The answer is - Alex Trebek

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

The answer is - Alex Trebek

Post by Borgholio »

Which beloved game show host who was a fixture on TV for decades died today at the age of 80?

:( Man....

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/08/entertai ... index.html

(CNN)Alex Trebek, the genial "Jeopardy!" host with all the answers and a reassuring presence in the TV game-show landscape for five decades, has died. He was 80 years old.

"Jeopardy! is saddened to share that Alex Trebek passed away peacefully at home early this morning, surrounded by family and friends," said a statement shared on the show's Twitter account Sunday. "Thank you, Alex."

The cause of death was not immediately announced. Trebek revealed in March 2019 he had been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer, triggering an outpouring of support and well wishes at the time.

"Jeopardy!" contestant Ken Jennings said on Twitter Sunday he was thinking of Trebek's family and the "Jeopardy!" family, "which, in a way, included millions of us," he said.

"Alex wasn't just the best ever at what he did," Jennings wrote. "He was also a lovely and deeply decent man, and I'm grateful for every minute I got to spend with him."

Trebek is survived by his wife, Jean, who he married in 1990, and his three children.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Re: The answer is - Alex Trebek

Post by Isolder74 »

He had Pancreatic cancer. We all knew this was coming.

Things that we all wish didn't happen for 200, Alex.

Farewell to a great man.
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Yan »

Same. It's sad though. I saw Jeopardy as a kid quite a bit.
phred
Jedi Knight

Post by phred »

Yup. Not a surprise, still sad to see him go.
"Siege warfare, French for spawn camp" WTYP podcast

It's so bad it wraps back around to awesome then back to bad again, then back to halfway between awesome and bad. Like if ed wood directed a godzilla movie - Duckie
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

And just a week after Sean Connery:

Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

I take some comfort in hearing he died peacefully with his family around him. He will be missed
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

I guess he had to make sure Connery was kept away from his mother
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?