Norway shutting down all FM radio stations by 2017

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Re: Norway shutting down all FM radio stations by 2017

Post by His Divine Shadow »

I've been tuning in british radio on shortwave this evening, also found chinese radio.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Tribble wrote: 2021-11-11 11:30amWhat I find interesting is that at least in the GTA news/ sports broadcasting etc tends to be more on AM, while music is predominantly on FM. Well, at least music made since 1950’s anyways :P
This is pretty much the same in America and everywhere else I would presume. The audio quality of AM frequencies is not that good, so it's perfect for news and talk shows.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Holy shit! A 6 year old necro!
Well, in the Oslo area, there's still a few local radio stations on the FM band that I listen to while in my car, but my radio listening has taken a steep dive the last years as I don't have a DAB radio.
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
JI_Joe84
Padawan Learner

Post by JI_Joe84 »

We are still FM/AM here in the states with the rich kids just having to have something better so they get satellite radio.
What's this alternative 🤔 to FM you speak of? I have never heard a peep about it.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Interestingly, satellite radio never took off here. We have AM/FM radio, or people just stream things like Spotify or podcasts.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
JI_Joe84
Padawan Learner

Post by JI_Joe84 »

Gandalf wrote: 2022-02-17 03:28pm Interestingly, satellite radio never took off here. We have AM/FM radio, or people just stream things like Spotify or podcasts.
That's what most do here, stream Spotify or just run the radio. Other than Bluetooth for connecting the phone I can't see anything else I would want from a radio in the car. 🤨