Iran Sinks Own Frigate?

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Iran Sinks Own Frigate?

Post by MKSheppard »

#BREAKING: Reports of an Iranian Navy vessel being hit by a missile launched by mistake from another Iranian Navy missile. 30-40 reported dead (@aliostad) pic.twitter.com/mceiuvQPeN

— Faytuks News \uD83D\uDD34 (@Faytuks) May 10, 2020
Based on very early initial reports, it seems that an Iranian Navy Moudge Class frigate, fired upon an Iran Navy vessel named "Konarak" in the Jask area.

Image seen below is a Moudge Class frigate. pic.twitter.com/DTY09SHvbK

Doge Doge (@IntelDoge) May 10, 2020
#BREAKING: An Iranian Navy Frigate has been sunk by in a blue on blue incident after an anti-ship missile was fired from an Iranian Destroyer, initial reports suggest that 40+ have been killed and multiple others are yet to be accounted for.

SkyWatcher Intel SkyWatcher Intel (@skywatcherintel) May 10, 2020
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Re: Iran Sinks Own Frigate?

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Range Safety Failed. Fuse Functioned.

"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Re: Iran Sinks Own Frigate?

Post by LadyTevar »

BBCNEWS wrote: Iran Navy Friendly Fire Incident
Nineteen sailors have been killed and 15 others injured in an accident involving Iranian naval vessels in the Gulf of Oman, Iran's navy has said.

Iranian media reported that the support ship Konarak was hit by a new anti-ship missile being tested by the frigate Jamaran during an exercise on Sunday.

The Konarak had been putting targets out in the water and remained too close to one, according to the reports.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet