Monochromaticism.

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Axis Kast wrote:With regimé-change will come Western products and influence. Iraq is already quite the secular state. It will only move further along those lines. With Saddam out of power and a new government in, none of the nationalistic fundies about which you speak will have a figurehead any longer.
Do you remeber what happened in Iran? The US will have to be helluvalot careful to ensure it won't happen again. Flooding the country with American goods is not a very good idea.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Queeb Salaron
Jedi Council Member

Post by Queeb Salaron »

fgalkin wrote:
Axis Kast wrote:With regimé-change will come Western products and influence. Iraq is already quite the secular state. It will only move further along those lines. With Saddam out of power and a new government in, none of the nationalistic fundies about which you speak will have a figurehead any longer.
Do you remeber what happened in Iran? The US will have to be helluvalot careful to ensure it won't happen again. Flooding the country with American goods is not a very good idea.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Oh come on... I wanna see Iraqis driving Ford Excursions, sucking down greaseball burgers from McDonalds, wearing Nikes and playing American Football. The world would be better if everyone played American football. :)
Proud owner of The Fleshlight
G.A.L.E. Force - Bisexual Airborn Division
SDnet Resident Psycho Clown

"I hear and behold God in every object, yet I understand God not in the least, / Nor do I understand who there can be more wonderful than myself."
--Whitman

Fucking Funny.
Axis Kast
Vympel's Bitch

Post by Axis Kast »

If we don't manipulate the Iraqi government, we won't have another Shah of Iran incident.

Come off well as a nation trying to help, and they'll welcome us. Our culture can (for the most part) coexist with their own. Iraq is very secular anyway.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Iraq is very secular anyway.
Maybe compared to other Islamic nations. In the grand scheme of things, however, that would be a no.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Axis Kast wrote:If we don't manipulate the Iraqi government, we won't have another Shah of Iran incident.

Come off well as a nation trying to help, and they'll welcome us. Our culture can (for the most part) coexist with their own. Iraq is very secular anyway.
Russia's very secualr, too, yet many people despise American mass culture.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Axis Kast
Vympel's Bitch

Post by Axis Kast »

While I agree we don't want to inundate them, you can't deny that American products will flow in after reconstruction.

We'll need to moderate, but it won't be a terrible thing. Especially if we play our cards right on the social spectrum.