Man attempts self-immolation outside Canadian immigration office.

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Man attempts self-immolation outside Canadian immigration office.

Post by The Romulan Republic »

https://globalnews.ca/news/5720862/man- ... rehension/
A 48-year-old man is in hospital with serious injuries after setting himself on fire outside of the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in London’s south end on Friday, the province’s police watchdog said.

According to the Special Investigations Unit, which has invoked its mandate, the incident happened outside the Exeter Road government office around 1 p.m. Emergency crews were called to the scene after a 911 call was made regarding a man in distress who was threatening to harm himself.

“Officers arrived at the scene and attempted to communicate with the man,” the SIU said in a media release.

The agency says two officers at the scene fired plastic projectiles from an ARWEN, or Anti Riot Weapon ENfield, at the man, who then set himself on fire. Fire crews at the scene manged to extinguish him, and the man was rushed to hospital with serious injuries where he remained Friday night.

Few other details are known, and the police watchdog says it has assigned three investigators and one forensic investigator to the case.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the SIU at 1-800-787-8529.
I wonder if he was pro or anti immigrant.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.