Mexico sues US firearms manufacturers

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Mexico sues US firearms manufacturers

Post by MKSheppard »

Link to PDF of 139 page lawsuit filed

==============

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/04/worl ... anies.html
MEXICO CITY — In a first, the Mexican government on Wednesday filed a lawsuit in the United States against 11 gun manufacturers and suppliers, accusing them of negligently facilitating the flow of weapons to powerful drug cartels and enabling tremendous bloodshed in Mexico.

The complaint, filed in a federal court in Massachusetts, accuses companies including Smith & Wesson and Colt of designing, marketing, distributing, and selling guns “in ways they know routinely arm the drug cartels in Mexico.”
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Re: Mexico sues US firearms manufacturers

Post by Solauren »

Wow.

Does this even have a chance of working?

And could individual states, or even the US Federal government, join in the lawsuit?
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Lost Soal
Sith Devotee

Post by Lost Soal »

The families from one of the school shootings was granted leave to sue based on the gun companies marketing, Mexico probably did this because of that decision.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Ancient Egyptian Blessing

Ivanova is always right.
I will listen to Ivanova.
I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God.
AND, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out! - Babylon 5 Mantra

There is no "I" in TEAM. There is a ME however.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Lost Soal wrote: 2021-08-04 06:25pm The families from one of the school shootings was granted leave to sue based on the gun companies marketing, Mexico probably did this because of that decision.
Then I hope everyone who was ever negatively impacted by a firearm used by a criminal, including ever American city, American state and territory, and the US federal government, and possibly their Mexican and Canadian governments, join in this lawsuit, and absolutely annihilate the firearms industry as it stands.

That would remove a lot of the 'push back' against any kind of firearm reform in the United States.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

Shouldn't they be sueing the ATF instead? They did the funneling.

Sueing manufacturers over customers illegal use of their products is retarded, doing the same when it's known criminals using stolen products is pants-on-head retarded.

Should auto makers be sued everytime someone died as a result of a DUI?
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Marko Dash wrote: 2021-08-06 02:50pm Shouldn't they be sueing the ATF instead? They did the funneling.

Sueing manufacturers over customers illegal use of their products is retarded, doing the same when it's known criminals using stolen products is pants-on-head retarded.

Should auto makers be sued everytime someone died as a result of a DUI?
Automotive Manufactures/Sellers advertising is not aimed at people that are drunk or otherwise under the influence. Most sponsor programs like MADD.

Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

and what firearm advertising have you seen that's targeted at gang members and drug dealers?
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Marko Dash wrote: 2021-08-06 11:17pm and what firearm advertising have you seen that's targeted at gang members and drug dealers?
I'm Canadian. Don't get a lot of mexican programming.