Family of Federal Judge in New Jersey shot, suspect, an MRA lawyer, found dead.

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Family of Federal Judge in New Jersey shot, suspect, an MRA lawyer, found dead.

Post by The Romulan Republic »

https://theguardian.com/us-news/2020/ju ... -to-gunman
A self-described “anti-feminist” lawyer who is suspected of killing himself in the Catskills mountains is being investigated as the possible gunman in the shooting of a federal judge’s family in New Jersey.

Roy Den Hollander, who appeared on Fox News and Comedy Central for lawsuits challenging perceived infringements of “men’s rights,” was found dead Monday in Sullivan County, New York, officials have said. He is believed to have shot himself.

A day earlier, a gunman posing as a FedEx delivery person went to the North Brunswick home of US district judge Esther Salas and started shooting, wounding her husband, the defence lawyer Mark Anderl, and killing her son, Daniel Anderl.

Salas was at home but in another part of the house and was unharmed, said the officials, who spoke to Associated Press on condition of anonymity.

Den Hollander had a gender-equity lawsuit, filed in 2015, that was being heard by Salas involving a young woman who wanted to register for being drafted into the US military. He also mentioned the judge in writings posted online, deriding her as a ladder climber who traded on her Hispanic heritage to get ahead.

A package addressed to Salas was found along with Den Hollander’s body, the officials said.

Den Hollander had previously written online of posing as a FedEx delivery person to speak with a young girl, the same tactic the gunman apparently used at the door to the judge’s family home.

Den Hollander was best known for unsuccessful lawsuits challenging the constitutionality of “ladies night” promotions at bars and nightclubs. His litigation, and willingness to appear on television, earned him spots on The Colbert Report and MSNBC.

Daniel Anderl, a 20-year-old college student, was Salas’s only child, the official said. He was set to be heading back shortly to The Catholic University of America in Washington DC where he was named to the Dean’s List this spring.

“I was shocked last night to hear news of Daniel Anderl’s tragic death Sunday evening in New Jersey. Daniel was a rising junior, enrolled for classes beginning in the next few weeks,” university President John Garvey tweeted.

Salas, seated in Newark, was nominated by President Barack Obama and confirmed in 2011. Before that she served as a US magistrate judge in New Jersey, after working as an assistant public defender for several years.

Her highest-profile case in recent years was the financial fraud case involving the Real Housewives of New Jersey reality TV stars Teresa and Joe Giudice, whom Salas sentenced to prison for crimes including bankruptcy fraud and tax evasion. Salas staggered their sentences so that one of them could be available to take care of their four children.

In 2017, she barred federal prosecutors from seeking the death penalty against an alleged gang leader charged with several deaths in Newark, ruling that the man’s intellectual disability made him ineligible for capital punishment. Salas later sentenced the man to 45 years in prison.

More recently, Salas has presided over an ongoing lawsuit brought by Deutsche Bank investors who claim the company made false and misleading statements about its anti-money laundering policies and failed to monitor “high-risk” customers, including the convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

The New Jersey senator Bob Menendez, who backed Salas’s nomination to the federal bench, said on Sunday: “My prayers are with Judge Salas and her family, and that those responsible for this horrendous act are swiftly apprehended and brought to justice.”

New Jersey’s governor, Phil Murphy, called the shooting “a senseless act” and said “this tragedy is our latest reminder that gun violence remains a crisis in our country and that our work to make every community safer is not done”.
This is going to spawn so many conspiracy theories... and frankly not without reason. Sure, there are a lot of reasons this scumbag, or someone else, might have targeted a judge, but given recent events, particularly in Portland, America as an authoritarian regime is no longer a hypothetical. Its a fact. And targeting judges or their families if they go against the regime's interests is exactly the sort of thing I'd expect from a Mafia State like Russia- or the American regime that emulates it.

Let's see: we have a Judge's family murdered, with the judge herself likely the target. Said judge is handling a fucking Deutschbank/Epstein case. The suspect is then found dead before they can be questioned.

Of course the Reich wing media will immediately add this to their list of "Clinton murders", even though the suspect's views (MRA and racist) hew to the Right. Personally, I think that if anyone powerful has decided to start eliminating independent judges and their families, it would be the guy with a lifetime of Mob ties who's currently having dissidents snatched off the streets in unmarked vans.

It doesn't even have to be directly on his orders. Someone kills a dissident on their own initiative, in a culture where the leader has signaled that such behavior is permissable.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.