Dumbass fundies and Iraq

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Dumbass fundies and Iraq

Post by Vympel »

Received this stupid shit in my email:
Will WAR IN IRAQ lead to an unstoppable chain of events that will result in ARMAGEDDON?

You've asked the questions. Now get answers from a respected, authoritative perspective. Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins, best-selling authors of the Left Behind series, along with noted Bible historian and end times analyst Mark Hitchcock have teamed up to lead the Left Behind Prophecy Club.
As news breaks and world-changing events unfold, you will be the first to receive in-depth analysis and interpretation from LaHaye and Hitchcock.

• Weekly Analysis of world events and their relationship to end-time prophecies.
• Tim LaHaye, Jerry Jenkins and Mark Hitchcock answer your questions.
• Exclusive message boards.
• Free Left Behind Illumina to the first 20,000 subscribers! (A $20 retail value)

Subscribe now and find out:

• Is the UN a precursor of the One World government prophesized in the Bible?
• Could the Antichrist be alive now? If so, how can he identify so he does not deceive us?
• Are ATM's and other revolutions in global banking foretelling of the Mark of the Beast?
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Stuart Mackey
Drunken Kiwi Editor of the ASVS Press

Post by Stuart Mackey »

I wish I could get spam like that in my email, I always like a good laugh. All I ever get is Korean garbage I cannot read, and adverts promising to enlarge my penis to horse proportions and breast enlargement stuff to make me the envy of Pamela Anderson.
Last edited by Stuart Mackey on 2003-03-23 05:27am, edited 1 time in total.
Via money Europe could become political in five years" "... the current communities should be completed by a Finance Common Market which would lead us to European economic unity. Only then would ... the mutual commitments make it fairly easy to produce the political union which is the goal"

Jean Omer Marie Gabriel Monnet
--------------
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

'Respected' should never be used to describe a 'Prophecy Club'
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Next of Kin
Rabid Monkey

Post by Next of Kin »

Has anyone watched John Hagee lately? I'd be interesting to hear if he's slappiing his bible on the podium and screaming that the end of the world is upon us--aleluiah!
Sir Sirius
Sith Devotee
Location: 6 hr 45 min R.A. and -16 degrees 43 minutes declination

Post by Sir Sirius »

I've actualy read the first three books of the Left Behind series. Man there was some seriously stupid shit in them, not to mention the poor writing, useless protolyzing and a ridiculous plot.
Last edited by Sir Sirius on 2003-03-23 10:21am, edited 1 time in total.
Arrow
Jedi Council Member

Post by Arrow »

Don't you just love this bullshit?

<brag>I had a person at another site going on about how the bible's end-times are coming. I asked him for cites, and he gave me some chapters from revalations. That was quite possibly the easiest argument I've ever destroyed, and I got to use his own material against him.</brag>
Artillery. Its what's for dinner.
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

People have been worrying about Armageddon for the better part of a millenium. I don't see why this little scuffle in Iraq is going to cause it.
The Great and Malignant
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

Why are they forecasting Armageddon? It's already came to us. But, something much worse is coming....

It's called "The Core".

As for those lunatics, I find it funny when they use the Bible to "prove" the end of the world. There's so much circular logic in doing that, it could make one dizzy. However, being able to laugh at such nuts has a downside: People actually believe them.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Next of Kin wrote:Has anyone watched John Hagee lately? I'd be interesting to hear if he's slappiing his bible on the podium and screaming that the end of the world is upon us--aleluiah!
Yes. And yes. He's doing everything but wrapping himself up in the American flag.
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

Actually I love the series. I have the first four, and they are great. However, they had a book called 'Are We Living in the End Times?' when the series first came out, at least three years ago. That was well before even 9-11. Give me a fucking break. One world governtment? the UN is a joke not a government. ATMs, global banking the mark of the beast, at least there we have a long way to go before worrying about that. My parents just now got a bank card, and I doubt they'll do much with it.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
Sir Sirius
Sith Devotee
Location: 6 hr 45 min R.A. and -16 degrees 43 minutes declination

Post by Sir Sirius »

DG_Cal_Wright wrote:Actually I love the series. I have the first four, and they are great.
Are we talking about the same thing here?
These books -> http://www.leftbehind.com/books/
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

I remember liking the first 5, when they had some character flaws. as it got on, they became cardboard, and the bad guy became pathetic.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

What's the betting the fundies want the war to fight Babylon? :D :shock: :?
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth