E-Bomb rumor

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

E-Bomb rumor

Post by SirNitram »

I'm classifying it as a rumour due to the lack of solid evidence so far... See Page 15 of the Breaking News thread for this rumor.

Alright, do we believe it? Such weapons are easy to make, certainly. And effective to do what was claimed. But the Pentagon is denying it, and I've not seen other sources reporting it.

Is this a good change to the battlefield? It may end up rapidly shortening the city fighting, if it works well.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

City fighting is mostly rifle and machine gun work. An E-bomb wont stop a major battle from happening in Baghdad. Personally I don't believe such a has been used or exists in a useabul form.

Most of the "information" about it seems to have spawned from a Popular Mechanics article years ago, and that magazines claims to have discovered a new aircraft in every other edition. Most turn out to be paper designs or sketches from the 50's and early 60's that where quickly discarded without ever moving up the chain of approval.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

Stand by, Ion control. Fire.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am