Oh NOOO Saddam forcing children into combat

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Oh NOOO Saddam forcing children into combat

Post by Faram »

Only link in Swedish

Aftonbladet

Apparently USA is accusing sadamn of serius war crimes, Keith Garvin an ABC News reporter in Iraq have vitnessed Iraqi troops using Women & Children as shield and giving children arms.

Fuck this ain't good :(
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
jegs2
Imperial Spook

Post by jegs2 »

Already posted that, but yeah, it's sickening.
John 3:16-18
Warwolves G2
The University of North Alabama Lions!
jegs2
Imperial Spook

Post by jegs2 »

Posted it in the wrong place, I did, and mis-named it is well (growls at the missing edit button):

Iraqis must fight, or their children will be slaughtered:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,82310,00.html
John 3:16-18
Warwolves G2
The University of North Alabama Lions!
Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Post by Faram »

jegs2 wrote:Already posted that, but yeah, it's sickening.
Opps sorry did't see it.

Well sick enuff to post 2 times, and people thinks that war against saddam is a bad thing... :roll:
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

jegs2 wrote:Posted it in the wrong place, I did, and mis-named it is well (growls at the missing edit button):

That's just sick... :evil: :evil:
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

children as hostages or warriors? Ive heard the first.

. . . you know saddam is almost becoming too absurd for reality. its like every evil thing you can think of. o_O
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

Its not new since every third world country does that. :roll:
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

true. Im told they use children to clear minefields, as well.
This day is Fantastic!
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

This reminds me of the "baby eating hun" propaganda of the first world war.

This is far too absurd to believe without some hard evidence.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Enforcer Talen wrote:true. Im told they use children to clear minefields, as well.
Err. what minefields? They're fighting defensively, the only minefields are their own.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

mm, I thot I was unclear when I posted that. random third world countries.
This day is Fantastic!
DOOMer WoW
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

NecronLord wrote:This reminds me of the "baby eating hun" propaganda of the first world war.

This is far too absurd to believe without some hard evidence.
thats my thought. theres only so many atrocities a man can do in a day.
This day is Fantastic!
DOOMer WoW
Enricko
Padawan Learner

Post by Enricko »

NecronLord wrote:
Enforcer Talen wrote:true. Im told they use children to clear minefields, as well.
Err. what minefields? They're fighting defensively, the only minefields are their own.

IIRC:
During the Irak-Iran War, Iranian children were running in front of the army to clear the minefields for the soldiers...
"We don't suspend disbelief, we hang it until it's dead!"
Major Cam Corder, Sevgates Cartoon Strip

MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

About clearing minefields on ogrish.com i saw how some african countries do it,they push animals in them :x
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

Enricko wrote:
NecronLord wrote:

IIRC:
During the Irak-Iran War, Iranian children were running in front of the army to clear the minefields for the soldiers...
that's priorities for you.
This day is Fantastic!
DOOMer WoW
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Enricko wrote:
NecronLord wrote:

IIRC:
That just shows that Saddam's a good guy, look what his enemies do. :P :twisted:

Seriously though, much of the resistance to saddam has been from groups that want to replace him with an islamic funamentalism like Saudi Iran or Afganistan. He's actually a secular ruler. Not a nice one, but still one up on many of his neighbors. I fear that when they are done the US will impose a funamentalism... :x
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

NecronLord wrote: I fear that when they are done the US will impose a funamentalism...
That's utterly ridiculous. Really.
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

Enforcer Talen wrote:children as hostages or warriors? Ive heard the first.

. . . you know saddam is almost becoming too absurd for reality. its like every evil thing you can think of. o_O
Japan was going to do the same thing at the end of WWII until Hiroshima and Nagasaki. They closed all the schools and started preparing to arm all civilians, including schoolchildren.
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Frank Hipper wrote:
NecronLord wrote: I fear that when they are done the US will impose a funamentalism...
Based on what? 'We're too nice to do that'? I shall remind you the last time the US installed a democracy was West Germany, or maybe South Korea, though that is questionable.

May I also remind you that the vast majority of nations in the middle east are theocratic in some way, even Israel, be they controlled by one religious group (Israel) a theocratic monarchy (Saudi etc.) or purely theocratic (Iran).

Therfore: Voting = Theocracy, Imposing a ruler = Eventual Theocracy.

Iraq is hated by Iran because Saddam is secular, he is less religious than most of the US administration. Please think beyond the level of "We're the good guys" and see the shades of grey.
Queeb Salaron
Jedi Council Member

Post by Queeb Salaron »

jegs2 wrote:Posted it in the wrong place, I did, and mis-named it is well (growls at the missing edit button):

::Sighs:: Sad... Just sad.

I'm so close to doing a 180 on this war it's scary. If you hear the words, "bomb the fuck out of that slimy Iraqi fascist" come out of my mouth, someone please slap me.
Proud owner of The Fleshlight
G.A.L.E. Force - Bisexual Airborn Division
SDnet Resident Psycho Clown

"I hear and behold God in every object, yet I understand God not in the least, / Nor do I understand who there can be more wonderful than myself."
--Whitman

Fucking Funny.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Queeb Salaron wrote:I'm so close to doing a 180 on this war it's scary. If you hear the words, "bomb the fuck out of that slimy Iraqi fascist" come out of my mouth, someone please slap me.
No Evidence = No Credibility.

Looks like standard 'dehumanise the enemy' propoganda to me.

"The filthy Hun Bayonet babies in Belgium"

Funny how these things return in a slightly more sophisticated form isn't it?
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

NecronLord wrote:
Queeb Salaron wrote:I'm so close to doing a 180 on this war it's scary. If you hear the words, "bomb the fuck out of that slimy Iraqi fascist" come out of my mouth, someone please slap me.

True, I suppose reports by the soldiers can't be trusted. We'll all have to be such skeptics that we can only believe what we see with our own eyes, and ignore the men on the firing line *sigh*.
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

NecronLord wrote:
Frank Hipper wrote:
Based on what? 'We're too nice to do that'? I shall remind you the last time the US installed a democracy was West Germany, or maybe South Korea, though that is questionable.

May I also remind you that the vast majority of nations in the middle east are theocratic in some way, even Israel, be they controlled by one religious group (Israel) a theocratic monarchy (Saudi etc.) or purely theocratic (Iran).

Therfore: Voting = Theocracy, Imposing a ruler = Eventual Theocracy.

Iraq is hated by Iran because Saddam is secular, he is less religious than most of the US administration. Please think beyond the level of "We're the good guys" and see the shades of grey.
First of all, "imposing a fundamentalism" would be going against any semblance of common sense. (not that common sense is abundant these days) Fundamental Islamicists are howling for American dead wherever and however they can be killed. Why in the hell would the U.S. want to install a rabid theocracy? There will be attempts to place as secular and non-controversial a government as possible in place once the smoke starts to clear.

Please don't accuse me of not being able to see past "We're the good guys", history's my hobby, and this is hardly the first time the U.S. has been the the one to initiate hostilities. For an excellent analogy, see the Spanish-American war. :roll:
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

The Dark wrote:True, I suppose reports by the soldiers can't be trusted. We'll all have to be such skeptics that we can only believe what we see with our own eyes, and ignore the men on the firing line *sigh*.
Meaningless Sarcasm, isn't it fantastic?

The point remains, undamaged.

Reports from soliers, particularly senior officers cannot be trusted. You do know soldiers are as suseptible to urban myths as everyone else don't you. Evidence is needed for credibilty.
Queeb Salaron
Jedi Council Member

Post by Queeb Salaron »

NecronLord wrote:

...First of all, I have no idea what you're talking about. If you couldn't taste the sarcasm coming off that sentence in waves, you need your head examined. What's more, if you've read ANYthing I've written in this section, you'd know exactly how sarcastic it was.

Sweet baby Jesus. Some people need their heads examined.
Proud owner of The Fleshlight
G.A.L.E. Force - Bisexual Airborn Division
SDnet Resident Psycho Clown

"I hear and behold God in every object, yet I understand God not in the least, / Nor do I understand who there can be more wonderful than myself."
--Whitman

Fucking Funny.