated you while wearing an inflatable unicorn costume??? I’d probably break pretty quick, I’ve seen enough robot chicken sketches with unicorns to know where that’s going.
Truthfully, I'd probably go 'for fuck sake, this shit, AGAIN?' just to throw them off their game.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

"more likely" as in "extremely unlikely" instead of "practically impossible", it takes a very specific set of insanely for that to even considered. Just being quick or weird doesn't cut it one has to mentally unable to tell right from wrong for insanity defense to apply.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

Solauren wrote: 2023-11-16 09:02pmConceptually - That's what any jury likely would have said if he'd done it. Thereby making an 'insanity defense' more likely to succeed.
Or he genuinely is madder than a sackful of starving weasels.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
bobalot
Jedi Council Member

Post by bobalot »

What's the problem? Sounds like the most mentally sound Trump supporter.

Jokes aside, there is going to be political assassinations carried out by these lunatics soon. I'm sure the Milquetoast mainstream press will recoil in horror and ask how this could have happened despite all the ample warning and precursor incidents.
"This statement, in its utterly clueless hubristic stupidity, cannot be improved upon. I merely quote it in admiration of its perfection." - Garibaldi

"Problem is, while the Germans have had many mea culpas and quite painfully dealt with their history, the South is still hellbent on painting themselves as the real victims. It gives them a special place in the history of assholes" - Covenant

"Over three million died fighting for the emperor, but when the war was over he pretended it was not his responsibility. What kind of man does that?'' - Saburo Sakai

Join SDN on Discord
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

bobalot wrote: 2023-11-18 10:28pm
Jokes aside, there is going to be political assassinations carried out by these lunatics soon. I'm sure the Milquetoast mainstream press will recoil in horror and ask how this could have happened despite all the ample warning and precursor incidents.
The relative lack of them so far is a testament to how bad Trump is at being a fascist.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Ralin wrote: 2023-11-19 01:18am
bobalot wrote: 2023-11-18 10:28pm
The relative lack of them so far is a testament to how bad Trump is at being a fascist.
Or how good the FBI was at grabbing the leaders of Jan 6.
Remember, the MAGArats felt the backlash hard. Those who weren't jailed still lost jobs, like a certain WV GOP who was kicked out of our House of Rep, and some were ratted out by their own family members who were disgusted by their actions. The US public as a whole sat up, took notice, and many of the "followers" have chickened out.
As I recall, the MAGArats got so jumpy that when someone did try to get another protest going, that person was tagged as "FBI Agent Trying To Get Us Arrested!" and dogpiled by the other QAnon/MAGArats.
Now, they're seeing Trump getting roasted, and while there are still some True Believers, I think others are starting to wonder if it might be better to just stay home and let it all blow over.